[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>SM introduces a new poison-type move that blasts liquid nitrogen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 250px-109Koffing.png (57 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
250px-109Koffing.png
57 KB, 250x250
>SM introduces a new poison-type move that blasts liquid nitrogen at the opponent.
>Acts like Scald, but has a 30% chance to freeze instead of burn.
How does the meta change?
>>
>>26707463
That's dumb. Nitrogen isn't poisonous. It even makes up about 80% of our atmosphere.
Why would it be a poison type move?
>>
>>26707495
I think he's implying the Nitrogen would be Liquid Nitrogen, so cold ass balls
>>
>>26707463
Fairy gets btfo
>>
>>26707463
Why should a poison move have a 30% chance to freeze when all ice type moves that can freeze only have 10%?
>>
>>26707463
The reason Scald is so good is because the one type that can take burns, Fire-types, are hesitant to switch in to Scald. It's a Catch-22 move. The only thing safe are status absorbers and Volcanion, which not every team will carry.

Your idea is ruined be the Steel-type that every teaam should be covering, plus the fact that Poison is just a bad attacking type compared to Water.

Better example is a Fire-, Fighting-, Steel-, or Rock-type move that freezes at 30%. There's others like a Ground-type move that inflicts Poison, but the point is that you force them into a situation where their immunity to that hazard has no safe switch.
>>
>>26707529
>woosh
>>
>>26707529
Why should a water move have a 30% chance to burn when most fire type moves that can freeze only gave 10%?
>>
File: mischevious joltik.jpg (57 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
mischevious joltik.jpg
57 KB, 700x700
>>26710062
>>
>>26710062
How dare you use my argument against me!
>>
>>26707463
Why would a liquid nitrogen move be poison and not ice?
>>
>>26711642
Because poison as a type is just a catch all term for things like chemicals and all that.
Same with grass being "plants".
>>
>Liquid nitrogen
>Liquid
Oh God, I'm having PTSD of that thread.
>>
>>26711585
Wrong answer, you were looking for "Lava Plume"
>>
>>26711642
Because science and shit is needed to liquify nitrogen.
>>
trying to remember moves with chemical-ish names
I can only think of Acid, Acid Spray, and Gastro Acid
am I missing any
>>
>>26711670
I'm trying to think of one that matches that description tho.

Like, its for pollution and actual poison as far as I can tell.
>>
>>26711799
Even then, I think the implication is that those are stomach acids.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.