[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do Pokemon obey you once you capture them? What's preventing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6
File: 220px-Poke_Ball_Interior.png (64 KB, 220x167) Image search: [Google]
220px-Poke_Ball_Interior.png
64 KB, 220x167
Why do Pokemon obey you once you capture them? What's preventing them from turning around and attacking you once you send them out?
>>
>>26706466
magic or just pokemon us catched because it wanted to
>>
>>26706466
They want to be partners.
>>
>>26706466
In the ashnime they can attack their trainers. In the games they ignore you if you aren't competent enough.
>>
>>26706466
Dominance thing.

If you show an animal you're better than it, it wont fuck with you.

That's why if a bear attacks you and you show dominance it'll go away.

You should go find a bear and test it for yourself, OP
>>
>>26706466

Pokémon are friendly creatures.
>>
File: 4816953-arceus.jpg (1 MB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
4816953-arceus.jpg
1 MB, 1600x1600
>>26706503
That moment when you show dominance over your creator.
>>
File: inhibitorchip.png (167 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
inhibitorchip.png
167 KB, 500x281
>>26706466
>>
>>26706522

Arceus didn't create Human.
>>
>>26706579

If Arceus didn't, what did?

Checkmate atheists
>>
File: arceus_only_created_6_Pokémon.jpg (111 KB, 651x1000) Image search: [Google]
arceus_only_created_6_Pokémon.jpg
111 KB, 651x1000
>>26706600

Arceus only created Universe and 6 Pokémon in total and Human evolve from Pokémon.
>>
>>26706501
kill yourself
>>
>>26706660
>only created the Universe
>only
Do you know what Universe means?
>>
>>26706660
Richard please
>>
>>26706694

Arceus only created the Universe and 6 Pokémon in total.
>>
>>26706701

What?
>>
In the animu most of the pokemon Ash gets actually want to join his team but the battle and capture are treated like a test of worthiness, the capture itself doesn't bind the mon to your will at all. Ash's Froakie actually went through like a dozen trainers before joining Ash's team because he decided they were shit trainers and fucked off back to Sycamore's lab without them

In game terms, just assume all wild mons are looking for their chance to be part of the big leagues but are testing your mettle first
>>
>>26706710
The 6 Pokemon went on to create nearly every other element though. If Arceus didn't creat Dialga, we wouldn't have time.
If Arceus didn't create the lake fairies, we wouldn't have humans.
>>
>>26706680
Now, why on earth would I do that?
>>
>>26706723
They are not Fairies.
>>
>>26706743
He means in the physically descriptive sense, not typing sense.
>>
>>26706743
>sprite, elf, pixie
Regardless if they're fairy types or not, their design basis and naming scheme are both that of fairies and classifying them as the Lake Fairies is easier than any other obscure group name.
>>
>>26706723
You mean pixies, nigga
>>
>>26706763
Only one is a pixie and a pixie is under the general classification of fairy.
>>
>>26706749
>>26706751

They are not fairies and shouldn't be acknowledge as that.
>>
>>26706788
What general category would you put pixies, sprites, and elves into, like how a Tiger, Lion dog, and Leopard are put into Beasts? Or how a Simurgh, Phoenix, and a Thunderbird are all put into the legendary birds?
>>
Pokemon Obey you if you have the correct badges everyone knows this.
>>
>>26706806

What the Pokédex call " them".
>>
Pokemon inherently want to get stronger.

Wild Pokemon that appear to trainers wish to test them, to see if they can help them get stronger.

If they allow you to catch them, they see you as someone they can trust to help them get stronger.

You can't catch an unconscious Pokemon, after all.
>>
If I remember right, the official explanation is that Wild Pokemon are jealous of trained Pokemon, which is why they're always ambushing trainers to beat up their Pokemon but never bother attacking the trainer.
>>
>>26706522

I think the story makes it seem like he still has the intelligence of a normal pokémon, so it's not that hard.
>>
File: powers-1.jpg (289 KB, 379x2308) Image search: [Google]
powers-1.jpg
289 KB, 379x2308
>>26706806

Also, All Human in Pokémon Earth have Psychic powers.
>>
I've thought about this before,here's my theory:

When you attempt to catch a pokemon, the pokeball not only stores the pokemon inside of it, but tries to alter its genetics as it does the 3 "wiggles." For example, cats and dogs have genetically evolved to become domesticated, becoming friendly to humans and obeying orders. A pokeball can do this much faster than natural (real world) evolution can, and makes pokemon domesticated. Some pokemon, like caterpie, poochyena, hoothoot, etc. have a high catch rate because their "domestication genes"are easier to change, meaning they're less threatening and powerful pokemon who are already pretty docile. Then you have pokemon like tyranitar (pseudo-legendaries) and, even more so, arceus (legendary) whose genes are much more hardened to be powerful/threatening; they are basically the furthest thing from domesticated. Thus, they have very low catch rates and usually only higher quality/more technologically complex pokeballs can capture them. A capture will be successful when a pokemon's genes have undergone enough re-sequencing to make it submit to being captured, thus making it a trainer's pokemon.
>>
>>26706975
This is my favorite so far
>>
>>26706522
I like to think that Arceus merely deems you worthy of his assistance and limits his power appropriately.

Conversly, the being you catch could also be a mere Avatar he allows you to command
>>
>>26706466
how can the pokedex give name/habits/info of pokemon if it isn't already completed
>>
File: 1462751073545.jpg (44 KB, 400x509) Image search: [Google]
1462751073545.jpg
44 KB, 400x509
Stockholm Syndrome.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.