[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does Gamefreak hate asshole rivals now? Why must rivals
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: Silver.png (265 KB, 556x1036) Image search: [Google]
Silver.png
265 KB, 556x1036
Why does Gamefreak hate asshole rivals now?

Why must rivals be nice? What happened to assholes who broke windows to steal Pokemon and abuse them?
>>
Professors stopped being pussy bitches.
>>
>>26713186
Kids nowadays can't handle being bullied and need their hands held.
>>
>>26713186
Weird how there are complains of Pokemon getting more "anime like", yet typical rivals in anime always start off as borderline sociopaths while Rivals in Pokemon get nicer during each Gen
>>
>>26713186

Because of Junichi Masuda.
>>
>>26713186
Satoshi Taijri worked on the first two generations.

Junichi Masuda worked on 3 generation and beyond.
>>
>>26713194
>Professors stopped being pussy bitches.

Professor Elm was a wimp.
>>
>>26713186
Silver is literally the only asshole rival though.
>>
>>26713186
Silver was the only asshole rival we've ever had,.
>>
File: asshole rival.png (33 KB, 1244x608) Image search: [Google]
asshole rival.png
33 KB, 1244x608
>>
>>26713633
barry
>>
>>26713643
>>26713633

Blue was an asshole.
>>
>>26713657
Blue was a banter friend. He says a thing but means the opposite. Like with the map.
>>
>>26713657
Giving you advice and being a cocky kid isn't "being an asshole". Outside of not giving you the map, fighting you in Silph and YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS? I'M THE MOST POWERFUL TRAINER IN THE WORLD!! he always helps you or gives you advice.

>>26713647
Having ADHD isn't being an asshole.
>>
>>26713186
Bullies are villainized in the media now more than ever. We'll never get someone like it again.
>>
>>26713186
Ikr? I hope Lillie has more of a jerkish personality in SuMo
>>
>being THIS is edgy
>>
>>26713688
>having ADHD isn't being an asshole
keep telling yourself that asshole
>>
Are people that like assholes for rivals and people that like edgy pokemon one and the same??????????
>>
>>26714024
>edgy pokemon

No such thing
>>
File: Platinum_Barry.png (1 MB, 1500x2700) Image search: [Google]
Platinum_Barry.png
1 MB, 1500x2700
>>26713186
Probably because they're unlikable characters, and it seems like everyone can't list any positive traits about them aside from "douchebag" or "asshole", like you've done just now.

On that note, why do people hate Barry? He was a good rival in my opinion. He was your friend, but he also wanted to give you a challenge, and had the same goals you did in competing in the Pokémon League. Those are definitive traits of a rival, you don't need to have someone be an asshole to you to have the motivation to beat them, that the most shittiest excuse to have them be assholes just cause.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.