[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was I the only one more invested in Dawn's contests that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
Was I the only one more invested in Dawn's contests that May's?
>>
File: 1417386422775.jpg (119 KB, 640x1440) Image search: [Google]
1417386422775.jpg
119 KB, 640x1440
I only watched DP to see if there was a shot up her impossibly short skirt.

And there was just one.
>>
>>26713201
May's contests were complete asspulls most of the time because they had no idea how to write them yet.
>>
Nah, because DP had better contests in general. During Hoenn they were mostly battles with sparkles. In Sinnoh they'd figured out how to make contests feel more like their own thing. And more screentime was devoted to Dawn actually training her Pokemon and planning the appeals/strategies.
>>
>>26713240
May only had a few cheap battles like Skitty Vs. Dusclops and Squirtle learning icebeam out of nowhere to beat Harley's Ariados.

The rest of May's wins were just direct battling and she wins her matches the same way Ash wins most of his battles, overpowering your opponent.
>>
than, fucking THAN
>>
>>26713223
>And there was just one.
It's a black fucking hole
>>
>>26713789
spats
>>
>>26713240
>>26713368
Yea, the battles with Sparkles thing is a good way of describing them. The cool shit in Sinnoh left more of an impression

>>26713462
I blame my phone keyboard
>>
My favorite contest was the one that didn't involve using Ice attacks.
>>
>>26713799
whatever pedo
>>
For a while Dawn was perhaps slightly more interesting due to the matter she was less perfect, but it all went in the hole after that, especially with her uninteresting rivals.
>>
>>26714036
Now with CGI Sparkles™
>>
>>26713201
I was more invested in Dawn's contests than most of Ash's battles.

Man, DP was a great part of the anime.
>>
>>26714216
Yea, it felt really fun to watch. I was really impressed with J as well. I also kinda enjoyed the Galactic arc for some reason
>>
>>26714455
The first time the villains were of any credible threat.
>>
>>26713201
Nah, with May's they knew how to build up from a novice to a pro. Dawn stayed consistently at the same place.
>>
File: Hikari DP162.png (2 MB, 1366x1316) Image search: [Google]
Hikari DP162.png
2 MB, 1366x1316
>>26713201
You're not alone, anon. I too prefer DP Contests over the AG ones.

AG Contests have some nice things, and by the time May was traveling though Kanto the appeals were way better than those we saw in Hoenn, despite the overuse of Squirtle and its Ice Beam attack.

In DP the Contest Battles really feel like they are something completely distinct, totally different and set apart from Gym Battles. You can see the artistry behind the combinations, even f they're a little unrealistic sometimes.

>>26714216
You and me both. Dawn's Contests were excellent, she grew so much. I really miss Contests, wish the writers would bring them back for Alola.
>>
>>26714757
Yea, DP made me interested in them. Like I'll never forget Ursula's Grand Festival Vaporeon and Flareon display.

The shows that Serena does are pretty cool, but I kinda miss contests too
>>
>>26714757
Are they better than the XY pseudo contests?
>>
>>26715671
I think they are. The Kalos stuff can be fun to watch, and interesting since they all.have different themes for their part 1s (pokepuff contest, rhyhorn attracting contest, race/quiz hybrid, etc), and the part 2s have a combination of dancing and the performances like the part 1s of the past contests, but I kinda miss that flash in battle form.
>>
>>26714216
DP was the only good part of the anime, aside from select episodes, specials and films. Unless XY is good, I haven't seen that.
>>
>>26714757
>cropped DP screencap
>that resolution

Source? I've been looking everywhere for HD encodes of DP.
>>
>>26715671
XY pseudo contests are way worse solely because they lack a real battle portion.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.