[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Zygarde Forms Generation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 6
File: ZygardeForms.png (248 KB, 417x297) Image search: [Google]
ZygardeForms.png
248 KB, 417x297
So, Gen VI or Gen VII?
>>
>>26712422
https://youtu.be/nDTKAX-UcQs
>>
>>26712422
Oh look, its the same thread we had multiple of times yesterday
>>
Ssssh you'll trigger the anti-Kalos fags
>>
File: 085830.gif (2 MB, 499x374) Image search: [Google]
085830.gif
2 MB, 499x374
>>26712422
>>
>>
>>26712461
>>26712470
here it cumz
>>
Gen 6.
>>
6.022*10^23
>>
>>26712422
It's being introduced in Sun and Moon, so it's simply a Gen VII thing that focuses on a Gen VI Pokemon.
>>
>>26712529
I like this answer
>>
>>26712422
RG & B is Gen A1
GS & C is Gen A2
RS & E is Gen B
DP & Pt is Gen C
BW & B2W2 is Gen D
XY is Gen E1
SM is Gen E2

GEN VII = GEN VI 2
>>
>>26712422
>same models
>same engine
Is gen 6. Zygarde was the last nail on the coffin.
>>
>>26712560
You are now no longer allowed to call G/S/C gen 2, and S/M is 4.5 by proxy. Good day.
>>
>>26712560
With as ridiculously high-poly as the Gen 6 models are, everyone was of a mind that GameFreak would reuse the models for the next generation.

I also fail to see how any of Zygarde's new formes have the same model as anything we've seen in the past.
>>
New starters, new region, new Pokemon.

It's a new gen. Gamefreak just shoehorned in the Zygarde formes to shut you 6.5ers up.
>>
>>26712422
The Gen 7 Pokémon say this is Gen 7
>>
>>26712592
Seriously, Gamefreak ALWAYS take a chance to reused sprites and models when they don't need to change them, look at gen 3's back sprites or gen 5's front sprites. You honestly can't expect them to tweak 720+ models just to please a board of autists. I thought you people wanted more new Pokemon?
>>
I guess XY was 1.5 because of all the Gen 1 Pokemon that received new formes.
>>
>>26712560
Actually retarded
>>
>>26712560
New starters = new gen
>>
>>26712422
New starters mean new gen.
>>
>>26712422
why is zydoge so angry ingame, bros?
>>
Inciting gen wars is a bannable offense, OP.

gen 7. any talk of a half generation or it still being six is shitposting
>>
File: Zygarde_Pokédex_entry_(1).jpg (52 KB, 600x380) Image search: [Google]
Zygarde_Pokédex_entry_(1).jpg
52 KB, 600x380
>>26712422
Generation VI Pokemon.
>>
>>26712529
Like the new Unown forms added in Gen III, nothing new for the franchise.
>>
>>26712560
the autism is strong within this one
>>
ZYGUARDDOG
>>
>>26712560
>>26712700
>>26712727
>>26713470
>>26713475
>OP here
I was specifically asking if the Zygarde formes were considered Gen VI or VII, not if S/M was VI or VII
>>
>>26713520
This is the best answer for what gen the Zygarde forms are I have seen. Thanks anon
>>
>>26713927
Gen 6.
>>
>>26713927
just 6 generation.
>>
>mfw people legitimately though that they would advertise the forms, not only in the anime, but the tcg and spinoffs, and not include them in the mainline games

I refuse to believe that there are people this stupid.

I wonder how they'll go about explaining the cores/cells

>>26713470
This + new professor.
>>
>>26713948
>>26713953
/thread
>>
>>26713927
I will take the stance of the person who mentioned Unown ! and ?: no one cares.
>>
While the term "generation I, II, etc" is a fan made term to explain different mons, Alola will probably be the Johto to Kalos, or at the very least, allow us to see more into Zygarde + Kalos linkage.

Hopefully AZ makes a return, they really misused him and his old flabebe's evo.
>>
>>26713956
Core will be what you see out of battle. I don't know about the Cells. Maybe just part of the animations.
>>
>>26712560
>last nail on the coffin
>>
>>26714018
It's one of the last nails, we're just gonna hear from Game Freak for more of them
>>
>>26713948
>>26713953
Why? They aren't accessible in any Gen 6 game.
>>
>People who believe Zygarde forms means it's still Gen 6 or 6.5

Same people who think Mega forms are Gen (insert the pokemon's gen) forms.
>>
>>26714055
>26714055
That's what you'd like to think c:
>>
>>26712422
If having Zygarde forms means S/M are gen 6, then I guess X/Y are gen 1 because Charizard got a mega form in it...
>>
>>26714080
>>26714122
>actually thinking this is the case
Just because you're being ironic doesn't mean you're not a moron.
>>
>>26714134
Oh really, how are the Zygarde forms still Gen 6 despite a new set of starters, cover legendaries, and numerous other unknown Pokemon being released in its same debut game? Is Magearna a Gen 6 Pokemon now, because we knew about that before the SM reveal? What about Lucario, is that actually Gen 3? I guess Marill is a Gen 1 Pokemon too while we're at it.
>>
>>26712560
You're an actual retard or really slow.
EVERYONE and their mom's aborted babies knew that the next game was gonna use the same models.
>>
>>26714194
I disregard the notion that new mons must equal a new generation. It's an unbroken pattern for sure, but that's about it. They can break it at any time, especially because OR/AS exists. I'm not going in further, because of how upset people get when I pull up literally the games themselves.
>>
>>26714255
>I'm not going further into detail because I can't defend my retarded opinion
In theory it's correct if they just did 20-30 Pokemon as an expansion pack instead of a full generation. Something that could go in a remake or a third version/sequel. But couple that with new starters and legendaries, a new region, a new overworld (all models instead of chibi) and you have a completely new generation. There were less differences between Gen 1 and 2 and Gen 4 and 5 than for 6 and 7, and that's just from what we've already seen.
>>
File: sleeby.png (10 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
sleeby.png
10 KB, 640x480
>>26714283
>>I'm not going further into detail because I can't defend my retarded opinion
No, it's just that I've explained things so many times. I've seen every reaction. You can get this response instead and that's about it, I'm gonna go sleep.
>new things in S/M
oh yeah there were as well in OR/AS, which can even qualify for 7th gen but aren't as they can battle with 6th gen, therefore it's 6th gen. easy deduction
>previous gens had only small amounts of difference
Doesn't really matter how small it is on the outside. If we see move accuracy changes, I don't care. If we see moves/abilities being completely changed, like 5th gen Wish/Sturdy, sleep counter, 6th gen Spore or Eviolite changes, then we can freak out and say gen 7 without a doubt in our minds.

summed up we basically don't know what generation it is yet, but people assume it's 7th because of a pattern that could be easily dismissed by GF themselves.
goodnight my fellow meme
>>
Label Unown. Go.
>>
>>26712422
I can't believe people still actually think "gens" are a thing
>>
File: 1464661441506.jpg (45 KB, 399x614) Image search: [Google]
1464661441506.jpg
45 KB, 399x614
>>26714381
>oh yeah there were as well in OR/AS, which can even qualify for 7th gen but aren't as they can battle with 6th gen, therefore it's 6th gen. easy deduction
You know if you actually decided to stop being retarded for once you would realize why people are laughing at you. Let's look at what each generation has had. New dex entries. New starters. New legendaries. New region. New moves, and following Gen 3 new abilities. New characters, protagonists. New everything.

So far we already know that most of those are in SM. If you want to throw that out and say that we don't know what generation this is yet, then we basically have no definition of generation at all, seeing as this is about as unique as we can get. Keep in mind that we know that you have to use Pokemon Bank to transfer from XYORAS or Go to SM, but you cannot do it in reverse. Same thing with RBY virtual but that's to be expected, but you cannot transfer Pokemon from that to XYORAS, only SM. How can you still deny that this is still Gen 7?

Let's compare what ORAS had. A remake with a few new characters and a lot of new megas. Unprecedented, yes. But it wasn't anything like what would be introduced in an introductory generation game.

>If we see moves/abilities being completely changed, like 5th gen Wish/Sturdy, sleep counter, 6th gen Spore or Eviolite changes, then we can freak out and say gen 7 without a doubt in our minds.
Really is that your fucking definition of a new generation? Changes to moves? That's a good characteristic of a generation but it isn't really verifiable until the game is out nor is it what really counts in the game. You'll probably deny that it's a new generation the entire time that you play the game, even as you discover over 100 new pokemon and every other sign that this is something completely new until you notice that one move has 5 more PP and say "Guess anon was right lol!"

Dumb gondolaposter
>>
GF promised to surprise us and shake up the way they've been doing things a bit, and the introduction of the remainder of gen 6's Zygarde formes in S/M is just another way of doing so. Although, I guess one could say that 50% forme qualifies as a "6th gen Pokemon" while the remainder of them are gen 7 in a sense, but that's being unnecessarily technical, imo, as while they may not have appeared in the gen 6 games proper, they did make appearances in the gen 6 anime/movies. They were probably initially excluded from XYORAS in the wake rampant data-mining or something? Who knows...
>>
>>26712860
Not always, no. HGSS had a ton of new front sprites. For whatever reason, even many of the sprites reused from Pt to BW had their colors tweaked.
>>
>>26712555
RGJP = Gen I
BJPRBY = Gen II
GSC = Gen III
RSEFRLG = Gen IV
DPPtHGSS = Gen V
BWB2W2 = Gen VI
XY = Gen VII
ORAS = Gen VII.2
SM = Gen ????
>>
>>26714055
Unown !?
>>
>>26712496
i get it
>>
It's a gen 6 Pokémon that got new forms in Gen 7. This is nothing new.

Just like Groudon and Kyogre from gen 3 got new forms in Gen 6.

Just like Pichu got a new form in Gen 4.

Just like Unown got two new forms in Gen 3.
>>
in other words, gen 6
>>
>>26719158
Yes, Sun and Moon are gen 6, believe my fucking words.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.