[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PTCG/O General: We got it first edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 220
Thread images: 38
File: XY10_EN_54.png (209 KB, 245x342) Image search: [Google]
XY10_EN_54.png
209 KB, 245x342
New? Check the pastebin for advice on starting the game, client information, a guide on the various theme decks/products you can redeem in-game and more.
>http://pastebin.com/gPEnw6GW (embed)

You can also check this FAQ:
http://i.imgur.com/HoY1IaG.jpg (embed)

How to progress in PTCGO, tl;dr edition:
>complete all Trainer Challenges (Cheat Engine's speedhack strongly recommended to speed up AI games)
>play through using Basic decks to unlock them for versus play
>farm Versus Mode theme ladder for Tokens and Tournament Tickets
>Enter Theme format tournaments whenever possible
>enter Standard/Expanded ticket tournaments and accept that you'll lose
>you'll get tradable tournament chests and sometimes tradable packs
>DON'T OPEN THEM
>Instead, trade them for the cards you actually want for a deck you want to build, most cards go for like 1-3 packs each.
>Public trade is like the GTS, if you want proper results, put up your own offers.
>if you don't know what deck you want to build yet, see http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/forum/tcg-competitive-play.156/ or check out tournament results for a list of viable decks http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/state-province-championships-2016/decks/week-four/

To see what your PTCGO stuff is worth, look on the PTCGO forums in the trading section. Top Cut & other big trading companies will typically overprice cards, expect to get lower
>http://forums.pokemontcg.com/forum/33-in-game-item-exchange/

Tips for Code Giveaways:
>Post them as an image with the QR code covered. Don't just post it as plain text because of bots lurking threads

>Your Old Cards
No one wants them

Old: >>26684121

TotT: What decks you want to see succeed in Italy Nationals and why they aren't night march.
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 750x218) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 750x218
A gift for you guys.

Good luck!
>>
Just started playing this so I don't have much cards and I'm new in general to the tcg

Should I just stick to the theme deck battles to grind for stuff until I get more cards or make my own? I tried with the ones I have right now

http://pastebin.com/47ejgmuM
>>
>>26710742
>Should I just stick to the theme deck battles to grind for stuff until I get more cards or make my own?
Yes.
>>
I assume thread is ded due to E3 starting soon?
>>
So... are any of the Zygardes in the TCG good?
>>
>>26710742
four star all the trainer challenges for max freebie packs. make sure to get your 12 out of 12 (this number varies) unique wins per deck in here too. After that stick with theme until you are ready for standard. But do get out of theme asap because it's a completely different game when you build your own and theme decks are put together in a really poor way.
>>
>>26711147
Just the EX pictured in OP.
>>
File: habbening.png (36 KB, 169x129) Image search: [Google]
habbening.png
36 KB, 169x129
I'm gonna make it.
>>
Fucking sick of being on the game's blacklist.
>>
>>26711659
It's actually good? Weird. I only know Pokemon TCG with a generally vague idea of whats good but Zygarde EX didn't strike me as that good. Then again I guess Lucario EX didn't really either and they are similar.
>>
>>26712752
Don't act like you didn't have it coming.
>>
>>26712829
I guess it is mostly because of Power Memory giving it a 200 attack for three energies. That discard effect blows, but there are propably ways to deal with that.
>>
>>26712829
High health and great attacks. It's pretty good.
>>
>>26712907
No, the tool is garbage. The attack is unnecessary and its cost is ridiculous.
>>
>>26712918
Just when I played it was pretty much all about one shotting. But I guess him having 190 puts him out of typical one shot range which would allow you some leverage.
>>
>>26712849
The shitty support team forgot to unmute me long ago for innocuous shit and now I'm stuck with the punishment RNG.
>>
>>26712981
That's just the current meta. It will change soon.
>>
>>26712992
So it's still like that? I played around the beginning of XY up until about Furious Fists. I guess it's hard to imagine that it's good if it isn't actively counter-one-shotting.
>>
>>26713024
Well the difference is the Pokemon doing the one shotting are 30-60 HP non-EX's.
>>
>>26713024
>I guess it's hard to imagine that it's good if it isn't actively counter-one-shotting.
With effectively 230 HP and consistent damage output, it's a good card. It also has access to Strong Energy, which Carbink BREAK can accelerate onto it (and for the time being, access to Fighting Stadium and Korrina).

That being said, it definitely needs to be in a format that's friendly to the niche it fills. As >>26713094 said, the current format is littered with non-EX 'mons dealing high amounts of damage, one of whom Zygarde EX is weak to. The format is also very lockdown heavy which makes it hard to take advantage of cards like Korrina.

In a theoretical PRC-on format, Zygarde EX has serious potential. But as of right now, it's a sleeper.
>>
File: wtfco.png (840 KB, 931x541) Image search: [Google]
wtfco.png
840 KB, 931x541
What the fuck, Fates Collide.

This was from 57 packs.
>>
>>26714149
For 57 packs you could have traded for all of that four times over on top of over 500 commons/uncommons from the set.
>>
>>26714149
>opening packs
You deserve what you got.
>>
File: fatescollide60packs.png (567 KB, 828x509) Image search: [Google]
fatescollide60packs.png
567 KB, 828x509
>>26714149

This is what I had gotten from 60 back on release.

They were all locked so don't meme on me with that "you coulda traded for it" shit.
>>
>>26714174
>>26714188
A friend had given me his codes from a box on the condition that I actually open them and show him the pulls, and I had a few laying around. I should have traded the ones I had laying around.
>>
>>26710025
>TotT: What decks you want to see succeed in Italy Nationals and why they aren't night march.
B-But Night March is my favourite deck...
Well, in that case, I would like to see more M-Gardevoir EX FA decks, or maybe Melotoad Round in Legacy.
>>
>>26714234
Round decks don't run Meloetta anymore
>>
>>26714149
8 EXs, 2 FAs, 6 Breaks. This is exceptionally exactly the amount you would expect. Maybe even slightly above average.
>>
>>26714242
That why the "decks you WANT to see", no "deck we WILL see":

But yeah, poor Meloetta, she was so good in her time...
>>
File: why.png (1 MB, 1437x898) Image search: [Google]
why.png
1 MB, 1437x898
>>
File: Gold.png (1 MB, 2784x1708) Image search: [Google]
Gold.png
1 MB, 2784x1708
Thank you, based daily.
>>
>>26714234
>Night March is my favorite deck
The only fun things about NM are watching terrible players either shit their pants in the mirror match or forget how to play when they get item locked.
>>
>>26714287
I like it because it's fast, powerful, cheap, have cute mons AND a waifumon (Mew).
>>
File: ss+(2016-06-12+at+05.16.44).png (16 KB, 280x388) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-06-12+at+05.16.44).png
16 KB, 280x388
Is there any website detailing the competitive side of the older formats?

I'd use Bulbapedia because they do have the decklists for the Worlds decklists for 2004 onwards, but I'm specifically looking for the very early stuff, like Gen I and Gen II formats, and this Rain Dance deckliist is fucking horrible.
>>
>>26714363
There was no official tournaments until gen 3-4.
>>
>>26714385
Are you retarded? WotC ran plenty of tournaments for the TCG back in the day.
>>
>>26714385
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Tropical_Mega_Battle
>>
>>26714398
I'M NOT RETARDED, I'M JUST...JUSt...JUst...Just...just...too young to know about that.
>>
>>26714323
>4 Battle Compressor
>3 Shaymins
>cheap
>>
File: 1464051432706.png (87 KB, 313x109) Image search: [Google]
1464051432706.png
87 KB, 313x109
>>26714415
>You will never go to Tropical Mega Battle
>>
>>26714437
Every deck is pricey if you use Shaymin, anon. Don't be silly, please. k? k.
>>
>>26714467
And NM happens to use three of them. So it's by no means cheap.
>>
>>26714522
Name a deck that doesn't use Shaymin.
>>
>>26714592
The cheap ones.
>>
>>26714592
Greninja.
100% of the decks that can be used to win locals and online.
>>
>>26714592
The difference between Shaymins is $40-$50 depending on where you go. So a deck that runs just two is already much cheaper than a deck that runs three which is cheaper than a deck that runs four.

Greninja, by the way, doesn't run Shaymin.

>>26714667
My locals are somewhat competitive, I would probably get trashed taking rogue garbage.
>>
starting hand
>6 pokemon
>1 trainer

>Have 8 pokemon in deck

First two draws are pokemon

>No energy

This happened 3 games in a row.
>>
>>26714964
There is nothing wrong with the game.
>>
I should give up. I'll never get Skyla.
>>
>>26714964

the only fuckery that ever happens to me is unown draw for another unown

every fucking time
>>
File: _.jpg (48 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
_.jpg
48 KB, 800x600
>"played" condition
>expect something like a couple scratches on the back, or bent/curved
>back is torn the fuck up and card is bent
>>
File: 023.gif (167 KB, 162x226) Image search: [Google]
023.gif
167 KB, 162x226
One more Hoopa to be added to my collection...

Do you guys think it's gonna be holo? Maybe they'll pull the Zygarde/Lugia shit and make it non holo to be on the decks... That's sad. I'll have to buy a deck to have it.
>>
Been thinking about grabbing a few of these suckers.

Do they live up to the hype? If so, where's the cheapest place to order a few?
>>
>>26716599
It's already been confirmed that the decks are going to be Hoopa and Volcanion, so you'll have to buy the deck.
>>
>>26716613
Thanks, anon.

I'll prepare to do that.
>>
>>26714363

That deck isn't that bad,

I'll give it a try today.

I like gen1 TCG a lot more than modern TCG

ooo I don't have a super energy removal though...
>>
>>26714385
You're fucked m8. The Pokemon Trading Card Game League was promoted through the fucking movies. How could you not know about it?

Are you literally underage?

>>26714363
>Is there any website detailing the competitive side of the older formats?

http://www.pojo.com/pokemon/
>>
So water toolbox and grenigger is a thing right now , i was thinking M-sceptile for chilean nationals
>>
>>26716703
>>26714363
Shit, that was a main page link.

http://www.pojo.com/KillerDecks/index.shtml

Covers 1999 until 2009.
>>
File: wow!.png (11 KB, 650x462) Image search: [Google]
wow!.png
11 KB, 650x462
>>26716703
>>26716718
Not him, but Pojo is absolutely not the right place for that. Their reporting was very casual even for its time. They collected decks from literally anyone, and took any old local win with virtually the same weight as bigger tournaments.

I mean, actually look at some of the decks posted there. You see a shitload of poor deck concepts even for its time; pyramided evolutionary lines, giant energy pools, an extreme disregard for what a trainer lineup should have looked like.

Even with rudimentary knowledge of what the Base Set metagame looked like, you can obviously see that something like pic related is NOT representative of the meta, but here it is being featured on Pojo as a "Killer Deck" that won a tournament.

Card games simply weren't taken seriously back then. It was only until the late 2000's, around the time YGO 5DS came out, that we'd start actually start doing proper result reporting and recording.
>>
>>26716865
Thanks for the info. I posted them simply because they were ubiquitous back in the day and thought it might be worth a look over.

It is fair to say they're basically the serebii of TCG, even back in the day. Those Serebii 'Pokemon of the Day' sets aren't the worst, but they aren't going to win you many serious battles.

>Card games simply weren't taken seriously back then. It was only until the late 2000's, around the time YGO 5DS came out, that we'd start actually start doing proper result reporting and recording.

Now this is baffling to me. I was already an 'adult' by the time 5DS was out and kids were making the motocycle memes. Here I was, thinking I'd just been ignorant of a larger scene, due to age and technology.

Is it also due to the increase in players? I recognize a big shift in the scene compared to a decade ago, but I've heard it's expanded a lot in even the past two or three years.
>>
File: 1070834.jpg (249 KB, 320x450) Image search: [Google]
1070834.jpg
249 KB, 320x450
I'm new at TCG, I want to build a standar deck with this cards, anyone have a list or ideas?
>>
>>26716865

That's really not that bad of a deck,

it needs the high energy for Charizard and Arcanine,

Arcanine lowest cost attack is 3, and you discard a fire for each time you use it,

then it has a 4 cost attack that deals 30 dmg to itself.

and the tiered / pyramid evo line is ok, because cards like comp search (discard 2) energy retrieval(discard 1) need cards to discard, so once you get a charmander up to stage 1 or 2, you can discard the others without messing up the deck.

I'd take out the pokecenter and put another Bill in, maybe one or two less fire energy, for another switch and gust of wind.
>>
>>26717305
i have a beautifly/miltank deck than i run one of these in for those 2-3 prize snipes
>>
>>26717305
>>26717402

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

Pokémon - 17

3 Miltank FLF 83
2 Shaymin-EX ROS 106
4 Wurmple ROS 3
1 Cascoon ROS 6
3 Silcoon ROS 4
3 Beautifly ROS 5
1 Dustox ROS 8

Trainer Cards - 32

4 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
1 Xerosic PHF 119
3 Ultra Ball DEX 102
1 Lysandre FLF 90
2 Professor Sycamore XY 122
4 Forest of Giant Plants AOR 74
3 Level Ball AOR 76
1 Teammates PRC 141
2 Shauna XY 127
4 VS Seeker ROS 110
2 Professor Birch's Observations PRC 134
1 Rare Candy PRC 135
3 Muscle Band XY 121
1 AZ PHF 91

Energy - 11

4 Double Colorless Energy HS 103
7 Grass Energy BLWEnergy 5

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******
>>
>>26717349
Even before I get into the problems with the deck itself, the biggest issue is that Charizard and Arcanine aren't particularly good or meta cards. So even if this deck were built perfectly, it still wouldn't be able to compete within the format, meaning this absolutely isn't a glimpse into what a very old format looked like.

But even ignoring that, there are plenty of problems with both the build and what you've said. Pyramiding evolution lines isn't okay in any situation. This has been discussed extensively not only in these threads, but over the years in general. Instead of reposting all the points, I'll just link:
http://sixprizes.com/2011/07/04/countdown-top-10-reasons-lose/
which isn't amazingly descriptive, but it's definitely a solid starting point to give you an idea why (see #6). Your justification of using NFE Basics as discard fodder for Comp Search (Energy Retrieval wasn't particularly good even back then) is a classic mistake new players make, except normally they do it with cards like Oak or Sycamore. Discarding in order to reach your win condition is a-okay.
>>
>>26716611
Don't.
Order some premium ultra pro binder pages, and buy a binder at walmart.
That way you save money and get a superior product.
>>
>>26717478

There were a lot more discard cards back then,

Also there was a decent deck posted here earlier that was a 4-0-4 deck, squirtle / blastoise with no warturtle

I dunno, I much prefer old TCG, I wish they had an online version of the original cards.
>>
>>26717503
Well, shit. Found one of the faux-leather ones for sale on Amazon and bought it on a whim.

I've bought plenty of ultra pro pages over the years but I find they can rip or warp. These don't seem to have that problem. Or, am I mistaken?

Mainly looking to use it for trading rather than large scale storage.
>>
>>26717539
Base Set Pokemon was honestly pretty horrible. The balance was much worse than current Standard. Haymaker was objectively Tier 0 even against Rain Dance, Rain Dance was alone in Tier 1, and everything else in the format was gimmicky shit that won by making your opponent deck out in a format without actual mill cards. The game only really started getting good just before Gen II came out, which is when Base Set actually rotated out, but even then it was still messy.

If you want to play it online, TCGOne and OCTGN support old formats and have plenty of nostalgiafags coming back to try it out. Or you can just download either GBC game and play against the AI. Not sure if GBC emulators have netplay yet, though.
>>
>>26717589

I just downloaded the GBC game to my 3DS, beat it in 2 days.

I'll check out TCGOne / OCTGN, thanks
>>
>>26717618
There's a second GBC game, you know. Has the Rocket and Dark sets.
>>
>>26717627

I was no aware,

I'm guessing it's not on the virtual console for 3DS, I guess it's time to install the GBC emulator on my 3DS..
>>
>this top 8

VespEon vs March is always so fucking boring.
>>
>>26717652

>VespEon

People still actually use that?
>>
>>26717679
Expanded
>>
If you get disconnected you lose your match?

that's shitty.

I was kicking ass,
>>
How many cards can you have in your hand? is there a limit?
>>
>>26719189
No limit.
>>
>>26719196

Are there any current cards like Pokemon breeder?

(search deck for a stage 2 evolution, and put it on a card that evolves into it, counts as a evolution)

evo soda only does stage 1 to basic, or stage 2 to stage 1, looking for stage 2 to basic.
>>
>>26719293
I think you're misremembering what Pokemon Breeder does. You don't get to search your deck for anything, you just play the Stage 2 from your hand. It also follows the rules of evolution, meaning you can't use it on a Pokemon that was just played that turn.
Rare Candy is mechanically identical and has been in use since Sandstorm in Gen 3, but back then it gave you the (pointless) option of playing a Stage 1.

If you're looking for gimmicks for playing a Stage 2 quickly, you should try Archie's Ace in the Hole or Maxie's Hidden Ball Trick if it's a Water- or Fighting-type Pokemon. Alternatively, Cradily from Plasma Blast has an attack that lets you play Stage 2 Pokemon from your deck.
>>
Today is my first day playing, playing expanded, and I'm winning 4/5ths o my matches, using just the cards I start with

and I'm facing off against people with all sort of crazy EX cards and whatnot.

are people just really bad at this game? or what....
>>
>>26719704
The game's target demographic consists of manchildren and literal children.
Also, just because a card is shiny doesn't mean it's good.
>>
File: Magearna-CP5.jpg (40 KB, 336x447) Image search: [Google]
Magearna-CP5.jpg
40 KB, 336x447
Why the best art never ends with the most usable cards...
>>
>>26720085
english please?
>>
>>26720085
>hard Xerneas counter
lol?
>>
File: Volcanion-CP5.jpg (27 KB, 242x330) Image search: [Google]
Volcanion-CP5.jpg
27 KB, 242x330
>>26720105
[C] Entertain: Heal 30 damage from 1 of your Benched Pokemon.
[M] Prism Wave: 20x damage. Does 20 damage times the number of different types of Pokemon on your opponent’s Bench.

Also this one who doesnt have a translation.
>>
>>26719359
The stage 1 option wasn't completely pointless, because candy used to allow you to evolve on turn 1 or the turn you played the basic. It only changed in 2011:
>The wording of Rare Candy is now as follows, "Choose 1 of your Basic Pokémon in play. If you have a Stage 2 card in your hand that evolves from that Pokémon, put that card on the Basic Pokémon. (This counts as evolving that Pokémon.) You can't use this card during your first turn or on a Basic Pokémon that was put into play this turn." So now it can't be used on your first turn, and it can't be used on a Pokémon played this turn. (Apr 11, 2011 TPCi Announcements; May 5, 2011 PUI Rules Team)
>>
So when do we usually know the results and decklists of big tournaments? I came from Yugioh and YouTubers usually have them the day of or the day after the event. How long for Pokemon is it usually.
>>
>>26720603

Results yes, decklists no because for 99% of decks you can see one of the non-Shaymin-EX Pokemon and then accurately guess the entire decklist, maybe being wrong about one or two of the deck's trainer base.
>>
>>26715173
buy one of the theme decks, she's in two of them.
>>
File: Tsumiki_(7).png (91 KB, 480x280) Image search: [Google]
Tsumiki_(7).png
91 KB, 480x280
Excuse my autism for one moment but even if put in protective card sleeves will the cards eventually be lightly damaged regardless when used to play with?
>>
What's the strongest printed attack damage? 300?
>>
>>26721099
Yeah eventually they'll catch a little wear and tear. To minimize it as much as possible keep the card in a sleeve and a hard toploader at all times when it's not being used to play with, and keep it in a place where the temp is constant.
>>
What's the ultimate meme card right now?
>>
>>26717559
The premium pages are side loaders, and are actually pretty high quality. They have black backs so the cards are separated from the front and back.
>>
>>26710025
How do formats work for Pokemon? Are there eternal formats where I can play my cards from fossil?
>>
>>26721673
Yes. It's called Unlimited. It's unplayable though. The only playable formats are Sfandard, Expanded and Legacy, but the last one is only supported online. Rotations dictate formats.

>>26721616
Shaymin EX.

>>26721430
Jumbo cards go up to 1000.
>>
>>26717627
Wasn't it released in Japan only? And the translations for it are mediocre?
>>
>>26714260
Speaking of based dailies, I got this one from today's.
>>
Which pokémon deserves some TCG love?
Which one deserves to not be printed anymore?

>Kecleon
>FUG
>>
looking at the jap meta on Charizard Lounge, Trev/Kazam is a thing over there. Why is it not a thing over here?

Alakazam nips Trevs dark weakness and assist the damage output. Trev shuts NM down for Kazam.

It's all good right? Whats the catch?
>>
>>26723350
and opens an autoloss in Sceptile.
>>
File: WIN_20160613_133455.jpg (110 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20160613_133455.jpg
110 KB, 1280x720
would you look at that, all these code cards just laying around. What should I do with them?
>>
>>26723396
Post some of them. Maybe as a link to a text file to avoid bot or something picking them up.
>>
>>26723396
That's a lot of code cards holy shit.
>>
FBJ HMPY KQX DEX

GSR 94GB W4C 7N5

HFP H4XT EU3 F7A

K8M B3 CV HSH GR3

Q46 S4RY 3YK UH3

QS7 PKRP BGM NA4

34R RKTX NFJ CFE

JBR 3QUN SRP VKS

8DE 4AJD 5Q7 QX5

R5V EV4X RE4 XW7

K9A B9HG G63 W8W

V67 UTTV DEV 9GG

HWT M9C8 GWN UBH

this is the first batch, I got like ten more batches to go
>>
>>26723396
don't just post, bots or the same old speedy silent hoarders will grab. send em to emails as people ask.

[email protected]
>>
>>26723457
would posting the QR codes be better? I can do that instead
>>
aaaand they're gone.

I wouldn't mind if pulls got posted.
>>
>>26723463
def not raw codes. Best bet is to email people. They will be more apprecietive.

if that's too much hassle, do things like post the card pic except with the QRs covered. Or stuff like QXT(six)-JT6Y so bots can't just yoink them.
>>
>>26723493
alright i'll try the second suggestion later

just fyi for everyone I have about 90 codes left
>>
>>26723493

>muh bots

git gud
>>
>>26723463
Would you read the fucking OP
>>
File: 2016-06-13 20_59_41.jpg (541 KB, 1296x758) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-13 20_59_41.jpg
541 KB, 1296x758
>>26723453
Well I got three of them thanks.
>>
File: 2016-06-13 20_59_58.jpg (554 KB, 1296x758) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-13 20_59_58.jpg
554 KB, 1296x758
>>26723505
2nd
>>
>>26723350
"A thing?" What's the meta share?

Trev/Zam sounds pretty bad in theory. The whole idea of Trev is T1 item lock, except now you have a whole host of cards dedicated to using and abusing Zam fucking up your consistency. Trev does nothing for you on the bench, which you want open for Zam to abuse its ability.
>>
File: 2016-06-13 21_00_15.jpg (551 KB, 1296x758) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-13 21_00_15.jpg
551 KB, 1296x758
>>26723514
3rd

Again thanks for the packs.
>>
>>26723524
only top 30 qualifiers for the nationals from their senoirs posted, but this combo was 2 of the 30.

http://thecharizardlounge.com/2016/06/07/eye-on-japan-kamex-mega-battles-2016/

At best guess it's still running something like a 4-3-3 Trev line and 3(?) Wallys. Plus Wobbuffet & Ballons. But Alazazam is there as maybe a 2-2 line to fix the weaknesses Trev has and capitalize on the spread damage.

I've just played and won seven games in a row on the client with a guess build. This is not unusual for Trev but noticably I've won the one it would typically lose.
>>
>>26723561
That's pretty unrepresentative of the meta as a whole as it was a pretty small amount of data collected.

I don't think the Dark weakness fix is worth the inconsistency of 6 new cards that forfeit 2 prizes against every NM player. But if Darkrai EX is just as popular as Yveltal in their meta I could see why they'd try it at least.
>>
>>26723623
mmh, I agree with the worries, and maybe that's why it's not a thing. It's just a combo I didn't expect to see and so far so good with messing around with it. Two more games, two more wins.

is there anywhere else to get a good look at the state of their meta?
>>
Two games later and I finally lost one, but only down to bad draw. Hell I like this deck. Straight Trev is dull and this offers a different approach.
>>
>>26723683
I have no idea honestly. I haven't taken an interest in nip's meta so I haven't researched it enough.
>>
File: 1462838729176.jpg (22 KB, 212x248) Image search: [Google]
1462838729176.jpg
22 KB, 212x248
I work in a store which sells cards and I get a pretty hefty discount.
What packs should I be buying for the best value?
They sell the 3-card packs, tins, single cards, theme decks and occasionally sell promo cards.
>>
>>26714419
>too young
>name
>trip
>no reason to justify
Get out
>>
>>26723910
Buy anything and everything Roaring Skies and Phantom Forces.
>>
>Wanting to build expanded Darkrai deck
>Virbank City Gym costs 8 fucking bucks
What the shit.
>>
>>26724213
I feel you mang

>Want to play Eggs-Flareon-Weavile-Vespiquen in expanded
>Each Flareon and Egg go for 1 pack
>Weaviles go for 2
>16 pack investment for one expanded deck

It's not that bad, but I don't have the packs or a lot of time to do tournaments right now. They really should've just kept BW stuff in the store.
>>
>>26724213
>want to build standard Toad last year

>Virbank City costs $6 a piece
>Hypnotoxic Laser costs $5 a piece
>N costs $5 a piece
>Head Ringer costs $8 a piece
>>
>>26724280
Seriously. If shit's still legal for turnaments then they should keep a smaller amount in production.
>>
>>26721956
There's a 100% translation, actually. I played through it with 0 problem, the translation's good enough to be official.
>>
>>26724090
New to the TCG, why so?
>>
>>26724544
Staples.
Shaymin ex for Roaring Skies and supporters for Phantom Forces.
>>
>>26724544
Roaring Skies has Shaymin, which is both a staple and the most expensive non-cosmetic in Standard right now.

Phantom Forces contains half the meta, featuring all of NM and Battle Compressor, M Manectric, Bats, Gengar + Wobbuffet, Aegislash and other metal support like Heatran and Dialga, and then a shitload of staples including AZ, D Valley, Hammer, Head Ringer and Net, Robo Sub, Roller Skate, VS Seeker, Xerosic, Sycamore, and Target Whistle.
>>
>>26724587
What the fuck is going to happen once PHF gets rotated out of standard?
>>
I'm trying to build a Greninja Break deck.
How many packs should I offer for a golden frog? 5 Fates Collide is good?
How hard to get is Jirachi?
>>
>>26724648
>How hard to get is Jirachi
Oh child.
>>
>>26724636
It won't be legal in Standard anymore, but will be legal in Expanded.
>>
>>26724674
I know it will be good for expanded, but what about standard?
>>
>>26724685
>>26724685
The only important cards from PHF that will be legal in standard are VS Seeker, Zubat and Golbat.
>>
>>26724636
They'll release CP4 which reprints everything in PHF and the packs before it, since another major chunk of the meta comes from XY through FuF as well.

It's not like half the major shit hasn't been reprinted already anyways. Yveltal gets to stay untouched for another two years, for example.

If they decide to throw the West under the bus for Worlds 2017 and 2018 by not sending us CP4, then everything in the format gets bumped up a tier to make up for the lack of NM, Trev, Toad, and Mane.
>>
>100 more points till Juniper
I did it lads
>>
>>26724718
Are Zubat or Golbat even relevant without Crobat?
>>
>>26724734
we dont get cp4 you retard.
>>
>>26724767
Probably not. Alakazam, which will be a deck after PHF rotates, could still use them, but really they won't be that important.

>>26724788
Can we nip this argument in the bud with the concession that while CP4 isn't confirmed for a Western release, it is possible we could a reprint set at the end of the XY era like they did with LTR.
>>
>>26724544
>>26723910
If your store still has packs from Plasma Freeze, get those. The most expensive, playable card (Secret Rare Ultra Ball) is from that set. That set has an unusually high number of SR cards though, which is a bit of a pain.

What the other anon said about Phantom Forces isn't wrong, but buying boosters is fucking stupid for that set.

I'd also recommend Generations, since it's all reprints and getting it at a discount makes buying the sets worthwhile.

Oh, and if you can find pic related, buy it. Has reverse holo energy cards and staple trainers including a VS Seeker.
>>
>>26724809
>Alakazam, which will be a deck after PHF rotates
Oh? Could you explain to a casual why this is?

Partly asking because I have a nice stash of Alakazam and M-Alakazam cards.
>>
>>26724866
M-Alakazam is a pretty fast deck. Two Psychic energies for potentially a decent amount of damage will be very effective. You have cards like Wobbuffet to stall, and Golbat and Devolution Spray to stack damage.

Right now, its Psychic weakness is a huge liability because of Night March. However, if PHF rotates, NM will be gone in Standard. However, it will still struggle with the mirror match and M-Sceptile decks.
>>
>>26720148
God, Volcanion always looks ugly in every media; movie, cards, posters...why?
>>
>>26724826
If your store has Plasma Freeze they've probably all been weighed. I know, I've weighed the rest of them in my city and bought all the heavy ones. Ironically only one FA out of more than 20 heavy packs, but at least it was Latias.
>>
>>26724946
Because it is an ugly pokemon.
How hard is it for you to understand?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (206 KB, 1286x745) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
206 KB, 1286x745
>Playing in a theme tournament
>Get past 1st round
>2nd round and there's obvious lag (I noticed that the other player and previous partner had gone past the alloted time for the round).
>Fairly evenly matched, I'm about to get my penultimate prize card
>Pic related
>Then client crash
>Start it up again
>Crash again
>Once more, and realized that not only am I not in the tournament anymore, but I didn't receive 3-4 place prizes AND I lost my entry tickets (8)

Thanks for the wonderful client TPCi
>>
>>26725430
>windows
>>
>>26724738
40 more for me. No sleep till Brooklyn.
>>
>>26725430
Dumb win10 poster
>>
>>26725961
win 8 :^)
>>
LQN (eight)NYD AKU GGY

(seven)Y5 YYEL 7QR RKQ

EBM PTR(seven) J7X ADF

(six)V6 KD3Y 33M UJ6

NBC SUAV X(three)9 KGC

TGK E(three)AJ CAG VKL

J(four)V 7HAN 58K 73P
>>
File: thanks.jpg (217 KB, 1286x748) Image search: [Google]
thanks.jpg
217 KB, 1286x748
>>26726342
I didn't get anything I didn't have but that's because the only ros card i'm missing is reg art gira. Thanks for the pack though man.
>>
File: Phantom force.jpg (940 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Phantom force.jpg
940 KB, 1920x1080
>>26726342
Thanks.
>>
File: pull.jpg (2 MB, 1920x2160) Image search: [Google]
pull.jpg
2 MB, 1920x2160
>>26726342
>>
File: 1.jpg (981 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
981 KB, 1920x1080
>>26726342
Here are the pulls.
>>
File: untitled.jpg (942 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
untitled.jpg
942 KB, 1920x1080
>>26726342
Ty.
>>
Can't wait to see Mega Beedrill miniature.
>>
>>26727313
>$40 box
>figure
>>
LUXCHOMP vs NIGHT MARCH. Which is STRONGER?
>>
>>26727440
Night March by far. Their formats are like half a decade apart, the power creep is enough by then.

If you mean which one had a bigger impact on its respective meta, then LuxChomp. If I remember correctly, didn't it get to like a 60% or 70% winrate? Night March has 30% right now and it might be dropping.
>>
>>26727440

Uhh, probably Night March because it's from current sets and Luxchomp is really fucking old? But Night March isn't even that strong in the grand scheme of meta-domination. I'm pretty sure even Toad last year was stronger.
>>
>>26727509
>I'm pretty sure even Toad last year was stronger.
Here's what Standard looked like last year just before the 2015 rotation.
>>
>>26727565
M-Masaka...that's impressive.
>>
>>26727509
>>26727565
back during the time I was playing as a side hobby type thing last year, I thought Seismitoad EX was good but not that great.
>>
>>26727337
>Just like every other Premium Collection, it’ll come with Beedrill-EX, M Beedrill-EX, Beedrill Spirit Link, a jumbo version of M Beedrill-EX, a Mega Beedrill figure, a Mega Beedrill pin, a Mega Beedrill coin, a PTCGO code card, and six booster packs.
>>
>>26727600
If a card has an item lock effect on it, 99% of the time it's going to be at or near the very top of the tier list.

This has unfortunately been the case for two decades now. They genuinely need to stop printing this mechanic.
>>
>>26727602
>>26727602
That's obviously wrong. Neither the Aerodactyle nor Mawile Premium Collection came with a figure.
>>
>>26727565

These results are from after LTC was banned. Toad was even more of a terror before. Last year at this time LTC had just gotten the axe.
>>
>>26727629
My experience was based mostly on a friend playing with a single copy in a randy deck that I already forgot, so it wasn't tuned or consistent (and I was playing Blastoise and beat that deck pretty consistently which says a lot about the experience). Doesn't excuse it though since even just reading it I went "Why the heck is everybody freaking out over this". I wasn't aware of the game's history wit item locks.
>>
>>26727629
When has current era Vileplume been at the top of the tier list?
>>
>>26727681
Who said anything about current era Vileplume, anon?
>>
>>26727695
>If a card has an item lock effect on it, 99% of the time it's going to be at or near the very top of the tier list.
Does current era Vileplume not count as a card, or not count as one with an item lock effect? Because I'm pretty sure it's both and the assumption is well within the range of 99%.
>>
>>26727681
Since the beginning of States.
>>
File: cp4002-3.jpg (262 KB, 392x547) Image search: [Google]
cp4002-3.jpg
262 KB, 392x547
Speaking of Beedrill, is there any potential here?

The HP is a bit low, but Mega Turbo and one from hand let you set up right there. No retreat cost. Even guaranteed paralysis without a cost, unlike Servine's coin flip and Ampharos's damage.
Could you at least meme it with Vileplume or something? They both benefit from forest of giant plants at least.
>>
>>26727799
I want to drill a bee if you know what I am mean haha.
>>
>>26727817
shut up gay tripfag
>>
>>26727825
Shhh...you don't know who I am, that's pretty obvious, but I'm one of the most powerful persons in this site, so be careful or I'll ruin your entire life...
>>
>>26727841
go listen to carly rae jepsen or something, homo
>>
File: I came 2.png (138 KB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
I came 2.png
138 KB, 375x375
>>26727841
>most powerful persons
>>
>>26727799
It's interesting and you can do neat things with it, but this sort of card isn't really good in the current format.

Why jerk around with Beedrill when other Megas like M Ray can OHKO the format with the same amount of setup?
Why bother with Paralysis when most viable Pokemon have between 30 and 120 HP anyways?
Plus Grass has some of the worst support overall.

By the way, when you're discussing this card, if anyone mentions Zoroark as a reason why Beedrill is bad, you can use that as a sign to disregard their whole post.
>>
>>26727871
>thinking hiroshima is only one person
we bombed them for a reason anon
>>
>>26727873
>worst support overall

>FoGP
>Revitalizer
>>
>>26725174
True, but you can still find product with freeze, and I'm not talking about the MJ Holdings repackaged shit. I bought three blisters today with freeze packs by visiting a desolate walmart.

Speaking of blisters, somehow pulled both FA Lysandre and FA Wally today because of a checkout aisle impulse buy. That luck is what prompted me to go for freeze. Here's hoping. Will report later or something.
>>
>>26727927
Yep. Having access only to those two cards makes Grass near the bottom in terms of support when compared to the better types like Fighting.
>>
>>26727950
What possible other thing can you say is actually up there with fighting?

Dark has Yveltal and that's it. They're too scared to make good fighting support because of Yveltal EX. Even Zoroark had to be generic. Lightning just has Manectric and that's splashable. Circle Circuit Raichu and Jolteon go mostly in non-lightning decks. Water has rough seas, dive ball, and Archie's, but still kind of sucks outside of toad. And toad didn't even need any water support to be good. Fire somehow remains awful despite all the good support it has.

Fighting is probably the only typing you can even actually say has a decent amount of support and shows it by making good decks with that support.
>>
>>26727950
As opposed to

Dragon
>DDE
>

Metal
>Bronzong PHF
>

Colorless
>Winona
>

Dark
>Yveltal XY
>

Water
>Dive Ball
>Rough Seas
>

Fire
>Blacksmith
>Volcanion STS
>Fiery Torch

Lightning
>Magnezone BRT
>Clemont
>Rough Seas
>

Fairy
>Aromatisse XY
>Xerneas XY
>Fairy Garden
>

Psychic
>Wobbuffet PHF
>Dimension Valley
>Mystery Energy

And of course Fighting, which has a shit ton of support. I'd say it's about quality over quantity. And FoGP is way better than shit like Rough Seas and Clemont.
>>
>>26727950
Grass support is fine, it just lacks a strong attacking mon. The hardest hitting grass mon, not counting Vespiquen, is Sceptile, and the only mons that take advantage of FoGP are either bench support or too weak to match their setup speed. Yanmega Break is a step in the right direction since you can run it in anything that runs Judge and the stadium, but even then only 100 isn't that good. Plus, it doesn't have anything like Magnezone Prime to pair up with. Closest thing is Camerupt and who the fuck would run those together.
>>
>>26728004
Dragon has Hydreigon EX at least, and you forgot Archie's Ace in the Hole
>>
just faced a neat m-man/bronzong-BREAK deck

gonna start fucking around making a list and try it out

whats a good mon line? 3-2 or 3-3 man and 3-3-3 bronzong?
>>
>>26728077
You're right about Hydreigon EX, but no one uses Archie's in Standard.
>>
>>26728084
Build Genesect toolbox instead.
>>
>>26728088
That's because water is dildos in standard.

Archie's Blastoise is amazing in expanded where water actually has more than just Kyogre-EX and maybe Barbaracle to use.
>>
>>26728077
He forgot a few cards, like Reverse Valley for Dark/Metal or Manaphy for Water.
He's also not counting secondary attacker options. Lightning has access to Manectric and Jolteon, for example, or Dialga, Heatran, and the upcoming Cobalion for Metal. If you include those, the list gets pretty long.

But not for Grass, since Grass doesn't really have much of a secondary lineup. Some decks run Virizion, Ariados is by no means Grass-exclusive (or even worth a slot in most decks), and Sceptile is a lot clunkier than Mane. Cards like Vespiquen and Vileplume require a dedicated build to function.

So if you're putting together a Metal or Lightning deck, for example, there are plenty of options to pick from to fill up deck space, but Grass doesn't get that.

That means Grass really only has FOGP, Revitalizer, and maybe Virizion if you're being generous. Other types have more than that, putting Grass on par with Colorless and Dragon near the bottom of the barrel.
>>
>>26728004

Really, really bare-bones list

When you discuss the qualities and support of a type you need to take everything into account. Energy accelerants, walls, type quality of life shit, everything.

Dragon has Reshiram, Giratina EX, Hydreigon EX as well. Dragon is a splashable type, meaning that a lot of their other support isn't unique to dragons. Other types typically have more since they're unique while dragon is really a bastardized type in the TCG.
>>
File: SwampertPrimalClash36.jpg (253 KB, 600x827) Image search: [Google]
SwampertPrimalClash36.jpg
253 KB, 600x827
>>26728110
>>
>>26728325
Expanded has Keldeo EX
>>
>>26728972
>Bringing out Keldeo with Archie's
??????
>>
shud i buy a call of legends booster box? how many holos/ultras per box in that set??
>>
File: its rainin lead.png (1022 KB, 1353x703) Image search: [Google]
its rainin lead.png
1022 KB, 1353x703
>>26728084

heres my shit list i scrapped together and won a tourney already

not the greatest but its pretty fun

the main problem is the slowness of bronzong BREAK and starting the game with something other than manectric magnifies the slowness

bottom cards are 2 N, 3 Sycamore, 3 Float stone, 2 spirit link, 3 lightning , 9 metal
>>
>>26710025
Is that thing better than that 3 attacks Luke?
>>
>>26729946
It's about on par. A lot of people will say it's worse because Lucario had 2 really good first two attacks and Zygarde doesn't. But Zygarde trades the psychic weakness for a Grass one and viability in two attacks for a strong fourth attack from an item.
>>
>>26729974
>a strong fourth attack from an item
?
>>
>>26729999
>>
>>26730335
Arguably worse than FFB.
>>
>>26729196
you could source a UR Vs Seeker, an FA Shaymin and 3-2 Manectric, but you couldn't get 3 matching Sycamores? Good god man consolidate your shit it's an eyesore.
>>
>>26730335
translate pls
>>
>>26730892
Google it mongoloid
>>
>>26730624
I mean, is tha attack really that bad? Carbink BREAK charges it up in basically one turn after using it, and Carbink has that Safeguard ability, right?
>>
>>26730892
OOOOOORU CERU BAAAHN
>>
>>26729974
It's only good because it isn't oneshotted by cards which normally oneshot. And because most of these cards sit at around 30-60 HP
>>
>>26730989
You'd have to reliably be able to switch back and forth between the two to keep powering it up. It's inconsistent and unsustainable.
>>
>>26731047
Eh, youd only have to do it three times against the things you'd need to use that attack but switching is still a fair enough argument.
>>
>>26731079
That's three switches. Without Zoroark, an entirely new element of inconsistency, that's probably going to be hard to pull off. Especially if they're antagonizing you with Lysandre.

FFB is the better tool.
Thread replies: 220
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.