[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was just reading this and realized they said "this Pokemon's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 1465923651353.png (350 KB, 739x249) Image search: [Google]
1465923651353.png
350 KB, 739x249
I was just reading this and realized they said "this Pokemon's moves can deal twice the normal damage to any Pokemon that switch in or ENTER THE FIELD MID-BATTLE"

This might sound far-fetched, but it sounds like some Pokemon will join a battle during an on-going battle. Not necessarily switching in, but just showing up randomly.

I believe U-Turn counts as switching in, so that's what I deduce "entering the field mid-battle means".

Thoughts?
>>
>>26734880
Dude, it's just a Pursuit-style ability.
>>
But what does "enter the field mid-battle" mean? It can't mean the same thing as switching in as I doubt they were being purposely redundant
>>
>harmful to stall
Off to ubers it goes
>>
>>26736594
Volt switch or U-turn or even just sending in a new mon after your last one got KO'd
>>
>>26734880
It's the inverse of Pursuit. Pursuit deals double damage and hits outgoing Pokemon, regardless of hard switching/U-Turn/Volt Switch.

Stake Out hits incoming Pokemon for double damage, and applies to all moves. It'll always apply for a hard switch, and you'd want to be slower than the U-Turn/Volt Switch user so you can hit the incoming mon after it comes in so you can apply the doubling effect.
>>
I'm pretty sure it's just referring to things like Eject Button, Red Card, u-turn etc. which aren't technically switches
>>
neat, if he has good coverage then he can deal massive damage with a good read. too bad hes a normal type so hes going to have shit coverage.
>>
>>26738445
It has Strong Jaw so the elemental fangs are all but guaranteed.
>>
>>26736637
>every previous early game rodent has less than 450 BST
It will be very lucky to hold out in RU. 2/10 for making me reply.
>>
>>26734880
How infuriating would it be if you were just about to catch a rare 1% encounter rate kiwi pokemon when suddenly, a Yungoose comes out of nowhere, mauls the fuck out of the pokemon you just spent 30 minutes trying to find, and just leaves?
>>
>>26735390
Holy shit. It's literally the opposite of Pursuit. It's a buffed Analytic.
>>
>>26734880
It's like Gen IV Payback but for every move. Confirmed best rodent.
>>
>>26738575
>implying Stake Out will be exclusive to this early game shitmon
>>
>>26734880
Maybe rotation battles?
>>
>>26734880
>>26735390
All it means is that Yungoos does double damage to other pokemon on that other pokemon's first turn on the field.
As in, the first turn of battle, and the first turn whenever an enemy switches in a new pokemon.

It is not Pursuit-style, it does not deal damage before switch-out.
If anything, it's Fake-Out-style in that it only affects the first turn of an enemy.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.