[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do Karenfag not actually play the formats before shitting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: IMG_20160613_120428.jpg (24 KB, 540x199) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160613_120428.jpg
24 KB, 540x199
Why do Karenfag not actually play the formats before shitting on them? I feel like 95% of anti-smogon posts are just from people who only listen to Verlisify's opinions and not from actual expierience.
>>
>Verlisify
Literally Who?
>>
Smogoncucks must be getting defensive if they keep projecting that everyone against them is verlisifurry
>>
>>26721730
I have no idea who verlisify is, but i have played through Smogon rules before, quite a few times, i stopped when i realised everyone was using the exact same team and that they were banning stupid shit because 12 year olds aren't smart enough to think of a counter
>>
>>26721730
Smogon can be shitty but that fucking shadowtag thread was fucking awful
>>
>>26721751
>>26721802
How do you fucks not know who Verisify is, he's on this board 3 times a day it feels almost every day non leak season. There were 3 threads about him yesterday
>>
>>26721730
Well good thing you are dumb and wrong.
>>
>>26721825
I barely know about the VGC players by name and the only channel I ever saw was Cybertron's.

I only know who that Verliswhateverthefuckguy is because he keeps getting posted here. If he's that shit, why keep posting about him? Is he relevant at all?
>>
I'm a "pokemon I like" player and usually play single battles on oras battle spot. I win more than I lose there, even ranked matches, but I'm not playing ou smogon shit because of banmed sets/items.
I actually think most of the smogon bans are just too unjustified and not reasoned. People should just think of what they have and what they are facing and modifying their sets based on that almost every game.
That counter move for the flavour of the month pokemon, that pokemon you may not like the most but it's a good filler for your team. Elasticity is what makes a good pokemon trainer in game and in the metagame.
>tldr git gud
>>
>>26721802
You're not being that much of an ass, so I'll explain.

No one uses Smogdex sets past 1300 on most ladders. Of course the low ladder is going to have shitty players who can't teambuild well, that's a given. The same shit happens in VGC and Battlespot.

The second thing is what most people misunderstand about Smogon, the "Smogon bans things because they can't beat it" mentality. Things are suspected because they cause overcentralization. Every decent player knows how to bear Greninja or Aegislash, but the point is that you need to use up moveslots/a teamslots just to check one Mon. It's hard to understand if you don't play comp as often or with good players.

Also, Smogon is not an entity. Bans are decided by the community, and the only time that bans aren't voted on is in the case of quick bans, which are almost never used and only happen when something is beyond a doubt way too overcentralizing and overpowered.
>>
>>26721730
The real answer is that shitters like to put their 2 cents into any conversation without the knowledge to back it up because of the anonymous nature of this board where whatever they say has no consequences.

>>26721802
It's far more diverse than VGC.

>>26721804
Yeah that was a pathetic display of being out of the loop yet complaining for complaint's sake.

>>26721837
This too though. Fags on here need to stop giving Verlisify relevance. He's a shit Youtuber who doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about.

>>26721865
Battle Spot singles are much different than 6v6. You can do well with Mega Steelix for example on Battle Spot because of how tight the teams have to be. Smogon bans are all justified, although I will say the Baton Pass bans became more complex than should've been allowed.
>>
>>26721802
Have you even seen VGC competitors? It's full of the same shit because they can't risk the lose and know what pokemon win. Have pic related and a (you)
>>
>>26721901
I'm just getting pissed because I can tell these anti Smogon people (which I'll admit it's not perfect) are such newfags that they've never heard of this guy who had 3 threads at once about him just yesterday
>>
Smogon bans can be really retarded at times.

When Drizzle + Swift Swim was banned in gen V, Tyranitar + Excadrill now had essentially no hard checks.

What they should have done to stop weather war faggotry was ban the speed doubling weather abilities instead, because EVERYONE knew what would happen when DrizzleSwim got banned.
>>
>>26721970
Excadrill was banned too you know
>>
>>26721932
/vp/ is newfag central during leak session.
>>
File: 1444699035769.jpg (35 KB, 250x391) Image search: [Google]
1444699035769.jpg
35 KB, 250x391
>>26721730
>Smogon bans something
>shit-flinging and dick-riding ensues
>Smogon unbans something
>Smogon thinks of banning something
>Smogon eats a ham and mayo sandwich

Why doesn't anyone realize that Smogon is the epicenter of it all?
>>
>>26722037
it's the only competitive simulator people give a shit about.
>>
>>26721730
>being so triggered by a post that you made a completely seperate thread about it
sasuga stallfag
>>
>>26722477
Because that comment was so dumb everyone BTFO of it, and it represents anti-smogon mentality.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.