[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will Mega Evolution be retconned into Synchro Evolutions or will
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
Will Mega Evolution be retconned into Synchro Evolutions or will both mechanics coexist?

If the latter, will they simply stop making new megas or will both megas and synchros be added in every new game from now on?
>>
>>26728376
For me, I'd say that the new designs are anywhere between 50% and 75% of the reason I love Megas so much.

If Synchros don't really change the looks in cool and interesting ways, that's going to be quite a letdown. I would say that that is a blunder on GameFreak's part.

I know they don't want to have literally hundreds of Mega Stone items in your bag, but that doesn't mean they should take the easy route when designing Synchro or future Megas.

If Synchros become a thing, I hope that they do not preempt future Megas from being designed. If they are a way to allow everything without a mega a way to go "mega" then... I could live with that, maybe, providing they get retconned later on in years to come with better designs.
>>
You know, I fucking hate Sceptile, but I think Mega Sceptile is one of my favourite Pokemon designs.
>>
>>26728432
We just need a "Megapocket" in backpack, like TM Case in FRLG.
>>
>>26728376
What are synchro evolutions? What's known so far?
>>
>>26728376
What's with this picture? Dude on the left is fine, Ash is fine, but the chick on the right is like "shit, did I leave the coffee maker on this morning?"
>>
>>26728376
I doubt Synchros will ever be a thing, in the anime's case it was literally just the studio wanting Ash to get a Mega of his own but since he only had Kalos Pokemon they needed to make up something.
>>
>>26730465
That's also a dude
>>
What if synchro is exclusive to Kalos mons and some legendaries?
>>
>>26728376
Both mechanics will exist.
Synchro will only act as custom pokemon for starters and such the rest get megas.
>>
>>26730476
You'd have a point if it weren't being advertised in other facets of the franchise. It's clear they're advertising a new mechanic just like Zygarde.
>>
>>26728376
>Shota
>brown
What?
>>
I don't see why both can't exist.
Primals and Megas are essentially the same thing.
Synchro needs to have some kind of difference. Even if it's just certain starters or pokemon in a region there will be something that separates it from Mega.
>>
Mega evolution adds a total of 100 BST allotted in a specific way.
Synchro evolution adds a total of 50-75 BST that you can allot however you choose.
y/n?
>>
>>26731077
This breaks the game. Also n
>>
>>26728376

Synchro is just an anime plot to make Ash feel special among Mega evolutions

When will you fucks ever learn

And don't use the Zygaurd segment, your becoming worse than Wottergate fags who validate every single """""leak""""
>>
>>26731120
You're wrong fag
>>
>>26729873
Sceptile is awesome!
>>
>>26730943
Dude, it's going to be a form based on your current clothes. In other words customizable pokemon.
>>
>>26731120
>and don't use Zygarde because it mirrors this situation and makes me look wrong!
That's all I got from that.
>>
>>26729873
i already kind of liked Sceptile but yeah his Mega sky rocketed its appeal. I like the "bitten leaf" look and rocket tail is badass as fuck.
>>
>>26731227

Your going to use the Zyguard argument only because it happened

That doesn't guarantee this will

There's a ton of anime exclusive plots that didn't come to the games

And even then, the best you'll get is said Greninja, not Synchro as a concept
>>
>>26731536
>There's a ton of anime exclusive plots that didn't come to the games
You do realise synchro has been in different parts of the franchise for a while right?
You'd have a point if it were one time things like pinkan pokemon but it's not, they've been advertising ash greninja for ages now in literally everything and along with Zygarde is part of the plot of XYZ.
>>
>>26731748

Because it's the gimmick they have to keep people interested
>>
>>26733242
So you're agreeing that it's only a matter of time before its in the game then
>>
>>26730476
Explain the things on the new main characters wrists.
>>
>>26735921
Why would it be linked to synchro ? Does ash even use something similar in the anime ? It's probably somethnig linked to the lengandaries juste like primal orb where is oras.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.