[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Six point five >ROTOMDEX WILL LITERALLY HOLD YOUR HAND
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5
>Six point five
>ROTOMDEX WILL LITERALLY HOLD YOUR HAND
>Smallest region yet, only one island
>Under 70 new mon
>Type effectiveness casualization
So what will the next meme be to paint Sun and Moon in a shitty light? Is there any chance of these games being well-received by /vp/ at all, considering how much people are literally looking for reasons to not like them?
>>
>>26749111
>crush-avulsion-1.jpg

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>26749111
It will get more praise than gen 6, but thats not saying much
>>
>>26749111
I feel like people are being pessimistic on purpose because if the game comes out and it ends up being great, it will be a nice surprise, but if it ends up being trash, their expectations weren't that high to begin with.
>>
>>26749111
>>Under 70 new mon

sourse: your ass

Not saying that it's impossible, but it isn't confirmed yet.
>>
>>26749143
I'm not saying we're getting under 70 new mon, I'm saying that's one of the scaremongering tactics that the SM pessimists are using
>>
>>26749111
It's /vp/, do you seriously expect us to ENJOY a Pokemon game?
>>
>>26749111
would getting an injury like that hurt?
>>
>>26749153
>us
>veeppee is one person
>>
People will buy SM, no matter what. I'm pretty sure that those "I won't buy these shitty games" fags also were here when XY were released and said similar shit.
4chan is a site to pretend being an edgy fucker, you are enslaved by GF as I am, we are unities, not persons, we are not a unique snowflake.
>>
>>26749167
>Us
>Not a plural pronoun, that refers to a collection of which you are a part
>>
>>26749167
you are a literal motherfuckin retard
>>
>>26749166
it would be very painful
>>
>>26749168
This
Back in xy people spouted that shitty "preorder cancelled" forced meme every time
Also OP
>letting shitposting neckbeards influence your opinions
top kek m8, I've enjoyed every pokemon game and I give 0 shits about what shitposters say here, just igonre them
>>
>>26749195
>letting shitposting neckbeards influence your opinions
OP here, that's not what I'm doing at all. I'm just curious what the next big meme will be to try and derail the hype train
>>
File: old chinese wise man.jpg (26 KB, 200x242) Image search: [Google]
old chinese wise man.jpg
26 KB, 200x242
>>26749216
You are the driver of your own hype train
>>
File: muh fan term.png (754 KB, 850x584) Image search: [Google]
muh fan term.png
754 KB, 850x584
>>26749111
>six point five
>>
File: 1464717571912.png (165 KB, 2000x1400) Image search: [Google]
1464717571912.png
165 KB, 2000x1400
>>26749278
>Ohmori directing the games
whelp,there it goes folks
>>
>>26749111
Well it can't be the smallest region because we know Johto is still smaller.
>>
>>26749191
for me
>>
>>26749278
I don't understand why anyone would be happy about this.
>>
>>26749294
Have you considered that Ohmori might actually be talented? He's been working on the games in various games since Ruby and Sapphire after all, and although his directorial debut sucked, you have to keep in mind that with ORAS he was clearly working with a limited budget, just under a year of development time, a source material that divided opinions in the first place, and probably a B team (if the A-team/B-team meme actually holds any water, that is).

I mean, he came up with some pretty cool stuff in the past like the DPPt Underground and the Pokewalker, among other things. One game isn't a pattern, ORAS sucked but that doesn't mean every game he directs will suck.
>>
>>26749446
was getting hurt a part of your plan
>>
>>26749111
The professor is hot af, so people will probably hate the games and him because of it.
>>
>>26749278

They both look like they'd be really fucking mean if you knew them on a personal level.
>>
>>26749494
well that's a good argument anon,but some things like constant healing,legend giveaways etc are kinda iffy still.
>>
>>26749111
Excuse me, but would you mind telling me who exactly you are quoting?
>>
>>26749631
Most of /vp/ over the last two months, have you not been here or something?
>>
>>26749111
>>Type effectiveness casualization

What is this?
>>
>>26749696
Giving you tips on move effectiveness for mons you've already encountered.
>>
>>26749714

But anyone that has ever played a Pokemon game would already know if a move is super effective or not, so why is this apparently a problem?
>>
>>26749111
>Legendafies being weak to types that everyone expected them to be
I swear, people need to shut the fuck up and deal with it like how their parents dealt with them for 9 fucking months
>>
>>26749743
It's not a problem, people are just being retards.
>>
>>26749743
>>26749764
Oops, quoted the wrong person, that was meant for >>26749735

But yeah, the argument really doesn't make sense
>>
File: 1464218960418.gif (186 KB, 500x491) Image search: [Google]
1464218960418.gif
186 KB, 500x491
>>26749153
>It's /vp/, do you seriously expect us to ENJOY a Pokemon game
You say this as a joke but it's actually really sad. /vp/ is the worst board to discuss Pokemon. /mu/ is the worst place to discuss music. /a/ is the worst place to discuss anime/manga. /r9k/ has a literal repost filter but has more rehashed threads/content than any board.

Maybe those back to plebbit guys aren't actually insulting people, they're trying to help people escape this cesspit of non-discussion before it's too late. Even I don't know why I still come back here, to be honest.
>>
>>26750225
No matter what they put out, no matter how genius the game is, someone on /vp/ will always think that they somehow know better than people who are literally hired for their creativity and artistic vision, and provide groundless arguments as to why it's trash.

>Muh handholding Rotomdex
Almost like it's a game for kids, and the Rotomdex is completely opt-in
>Muh type effectiveness being shown casualizes the game!
Because being able to memorize the type chart and every Pokemons type truly is the measure of skill, rather than actually being knowledgeable enough to select the right move for the situation
>Muh Yungoose is too much like Trump

Alright I'll give them this one :^)
>>
>>26749494
>DPPt Underground and the Pokewalker
these were both awesome
>>
>>26749494
I don't honestly give a shit about the director. If SM has skippable/speedup-able egg hatch cutscenes, then I'll consider it an upgrade.

The game itself can be garbage so long as the mechanics are an improvement over previous generations.
>>
File: 1457985701295.png (599 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1457985701295.png
599 KB, 640x480
>>26750608
You disgust me
>>
>>26750793
>implying you didn't love XYORAS' UI improvements
>>
>>26749111
>only one island
Literally disproved at E3. Also if you ever believed that in the first place you are literally retarded.
>>
>>26749111
I want to know more about this injury but I don't want to google it.
>>
>>26750841
>i cant read: the post
Who's retarded?
>>
>>26750225
leave then faggot. there isn't anywhere better to discuss pokemon on the internet.
>>
>>26750890
>there isn't anywhere better to discuss pokemon on the internet
not that anon, but literally everywhere on the internet is better to discuss Pokemon. You'd get more sensible discussion on reddit or normiebook. Fuck, you'd get better discussion on Serebii and that place is swarming with 12 year olds. /vp/ is only good for watching the shitposts pile up and watching people unironically bite the bait
>>
>Under 70 new mon
It's been confirmed that it'll be over 100.
>>
>>26749168
>Buying
AL9hax masterrace
>>
I understand the super effective thing being an issue. If you haven't caught the pokemon, the only reason not to know the type is if it hasn't appeared for you yet. And it is confirmed that you need to have battled the pokemon before to even see the type
>>
>>26751039
source?
>>
>>26750608

>press A to speed up hatching
>shows your trainer smack the egg with a tiny hammer
>press faster to smack wildly, flailing about like a GMod character
>>
>>26749130

>6.5 fingers

KEK
>>
>>26751073
Careful, you might attract gatewayshills.
>>
>>26750225
/r9k/ is a shell of a shell of its former self.
Don't even mention it.
>>
>>26751219
15/10 game would buy copies of it for all of my friends and family.

Real talk, though, I've been hard in on breeding since Gen IV and I'm thoroughly sick of having to wait for the egg to hatch. Gen VI's O-Powers made it even worse, since the hatch scene eats about 15-20 seconds out of your Hatching Power Lv 3's precious 3 minutes.
>>
>>26749111
What is this image all about? Fucking fingers crushed? How come the fingers are long, are they of ayy lmaos?
>>
>>26749111
>, considering how much people are literally looking for reasons to not like them?

If with people you mean you Braden, then no. You're too autistic to stop shitposting or realize it's ruining your life before you even reach 18, and too butthurt to accept people disagreing with you despite you never even owning a 3DS.

You'll die a hobo still shitposting, like that leddit travestite stories tell about.
>>
>>26752438
Yeah, he will just samefag daily threads every day with pastas about how much he hate another game he never played. He don't even do it for fun, he said he thinks he can "social engineer" people into agreing with him. Despite nobody never even replying to his shitpost except to politely disagree, not even good banter he's autistic to that point. I don't even feel sorry for OP since that day people posted his facebook and we could see the little bitch that he looked like
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.