[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.twitch. tv/pokemonvgc_eu Italian nationals is l
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6
File: 1429149745406.png (486 KB, 643x521) Image search: [Google]
1429149745406.png
486 KB, 643x521
https://www.twitch.
tv/pokemonvgc_eu

Italian nationals is live now, top 32
>>
File: untitled.png (246 KB, 574x319) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
246 KB, 574x319
sceptile on deck rn
>>
File: can't.png (12 KB, 240x160) Image search: [Google]
can't.png
12 KB, 240x160
>>26707108

Pokémon can't be homosexual.
>>
Is the italian memester still in?
>>
>>26707159
I don't know, but I convinced reddit that this ugly who who vaguely looks like Arash was actually him

https://www.reddit.com/r/gaymers/comments/4nozeg/pokemon_champ_arash_ommati_looking_rough_at/
>>
>vgc
>>
BROBAT
>>
>Haze
tight
>>
CROBAT FOREVER
>>
bearded guy should not have risked the turn 1 speed tie with groudon, Alessio was up a game and had the room to be a little risky he didn't. of course the pressure of being on match point in top 32 of a national championship is tremendous. that haze from crobat was very clutch, not a move you see from western players on bat much
>>
Just want to say Gerard and Santi are cuties :3
>>
that's a scarf kyogre if you weren't paying attention, very strange to see it without rayquaza (I think its partner is yveltal)
>>
>>26707341
ah nvm he has ray that makes more sense
>>
LET ME DRAGON ASCENT THIS 100% GONNA PROTECT SALAMENCE

RETARD
>>
>>26707428
it wasn't that bad of a play, he was probably expecting it to tailwind since mence is not terribly threatened by the swords dance rayquaza set which doesn't carry draco meteor.
>>
>risking the loss by crit when you have a 100 percent timer win con
wew
>>
>>26707443
Perhaps. Its also the play that cost him the game though.
>>
>>26707125
This. Pokemon is quite to opposite of that claim.
>>
Why is VGC prize money so low? I'm sure LoL and Starcraft aren't that low.
>>
>>26707509
its not something that generates a lot of money for the pokemon company. its pretty much a big advertising platform. TCG generates way more money and has like double the prizes. although, prize support this year is better than ever since its cash money instead of scholarships.
>>
>>26707509
It will get bigger as the game grows

Games like LoL pretty much survive on competitive play and it gets hundreds of thousands of viewers during tournaments
>>
>>26707555
just fyi one year the play! pokemon program generated literally 1 USD in revenue so lol. don't hold your breath on the growth aspect. regional attendance has been way, way down. I love the game but I'm realistic. hopefully a new format without legendaries you need to SR for will help attendance. entry fees at regs hurt attendance too, and there's no cash prizes at regs which is fucking ludicrous if you're charging entry fees
>>
>>26707599
Which year?

2014 and 2015 were both really good growth wise, 2016 meta has just turned a lot of people away
>>
>>26707599
In Europe, at least, regionals are organised by members of the community just like premier challenges. Entry fees mostly go towards hiring the venue.
>>
File: 1438333292156.jpg (119 KB, 410x500) Image search: [Google]
1438333292156.jpg
119 KB, 410x500
>Italian VGC
>Spaniards everywhere
Disgusting. Where's the pastaspeech?
>>
>>26707509
>>26707555
>>26707599
>>26707555
Makes no sense seeing that Pokemon is the most popular successful gaming franchise ever along with Mario and GTA
>>
>>26707599
It's meant for advertising, not to make money directly.
>>
>>26707624
Pokémon's sales include a huge proportion of people who either don't know that competitive Pokémon is a thing, or only play on WiFi or Showdown. I doubt more than 1% of people who've bought the games have ever been to a single VGC event.

By comparison, LoL and Starcraft are completely build from the ground up for a competitive community. Things like online play, easier EVing and official guides explaining it help, but it's still a long way from being a primarily competitive game.
>>
>>26707624
It makes sense, competitive is only a small part of Pokemon, let alone people who want to bother going out to tournaments
>>
>>26707624
Alternatively it could be like yugioh where they legally can't hold a tournament with a good prize payout because the creator wants it to be kid friendly.
>>
they need new music desu
>>
what a nice lesbian
>>
if you aren't aware topogre is a throwback to vgc 2010
>>
>>26707621
Europeans top players are basically guaranteed to have like at least 2 or 3 other attempts to qualify for the worlds by attenting other close nats in Europe.
>>
Man i'll never understand why VGC operates the way it does. Legendaries kill this event(s) for me.
>>
>>26708632
The legendaries are only for this year since we've been stuck with ORAS twice in a row and they couldn't come up with anything else
>>
Hitmontop's back bois
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.