[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was it meme magic? What were the odds for an owl grass starter
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: HQLmnBE.jpg (49 KB, 482x434) Image search: [Google]
HQLmnBE.jpg
49 KB, 482x434
Was it meme magic?
What were the odds for an owl grass starter with the exact same color scheme as the fake and a koala to be real?
>>
>What are the odds that gamefreak made pokemon out of animals they haven't used and have only used once!!!!

>it must be a conspiracy because muh fakes!!
>>
These Pokemon have most likely been designed for years now
>>
File: lilliganthospital.png (495 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
lilliganthospital.png
495 KB, 1280x720
>>26712653
No.

Not every little thing is meme magic. Just shut the fuck up about it, shit like Sun and Moon's announcement was funny but any time Game Freak announces anything you idiots have to shout "meme magic!" when sometimes it's just a fucking coincidence. We have never had a koala Pokémon before, we were going to get one eventually.
>>
>>26712653
It's just a koala hugging a log.
>>
>>26712653
Not really
>>
>>26712653
Everyone commenting on the koala but I do find it really strange that we actually got an owl, and with the same colors.
>>
Roothoot was made from the name copyrights, so there's no meme magic there.

We already knew we had a grass owl.

Koala is pure coincidence, you could maybe argue meme magic if you want but not for root hoot.
>>
>>26712686
Bet you think Zygrade complete in sun and moon wasn't "meme magic" either. Next when Ash-greninja is confirmed you will say "B..But it can't be meme magic"
Save a screen shot of this. I want to laugh when this guy gets BTFO
>>
>le meme magic maymay
>>
>>26712852
People have been wanting a koala for years and making koala leaks. They got lucky.
>>
>>26712653
Hopefully the Koala pokemon is a good physical attacker to troll Scaldfags.
>>
>>26712663
There's already an owl pokemon
And even if it hadnt been the case, it wouldnt have made the possibility of a fake with the exact same animal and color scheme as the real grass starter very likely
>>
>>26713035
>have only used once

nice reading comprehension friendo
>>
>>26712852
Roothoot was poste a month before the name trademarks. All the trademarks did was start the owl shitposting.
>>
>>26712852
>Roothoot was made from the name copyrights
No, it wasn't, though.

>>26712653
Also don't forget the fake starter trios would always appear as an owl, cat and seal/sea lion. Some of them were made after the copyright names however but it's crazy just how many fake grass birds there were before Rowlett was released.
>>
>>26712653

Meme magic don't exist.
>>
>>26712653
what the fuck is that fake koala from
>>
>>26712864
We all know Ashninja will be in the games, they've been hyping it up for months.
>>
File: 1464409221015.jpg (43 KB, 600x606) Image search: [Google]
1464409221015.jpg
43 KB, 600x606
>>26713289
DELETE THIS
>>
We knew it was an owl. A grass owl.

likely colors for grass: green and brown.

The odds are pretty high.
>>
>>26713313
H-HE'S FAST
>>
I read that Mike Krahulik of Penny Arcade had been asked by the Pokemon company to help design some Pokemon:
https://www.penny-arcade.com/news/post/2016/05/12/some-pokemon-art

So I assumed that this was the same case, some artist had been asked to contribute and came up with Roothoot, which the Pokemon company liked and redesigned it a bit to suit their style.
>>
>>26712653
>grass type
>its colour scheme is green and brown
Wow, you must be a genius
>>
File: Imagination.jpg (66 KB, 500x366) Image search: [Google]
Imagination.jpg
66 KB, 500x366
>>26713313
>>
where did that green koala come from anyways?

also, i think it's nice to note that people claim "Gen 7 is full of meme magic" but the idea of meme magic wasn't a thing yet back when Gen6 was announced
what i'm saying is, if you make enough random BS predictions, some of them are bound to turn out to be true
>>
>>26712852
>>26713371

Another newfag. Roothoot leaked March 6th, dumbass. Long before the trademarks.
>>
>>26712653
The koala is clearly a different pokemon, even a different type. Roothoot was disproved ages ago.
>>
>>26714413

The trademarks were registered in February.
>>
>already knew it would be an owl before retarded roothoot
>tropical region has a koala

no surprises
>>
>>26714413
wrong faggot
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.