[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>The battle is over at the end of any turn when all of the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
File: aa.jpg (98 KB, 853x471) Image search: [Google]
aa.jpg
98 KB, 853x471
>The battle is over at the end of any turn when all of the Pokémon of one Trainer have fainted. The players are ranked, and a victor is declared based on the number of Pokémon each defeated and the number of Pokémon each has remaining in play.

Battle Royal confirmed to be a flop
>>
>everyone gangs up on the black kid
>>
>>26746660
Looks like bulky attackers and priority will be strongest
>>
How come noone in the gaming press brings stuff up like this to developers? How come noone asked Masuda about the Nidorina/Nidoqueen thing?
>>
Sounds like choice band gigalith is going straight to ubers
>>
That's not a bad thing and it also prevents having to wait forever if you get knocked out first
>>
>>26746668
Everyone gang up on the gays
>>
>>26746758

>Everyone gangs up on the all shinies team
>>
File: get a load of that shit.jpg (74 KB, 511x428) Image search: [Google]
get a load of that shit.jpg
74 KB, 511x428
>>26746694
This sums it up. It could take fucking forever to have to cycle through three full teams.

It'd definitely be nice if there was a "Fight to the Finish!" option, though.

>>26746765
This will most definitely happen and it'll be great; any legendaries used will also get the shit gangbanged out of them, I'm certain of it.
>>
File: lillifear.png (8 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
lillifear.png
8 KB, 500x500
>>26746922
Conversely, though, what if there are three all-shiny teams and one regular team, or three all-legendary teams and one regular team?

Motherfucking Christ, what if you run into a trio of all-shiny all-Legendary teams?
>>
>Intimidate
>Defiant

Welp at least focus sash and leftovers stall cancer probably won't be a thing.
>>
File: lawd.png (142 KB, 415x367) Image search: [Google]
lawd.png
142 KB, 415x367
>>26746943
>Sucker Punch

WHAT FOCUS SASH?

Also,
>Surf
>Earthquake
>All-Metronome battles
>Stealth Rock
>Sandstorm

This is going to be fucking chaos. I love it.
>>
>>26747068
I don't know why people are going on about spread moves, it probably functions like single battles
>>
Disconnects will happen 3x as much now
>>
>>26746660
Say it with me /vp/

REMOVE
GENIES
>>
File: jesus christ how flarifying.jpg (10 KB, 180x191) Image search: [Google]
jesus christ how flarifying.jpg
10 KB, 180x191
>>26747078
...frankly, that'd be pretty dumb. Smart balance-wise, but overall dumb.
>>
>hating on smogon because of stall
>wanting battle royal to become a stallfest
>>
File: Just_Chillin'.png (1 MB, 1277x717) Image search: [Google]
Just_Chillin'.png
1 MB, 1277x717
>>26746668
>>26746765
>>26746758
>>
>>26746673
Have fun being targeted
>>
>>26746660
No one is mentioning how, in theory, this really puts different pressures on the players than usual.

When it starts off, people will probably gang up to go after the most dangerous targets, though full fucking game theory is going to start happening when people work that out and some decide not to and try to take advantage and then people figure that out and so on. If one player is down to their last Pokemon, it's in the best interests of the highest rank to target it. But it's in everyone else's best interest not to do so until they get highest ranked, and, in fact, defend it however possible. This leads to situations where people all gang up on one player when they sense blood or to take out a potentially dangerous team, then immediately switch focuses to target the highest ranked guy. Also, if you damage a Pokemon but don't KO it, all you've done is help the person who KO'd it, so that'll make people wary of going after walls first.

The most Pokemon that can be KO'd in a single Battle Royal match is 7 (2 for each player then one more that defeats a player and ends the match). In most other matches, it's around 5 in Battle Spot Singles (3 v 3 Singles) to 7 for the VGC format (4 v 4 Doubles). It would be silly to expect it to require more mons that, considering TPC's preference for preventing matches from going to long.

I'm looking forward to how it actually ends up playing out in actual matches, but it seems like a nice way to inject some freshness into the system without making things too loopy or time consuming.
>>
Playing a full team of magikarp hoping they'll feel sorry for me and leave me alone.
>>
>>26747577
I forgot to mention something: ties. When two players are tied and there's a dude with one Pokemon left, both want to knock it out, but don't want to put the other tied player in a position to snatch the KO from them either.

A lot of the dynamics will defend on the way the meta and viable mons shake out, and how exactly a lot of the fiddly bits of the battle system work in this mode (such as "hitting all mons" moves). Still, hopefully it'll be interesting enough.
>>
>>26747577
It potentially has some of the most intense mindgames out of any format so I can't wait to see how it evolves

I can just imagine when someone is one shot away from losing
>guy in 1st place wants the kill to win but has to worry about him using Protect
>guy about to lose might read into that and take the opportunity to target others
>the other 2 players have to think about their predictions
>>
>>26747577

> defend it however possible.

New move that 'Protect's target pokemon inc.
>>
>>26746694

Yeah but on the other hand it also leads to very short and probably uninteresting games
>>
>>26749158
not really, part of the strategy is going to be ensuring that the game doesn't end at a time when it'd result in you losing
>>
>>26746660
To prevent you from gangin up on someone
>>
>>26747577
Oh anon, your post made my brain horny.

Wouldn't the max number of k.o. Pokémon be 9?
In the ideal scenario that each pokemon pokemon kills each other, of course.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.