[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Unpopular opinions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: Pokemon.png (1 MB, 1016x1240) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon.png
1 MB, 1016x1240
Unpopular opinions

Pokemon generations 4-6 has had the best designed pokemon, and out of my favorites from each type, none of them are from gen 1.
>>
>>26705871
>not using mono type pokemon for your favorite of each type
>>
>>26705871
>None from gen 1
That is because you have good taste
>>
>>26705871
>>26705897
Hello, contrarians.
>>
>>26705927
I'm not saying gen 1 has particularly bad designs, it's just none of them stood the test of multiple generations to particularly take #1 for me.

If I made that list in gen 5 there'd be quite a few gen 1 pokemon in the slots that gen 6 currently occupies. Bug for example, but Vivillion and collecting them made me absolutely love the designs, Gogoat is easily the most pleasing grass pokemon to look at. Anyone who thinks Noivern isn't the best dragon is dreaming.

I'm also a sucker for customization, combine that with furfrou being an early route pokemon and a my actual gen 6 bro he stole the normal type spot and probably won't ever leave it, just like crobat will probably never not occupy my favorite flying.
>>
>>26705871
>didn't grow up when pokemon first came out

That's why you don't like any from gen 1
>>
>>26705927
Yeah if this maymay could just die already, that'd be fantastic.
>>
I actually really liked a lot of the designs from gen 4, huge step up from the fucking disaster that was gen 3
>>
File: image.jpg (84 KB, 1000x1226) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84 KB, 1000x1226
>>26705985
>Noivern is the best dragon
objectively wrong
>>
>>26705871
Gens 5 and 6 have had the best designs so far, and gen 7 is looking very promising.
>>
This thread is hideous genwunner bait.
>>
>>26705871
I feel this way.
0 favs from gen 1, I appreciated them when I was 6 and that's all we had but their designs have drastically improved. However there's only so many species they can make, so when it came around to resorting to ice creams and cogs people start saying "this looks like shit, awful design". Well I'm sorry we're going to end up with like 10 turtles, at least they have neat details now. Seriously, compare the shittiest of shit in terms of base design: Garbodour, Vanilluxe etc

compare those to something like Voltorb, Ratata, Pidgey, ekans. It's pretty fucking clear that the shittiest shit of gen V is still better than at least 70% of gen I

Also I don't even think I have favs from gen II but some come close.
>>
>>26705871
>>26705985
>>26711060
I'm very surprised that Vaporeon isn't everyone's favorite Water type
>>
Klefki is adorable and a good design. That it's a pokemon based on an object means nothing in respect to if it's any good or not.

Using the starter all game is boring. Sun may be the first time since Silver that I keep mine in my party past maybe the halfway mark, depending on how much I like Rowlet's evolutions.
>>
>>26711078
Vaporeon is great, but it's not my favorite water pokemon or Eevee evolution. Honestly, my favorite water type is pretty forgettable, bordering on a hipster choice.
>>
>>26711078
I fucked up actually, there is ONE pokemon I like from gen 1 that's a fav of its type. Jolteon.

I like Eeveelutions in general but I like Greninja more than Vaporeon. Vaporeon is definitely up there though, but I like Milotic after Greninja etc.
>>
File: lfpBOQY-Recovered.png (2 MB, 1030x1240) Image search: [Google]
lfpBOQY-Recovered.png
2 MB, 1030x1240
>>26711210
>>26711060
Just for reference, my unpopular opinion:
Legendary and mythical pokemon have the same rights to bro tier due to the shaming you receive for liking them and using them.

I get sick of the "but shaymin is uber and a legendary" crap. If you think you're too good for a legendary, if you don't like them for some autistic reason, then don't bitch at me for your taste in weaker pokemon. I am a karenfag through and through, it just happens to be that what I like is either strong, legendary or decent. It's literally not my fault that they're made that way, I like their design and I'm not gonna just use ferrothorn and rotom to suit everyone elses little safe haven boxing culture.
>>
>>26711283
Nobody should be shamed for using what they like just because it happens to be good. I've liked Kangaskhan since 1998 and its mega being strong doesn't mean I am not going to use it.
>>
>>26711349
the problem is that people have this idea that the weaker or uglier a pokemon is, the more entitled you are to call it a bro. So when someone comes along and says Yveltal is their bro other people do the whole "ubers aren't bros" shit. Like there's some rule to it other than being something you love and will always use in a team.

Friends of mine refuse to battle me when I have Shaymin in my team using the excuse that its uber so I'm at an advantage. Well what? Do you expect me to trade out my fav pokemon so you can use your weak ass pokemon? The point is that you're meant to use what you like, even if the odds are against you. The funny thing is that when they begin ruling out stronger pokemon, they just jump to the next best thing to suit their needs or until their favourite is now relevant - which is rather one sided. I'm not saying that it's everyone, but a lot of people into the meta get like this.
>>
>>26711550
by I'm at a disadvantage I mean they're at a disadvantage.
>>
I wish Vanillish and Vanilluxe were part Ghost type.
>>
>>26711078
Vaporeon is boring. Especially in a type filled with so many interesting mons.
>>
>>26711283
Karenfag here. Meloetta, Diancie, and Hoopa are my bros and I use them whenever possible.

I feel you, anon.
>>
>>26711283
>That Giratina
Good job anon, favourite legendary
>>
>>26705871
Humans should be able to maul Pokémon by themselves.
>>
>>26705985
>>26711030
You're both wrong.
>>
>>26711190
Which is?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.