[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There was a bit of negativity on the S/M wild battle music y
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3
File: 57202378_p0.png (415 KB, 600x660) Image search: [Google]
57202378_p0.png
415 KB, 600x660
There was a bit of negativity on the S/M wild battle music yesterday, what's your opinion now?

http://www.strawpoll.me/10466050

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeZ_8s_kWXg
>>
>>26710675
Great
>>
I genuinely don't care that much.
I didn't at first either. It sounds OK, I don't expect anything more from a wild battle theme.
No idea why people were freaking out about it.
>>
>>26710675
It's kind of a clusterfuck, but it's clearly mostly intro. It stops right before it gets to the main part. I'll reserve my judgement for later.
>>
>>26710675
GF apologists
>>
It's going to be polarizing either way. Music is far too subjective to form an objective consensus.

Personally, it's not my favorite. XY's music may not have all been great but I liked the realistic sounding instruments. This sounds like a midi straight from an older generation instead of another step forward.
>>
Sounds great, reminds me of best gen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50cPOgYCLXw
>>
>>26710675
Got on my nerves after the 2 videos
Imagine when you will have to listen to it in every fucking wild battle

meanwhile on a good 3ds game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KA6IVBtUx1w
>>
>>26710675
Oh shit. I liked it yesterday but hearing this clear version makes me dislike it now. Oh well.
>>
>>26710758
>FE: Fates
>Good Game
More like butchered game. Although I have to give it to you, the music is not bad, but I don't feel like it is as good as past FE titles.
>>
>>26710758
A 3DS game with good music, you mean.

It's a waifu sim with most of the waifuing cut out.
>>
>>26710758
Fates OST is ridiculously good but Pokemon goes for a completely different vibe, not really a fair comparison
>>
It is even worse than the B/W wild encounter theme, which already was a disaster.
>>
>>26710758
Sounds really lame! Pls kill yourself because i don't like it! :^)
>>
>>26710758
>meanwhile on a good 3ds game:
Nice one.
>>
>>26710734
This. It really gives me a BW feel. Hope that SM's music follows gen 5 steps, or at least has some masterpieces like Anistar's theme on XY.
>>
don't like it, and the models make me puke
just kill me
>>
Kageyama's resignation was the worst thing to happen to modern Pokemon.
>>
>>26710788
FE fates tracks are trying to be original, this pokemon wild battle pretends to be a remix of past themes and ends up being an abomination
"It all comes together" sounds more hopeless than ever, if it means constant nostalgia pandering
>>
>>26710675
I like it but I think the soundfonts just sound weird in the video. Hearing it actually being produced by the 3DS will probably sound more natural/in line with what I've come to expect.
>>
>>26710820
>FE fates tracks are trying to be original
They are doing a very poor job of it, then.
>>
>>26710781
>/v/tards still being autistic over censorship
>>
>>26710824
at least try to argue smartass
>>
The wild battle theme was never a big deal for me. I just don't care about them. I doesn't sound that bad.
>>
>>26710830
That would require some actual effort, something I'm not willing to put forward into a discussion about something as lowbrow as Fire Emblem.
>>
>>26710820
Because a wild battle theme in Pokemon wants the same feel every time, a game like FE wants the music to complement the map and the current story events which is different across each game
>>
>>26710825
>/v/tards
>implying
Nah man, I used to visit /feg/ when the game was about to be released in nipland. Fucking general went to shit went it came out, couldn't even talk about old games, and it became an even bigger shithole after the censorship was announced. Don't really know how it is right now, maybe I'll check it out later.
>>
>>26710675
I just don't like between 4-10 seconds, it's meh otherwise
>>
>>26710842
I go there and never have a problem talking about old games, but alright
>>
>>26710842
I have been playing Fates fan translated and content restored and ignore the censorship matter
>>
>>26710825
>implying there isn't due cause to be autistic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jA6A-ySMHYI

stup noa shill
>>
File: 1427323507741.jpg (67 KB, 500x491) Image search: [Google]
1427323507741.jpg
67 KB, 500x491
>>26710868
just ignore it until he goes away
>>
It's by far the worst battle theme I've heard in the Pokémon series. Sounds exactly like something a kid new to Garageband would make, with the whole "I HAVE TO CHANGE EVERYTHING AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE" attitude and no respect for a clean red line, with the only difference being the quality of the instruments.

So, a polished turd. I'm going to get mockery for this but if the rest of the music is just as bad, I'm not gonna buy the game anymore.
>>
>>26710868
doesn't make the actual game bad though, still the point is that idiots love derailing threads about censorship when it's completely irrelevant
>>
>>26710855
I just remember the thread being a massive waifu circlejerk by the time the newest game came out in Japan. Despite it did give me a few good laughs, but every thread having "First for x" in the first 10 posts and fanfiction shit every other post wasn't something fun. Might as well check it out now if you say the shitposting has died down.
>>
Sounds a lot like the HG/SS wild battle theme just less clean and I can hear bits of the Kanto gym battle theme as well. Far from the best the series had, but a step forward from X/Y.
>>
>>26710842
Its even worse now its literally just cuck posting
>>
>>26711165
Is there any better place to talk about FE?
>>
I'm actually kinda liking it now.
>>
>>26710675
it's painfully obvious that the song cuts off before it's really taking off, and I do think the missing seconds will be satisfying.
>>
>>26711173
Reddit.
>>
it grew on me quickly. sounds a lot better than gen 6 battle music.
>>
>>26711270
you made a fool of yourself
Love getting downvoted for having an opinion, nor do I like the edgelords
>>
>>26710675
It sounds like it's trying to find its groove but it can't.
Like, at 0:40 you'd think it would be building up a certain thing but it does something else that just falls flat instead.
I don't really know how to explain this but it feels like a beta, if that makes any sense.
>>
Sounds like B/W and Kalos combined.
>>
File: 1451488105888.png (187 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
1451488105888.png
187 KB, 380x380
>>26710758
That's not even the FE:F equivalent of the wild battle theme you mong.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBmer-5NinI
>He doesn't even set his My Castle theme to Road Taken
Don't even touch me right now.
>>
Shit and pretty obnoxious, especially the beginning, makes me cringe almost.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.