[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"Secret" about Solgaleo and Lunala
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
Bear with me here, this might get a bit crazy.

But.

One thing they've continued to bring up again and again about Sun and Moon's box legendaries is that they're somehow "different" than what they've done with legendaries before. At first I thought, okay, it's probably just the usual E3 hypespeak to make everyone think there's something completely new or interesting about them when all we get is a new ability, signature move and a form change. But then I thought about this.
>Solgaleo isn't the sun, it's the emissary of the sun
>Lunaala isn't the moon, it's the emissary of the moon
And I figured, yeah, they couldn't be, we have our sun and moon legendaries already - Ho-oh and Lugia. But then, Ho-oh and Lugia already have "emissaries" - Ho-oh has the legendary dogs/cats and Lugia has the legendary birds, and that wouldn't
>Solgaleo is the green lion that devours the sun from alchemy
>Lunaala is a bat, which were considered "birds" in medieval/alchemy days

Could they be fourth members of both of those trios?
>>
>>26748955
Both, Lunala and Solgaleo, were refered as emissaries at E3 iirc.
Also Ho-Oh and Lugia don't represent the sun and the moon.
>>
Lugia is not tied to the birds outside of the anime.
>>
>>26749010
It is in Mystery Dungeon.
>>
File: Loogie.png (435 KB, 561x383) Image search: [Google]
Loogie.png
435 KB, 561x383
>>26749010
Pic related is from an official Pokemon Company trailer of HeartGold/SoulSilver. Considering the birds show up in those games, Ho-oh it's own trio, and Lugia is linked to the birds in both the anime and Mystery Dungeon, that's good enough for me to take it as fact.
>>
>>26749010
>Mystery Dungeon
>HGSS trailer
>Sea Spirit's den
Yeah, you're wrong.
>>
>>26748955
I was going to say that they're just emissaries on one of those "sun legendary not fire type" threads but I didn't think of them the same way of yours.

And I thought about this but maybe it's out of place Magearna's ability: Soul(Silver) Heart(Gold)
>>
>>26749010
>Accordingly, there weren't any new pokemon left for the movie staff to advertise and the game staff, for whatever reason, wasn't willing to make another movie exclusive pokemon like they did with Lugia and the second movie.
Lugia was made specifically for the second movie at the request of the anime director. It's the only known Pokemon to have been made primarily for the anime.
>>
>>26748955
What I want to know is why the fuck they're both Psychic.

Nothing about them has in any way indicated that they should be psychic. Solgaleo is the emissary of the Sun and is weak to Fire, which I find both moronic and hilarious. Lunala is 4x weak to itself, which is just sad.
>>
>>26750839
Psychic types = the Cosmos.
>>
>>26752158
>The Sun has been commonly associated with Fire and sometimes Grass.
>The Moon has been commonly associated with Normal and more recently Fairy typings.
I mean...I guess?
>>
>>26752247
Deoxys
Jirachi
Solrock
Lunatone
All psychic and are said to come from space
>>
>>26752373
That's fair, I suppose.
>>
File: 1447614202350.gif (193 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
1447614202350.gif
193 KB, 360x360
>>26748955
>Bear with me here, this might get a bit crazy
>>
>>26748955
I for one would love for the gen 1 and 2 legendaries to be relevant again.
>>
>>26748963
I've never understood why people associate that with them.
>>
>>26750359
I'm pretty sure every mythical pokemon after mew was made for the anime.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.