[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Theory
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4
File: IMG_20160226_234714.jpg (368 KB, 1932x1084) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160226_234714.jpg
368 KB, 1932x1084
What if they decided to remove IVs in Sun/Moon and that's why Virtual Console Pokemon RBY is not compatible with the current gen? Or they are just too lazy to release an update for Pokebank.
>>
>Game freak gets rid if IVs
>brings back DVs instead

Oh fuck.
>>
>>26749674

Nah. I don't lile theories. I like facts.
>>
Another possibilities are either IV gets randomized or scaled in proportion, like 15 DV becomes 31 IV.
>>
File: Haunter_Laughing.gif (440 KB, 490x350) Image search: [Google]
Haunter_Laughing.gif
440 KB, 490x350
>>26749674
>What if they decided to remove IVs in Sun/Moon
>>
How is this a theory?
There is no evidence to support it.
>>
>>26749776
My "evidence":
1) "Casualisation" tendency that everyone talks about
2) Inability to transfer pokemon to ORAS

>>26749749
That's what I'd like to be true.
>>
>>26749674
I'd have thought it was pretty obvious that the reason you can't transfer the Pokemon to Gen 6 is simply a marketing trick by Nintendo so that there are more incentives to buy Gen 7. Removing IVs seems unlikely at this point.
>>
they'll probably scale DVs to IVs. all you need is a lookup table when sending them over and you're basically covered for Gen 1 and Gen 2
>>
Have we seen a pokemon's in game stat/move sheet yet?

If the blue pentagon is gone or replaced anything is possible.
>>
>>26749813
Eventually we will change the IVs in-game
Stop lying faggot, nobody cares about your shitty ideas
>>
Shut up faggot.
>>
>>26750745
I am a faggot indeed but I wasnt lying.
>>
>>26750831

kys desu famiglia
>>
>>26749813
>"evidence"
"""""Evidence"""""
keep grasping at straws, faggot.
>>
>>26749813
ooooooooooooooooooooooor
They don't want to update the current games.
They didn't update XY when ORAS was released, bc "muh gameplay".
>>
They need to change the IV systems to at least include Hidden-Power Fairy.
>>
Christ the scary thing is that I can actually see this as being true.

GameFreak scrapping IVs because in the competitive field everyone has perfect IVs and in the casual world it means kids who don't inject or understand anything about game mechanics will always be in a losing position.

I remember Masuda being questioned about IVs in an interview and he said that they're not meant to be thought of as stat points, but that they're designed to make each caught Pokemon unique. I wouldn't be surprised if the mechanic gets shifted a lot.
>>
>>26751960
And IVs getting shafted is bad why? The "uniqueness" argument is total bullshit anyways, if they really wanted to do that right, they should just give each Pokemon small variations in colour.
>>
>>26751986

I'm not totally against IVs being removed, but the whole point of 'uniqueness' wouldn't be resolved by changing the colour.

Each Pokemon needs unique potential stat spreads to make battles and raising Pokemon interesting. You don't want to homogenize every Pokemon you battle in the wild. Some are interesting because they outspeed you and others are bulky and it's fun be taken aback by their resilience.

Besides, the uniqueness factor isn't an 'argument', it's literally the reason IVs are in the game - Masuda has said this himself.
>>
>>26749813
And who said you can't send pokemon from oras to s&m?
>>
>>26752109
And it's a shit reason. Natures alreadymake the stat differences in Pokemon much more pronounced and achieve the same result as IVs without restricting people who don't want to cheat from official competitions.
>>
>>26752219
They can make just one way transfer.
>>
>>26752219

It's already been announced that there is no Previous-gen compatibility and the only Pokemon you'll be able to trade across is from R/B/Y on the Virtual Console.

OP does make a good point. It's not proof, but it is evidence that something may be happening to the IV system. Given we already have plenty of old mons appearing in Alola, it doesn't make sense that with the advent of Bank you still can't move Pokemon to S/M.
>>
>>26752349
>It's already been announced that there is no Previous-gen compatibility
Really? I did not know that.
>>
>>26752349
You're legit retarded. The whole point of Pokémon Bank was to transport Pokémon between games and generations.

The Pokémon from RBY will be able to go to SM through Pokémon Bank, not other mean
>>
>>26749674
IVs are the worst thing about Pokemon so I hope so. EVs are great and shows how well you trained a pokemon, IVs are literally "my pokemon are perfect because I bred them that way" Doesn't sound very kid friendly, does it?
>>
>>26752349
How fucking backwards retarded do you have to be to believe such a thing?
>>
The only reason RBY can only transfer to SM and not ORAS is because Missingno is going to be made canon.
>>
>>26752349
>It's already been announced that there is no Previous-gen compatibility
I'm gonna need a source on this one.
>>
>>26752349
Nope: http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-video-games/pokemon-bank/

Pokemon captured in X, Y, AS, and OR can be transfered to Sun and Moon through the bank.
>>
>>26752440

>battle specific mons to git gud
>well-trained

are you proud of your pokemons power as well?
>>
>>26751960

If they really worried about "muh competition", they wouldnt blatantly make pokemon in tiers.

IV's are here to stay forever
>>
>>26752440
Kids don't care about competitive and those who do just cheat anyway, so it all evens out.
>>
>>26752702
This also applies to pokemon cuptured from the past 4 generations (through some short of transfer daisy chain). It just that you can't directly trade/battle between XY/ORAS and Sun Moon.
>>
>>26752639
>>26752384
>>26752377

Apologies, it's just simple confusion. R/B/Y can only be moved to S/M and not ORAS/XY.
>>
>>26752778
Another third gen case would be pure madness at this point and would piss off so many people it's not even fun. GF may be retarded but they're not insane.
>>
>>26752834
Gen3 case became a thing only because there were no way to connect GBA with GBC. Now if they decide to change the format of pokemon, they could just convert existing mons. Like removing or changing IVs, making nidoqueen and nidoking same species and much more.
>>
>>26752919
It was just laziness, there's absolutely no justification.
>>
>>26752244
but every pokemon with the same nature would be literally the same. IVs are an important distinction and considering how fucking easy it is to IV breed, get over yourself Anon.
>>
File: 1442727830105.jpg (106 KB, 564x560) Image search: [Google]
1442727830105.jpg
106 KB, 564x560
>>26749674
What if OP was straight
>>
File: Blue_pentagon_status_screen.jpg (20 KB, 237x127) Image search: [Google]
Blue_pentagon_status_screen.jpg
20 KB, 237x127
But will something like the blue hexagon will be back?
>>
>>26753250
>five sides
>hexagon
>>
>>26753250
That's a pentagon anon
>>
>>26752661
I would love the fuck out of this. Too bad it'll never happen, the closest I would ever dare to hope for is another victiny sort of thing where they give us a special new pokemon that registers as #0 in the local dex to acknowledge the fact that glitch/out of dex range pokemon exist.
>>
>>26753270
I count over 100 edges on that figure anon.
>>
>>26753324
I think it would be a neat easter egg to allow people to transfer a glitchmon over from RBY VC, and then treat it like an event later on for anyone that missed it.
>>
can some one please explain to me what this is >>26753250
what function does those shapes have?

captcha: Select all images with a store front.
>>
>>26753375
that icon means that pokemon originated in a gen 6 game and is therefore eligible for battle spot matches and/or vgc matches

of course it won't really matter after november
>>
>>26753375
Illuminati
>>
>>26753270
>>26753277
Sorry, brainfarted, but still same question.

Will they repeat something like that? Seems more annoying than useful
>>
>>26752919
I don't think it's a problem with the link cables; I think it's a problem with the added Nature feature.
>>
>>26749674
> Pokemon transferred from red and blue automatically have perfect ivs.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.