[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MOVE ARRANGEMENT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: Ck7bJIPWkAAgofn.jpg (20 KB, 357x255) Image search: [Google]
Ck7bJIPWkAAgofn.jpg
20 KB, 357x255
Well /vp/, now that the superior vertical layout is back, how do you plan to arrange your moves?

For me, gen 1/2 was like this:

>60-80 BP STAB to OHKO random encounters
>90-120 BP STAB to deal with strong trainers
>70-100 BP coverage move
>status move / another coverage move / another STAB (secondary type)
>>
>>26749390
>Disarming Voice
Pooplio will be fairy type. Good. It can be ugly AND gay now.
>>
>>26749406
Please stay on topic, God.
>>
I've always arranged mine by Move name length
>>
>>26749414
Shut up Randy, no one likes you!
>>
>>26749390
I arrange mine by PP amount, from lowest to highest, so Giga Impact would, at 5PP, be on top, etc. In case of 2 move with the same PP, the one with the most Power is on top, and status moves go above all else, while still following th PP amount rule. God is autistic, what can he say?
>>
>>26749439
Example:

Disarming Voice - 15PP
Water Gun - 25PP
Pound - 35PP
Growl - 40PP
>>
>Primary type STAB move
>Secondary type STAB move/High BP offensive move
>Coverage/set up/boost
>Status/hazard/heal
>>
>>26749439
shut the fuck up, bitch
>>
>>26749477
Don't make me come over there Randy! You know I will!!!!
>>
Why the fuck would they change it back to vertical?
>>
OCD guy here. I always arranged them by the move's length

I.E.
Flamethrower
Lava Plume
Eruption
Ember

It made my 9 year old brain happy, and now it can make my mid 20 year old brain happy as well
>>
>>26749390
Hahahahaha my fellow autist.

I always order them following criteria
-STAB first. If the Pokémon has two types, the STAB with the longest name goes first.
-Secondary STAB goes second, unless the attack is much shorter in name.
-Coverage moves go third
-Normal type moves and status go last, unless a) There's repeating types, then they alternate with the previous aytavks
-The last attack must be the one shorter in name, unless it is the only STAB, then it goes on top, and the order is reversed.
>>
>>26749390
Order of usability. The one I use most often comes first and so on.
>>
File: 1465959991007.jpg (535 KB, 1080x920) Image search: [Google]
1465959991007.jpg
535 KB, 1080x920
>>26749390
>Being this pleb
The only correct way to play Gen 1 and 2 is

>STAB attack
>Redundant STAB attack
>Coverage attack
>Coverage attack

>Implying anyone used status moves in Gen 1 other than maybe one sleeper
I've always used boosting moves since I was about 13 and realized that one stage was a 50% boost, and I always have Twave for reliable captures and to help setup against gym leaders, but I'm not going to pretend that I used anything other than 4-attack back in the earlier gens.

>Blastoise with Surf/Ice Beam/Body Slam/Mega Punch
>>
>>26749417
this anon knows what's up
>>
Whatever order they learn the moves in.
>>
>primary stab
>utility/whatever
>utility/whatever
>other attacking move

The main criteria is that the first and last move have the longest names, so as to sandwich the remaining moves in their protective grasp.
>>
>>26752353
Also
>Not re-ordering your moves depending on where you are
Particularly for things like gyms, where you know what type you're going up against, being able to just hit A over and over rather than having to select the move every time is nice. Otherwise, just put the reasonably-high-PP reasonably-high-BP move first for blasting through routes.
Since the third move (in the vertical list style) or the last move (in the 2x2 style) takes the most button presses to reach, I tend to put the thing I use least there (e.g. Protect which is situational or Shell Smash, which has drawbacks)
>>
>>26749390
>highest dmg
>2nd highest
>3rd highest
>least dmg

Best way to arrange desu.
>>
>>26749390
>>26749390
they go in alphabetical order you stupid fuck

always have and always will, now and forever
>>
>priority move
>stab
>secondary stab/status
>coverage/status
>>
>>26749390
I don't arrange my moves.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.