[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>since Gen 6, names can have a maximum of twelve letters/characters
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: feraligatr_by_tatatorterra.jpg (113 KB, 800x674) Image search: [Google]
feraligatr_by_tatatorterra.jpg
113 KB, 800x674
>since Gen 6, names can have a maximum of twelve letters/characters instead of ten
>Feraligatr isn't renamed to Feraligator
For what reason?
>>
because changing it would cause a bunch of unnecessary issues
>>
Consistency.
>>
>>26740434
Same reason why the Nidoran lines are still two separate lines despite Pokemon now having genders.
>>
I think it gives the crock a little bit of personality
and by Arceus! It's forgettable without it, too
>>
>>26740434
Same reason Jurassic park still uses scaly raptors rather than ones with, at least, some feathering. Continuity.
>>
>>26742254
They used feathered ones in JPIII, presenting the idea that the males had feathers while the females didn't.
>>
>>26740434
/vp/ would shit their pants with sides trying to defend/attack the change when in the grand scheme of things it doesnt even matter.
>>
>>26740434
It's been the same spelling for 17 years, there's no reason to change it at this point when its so established.
>>
>New character limit
>Not renaming Cofagrigus to Cophagrigus to avoid their own ridiculous inbuilt ban.

Remember, GF does not put effort in the games.. They are just a fun tax collection machine.
>>
>>26740492
That would be a problem because they have different dex numbers, how would they fix that? Same reason they can't move cross-gen evolutions to be next to each other in the National dex.
>>
>>26740815
>"by Arceus!"
>Sheerforce g8r forgettable

Can't tell which is more bait.
>>
Because its name is Feraligatr, not Feraligator.
>>
>>26744668
It's actually not any hard, and programming-wise it was solved in Gen2. Pokédex numbers only matter for the actual Pokédex, but one Pokédex number can map to one or more Pokémon indexes, which is how eg.: Deoxys / Furfrou formes work.

Things like moving the cross-gen evolutions together are as simple as remapping the Pokédex order table (not the index table) and then creating a transformation table for trades so that a Pokémon received from a game with the old numbering can be remapped to the new ordering. This only adds constant storage to the cartridge and the extra amount of processing needed is only linear in the number of Pokémon traded, since barring patches for new Pokémon per-cart, the remapping table is constant.

For the Nidos it's similar, since things like moveset tables are tied to the Pokémon index, not to the Pokédex order.

But, like I've said before, this is GF we're talking about.
>>
>>26742440
You stated the only reason I want the spelling changed. I want to see that hilarious shitstorm.
>>
Changing Pokemon names for any reason is unacceptable.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.