[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did Game Freak buff Defog to remove hazards? Nobody uses
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: iq4jy.gif (369 KB, 500x360) Image search: [Google]
iq4jy.gif
369 KB, 500x360
Why did Game Freak buff Defog to remove hazards?

Nobody uses hazards on Battle Spot.
Nobody uses hazards in VGC or any doubles format.
There's no need to use hazards ingame.

But Smogon isn't very known in Japan, is it? Why was Defog buffed?
>>
Because it could have used a buff?
>>
Because it was a literally useless move otherwise?
>>
Do you think Japan doesn't have its own 6v6 singles format? Even still, they buffed a shit move. Do they need another reason? It's not like it's totally random either, it's related to what it did before.
>>
>>26710570

Why do you care?
>>
For the most part, hazards are a one use move, with a gorillion PP, and the only ones that get absorbed naturally are toxic spikes. Indefinite speed reduction and switch in damage is pretty fucking stupid without any sort of counterplay.
>>
>>26710570
Because, contrary to what some will say, Pokemon isnt balanced ONLY for Doubles, they do balance for both.

Hazards aren't a Smogon only things, theyre pretty much a staple of the singles metagame, and have been since Gen 3. I'd say 2, but I'm not so sure it was as prevelent, though they were used.

There's some things that are clearly only meant for Doubles (M-Audino being a good example), and some that are only meant for singles (DD sweepers, and Defog like you mention), it's just easier to point out doubles specific ideas because theyre more restricted to doubles environment and thus more obvious.
>>
>>26710587
>>26710601
There's a metric fuckton of useless moves in the game.
Synchronoise, Telekinesis, Water Sport, Mud Sport, Quash, Wring Out.

>>26710625
I'm not against the buff, I'm wondering why it was buffed.

>>26710624
Because if GF actually pays attention to Singles they could enact similar nerfs/buffs for Sun/Moon.
>>
>>26710640
Quash has some use in doubles. Now after you, thats absolute shit.
>>
>>26710640
I knew you were going to say "B-but all these other shit moves..." so I should have just posted what I was going to say about it beforehand. Who gives a shit if there are a bunch of other shit moves? Maybe they came up with this idea for Defog so they fixed it? Maybe they have a set quotient of shit moves they fix per gen? Who the fuck knows? It doesn't matter at all. They changed so it's changed for the better. That dude explained "why" they would buff a move that beats hazards.
>>
Because Defog was a move that HELPED the opponent before the change, and gamefreak thought that that was probably something that could be fixed.
>>
Despite what VGC memers tell you, Gamefreak actually does pay attention to singles.
>>
Do people still use Reflect and Light Screen in doubles?
>>
>>26710662
After You can be used on team mates, can't it? I could see it being useful for assisting slow mons such as Mega Abomasnow.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.