[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I like them individually, but...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 630x420
I feel like the other generations starters looked good together. Maybe it's just because we haven't seen a whole lot of them yet, but I just don't think these starters look that great together. I think it might be that each of their eyes are wildly different. But I like all of them a lot by themselves. Am I crazy or does anyone else feel this way too?
>>
Its Popplio. The other two look fine together.
>>
None of their colour palettes or general geometry is similar.

Look at the gen I starters, similar colour palette, similar head shapes and facial features, unified design decisions.
>>
>>26704753
Litten is the first Fire starter with no orange on him and Popplio is the only Water starter with that specific, dark-blue color. They look really unique and don't mesh well in pictures like yours where they're together, you're right, but they are individually awesome.
>>
>>26704802
Also Rowlet's brown and blue-teal green leaves.
>>
I cannot wait to see there second evos. The theories that will pop up on there finals will make for good discussion.
>>
>>26704802
This. You're completely right. I didn't really notice it, but once we start seeing all the fan art of all the fire starters together, litten is going to stick out like a sore thumb. Same with popplio. Heck, probably Rowlet too. If you look at art of the current grass starters chespin sticks out because he has so much brown. And he's a mammal. I guess that's just what we get as time goes on. If every starter looked the same as the last generation it would get boring.
>>
>>26704837
I can't wait either! I loved the idea of a circus theme that had went around. Rowlet as the ring leader, litten as the tiger, and popplio as a clown. Amazing.
>>
>>26704753
the only gen that has the ensemble starters done well is Gen 6, and only because we're familiar with the ensemble they made
>>
I plan to soft reset to get a female starter. Then hatch 2 eggs to trade for the other two starters. I hope we get early access to a daycare.
>>
The Alola starters are definitely unique. But don't you think it's kinda awesome that they are so much different from the rest of the starter Pokemon? "It all comes together" in these new games so we're going to have some sort of ground breaking game play here; I'm expecting a Pokemon skin on the yokai watch over world and a good chunk of nice new as Professor Kukui says "rare" Pokemon. Therefore this game is going to be amazing.
>>
Rowlet is so adorable
>>
>>26704753
I feel that way too
>>
File: black-white-starters.jpg (25 KB, 450x205) Image search: [Google]
black-white-starters.jpg
25 KB, 450x205
I know we don't like these guys, but I've always thought for some reason they look really good together.
>>
File: sameeyes.png (213 KB, 704x492) Image search: [Google]
sameeyes.png
213 KB, 704x492
>>
Where's that collage that had all the starters rearranged in different groups? I think one of them was Torchic/Rowlet/Piplup, another might have been Charmander/Treecko/Totodile? Can't recall the rest...
>>
>>26704826
I think this guy is on to something. People aren't gonna want to hear this, but I don't think Rowlet looks like a starter. It's cute as fuck and everything, and I hope its evolutions do more for it, but it looks more like the early-route bird of the gen.
>>
>>26707881
Because their body shapes in that image draw your eyes from left to right.

Start with Snivy's nose, wind down the body to the leaf. That points to Tepig's tail and leads on to the head. Finally Oshawott's right hand is pointing to Tepig's face, and your eye jumps to Oshawott's body.
>>26708098
These guys aren't on the same level/ground, causing the eyes to work more to see all three, and the only one who allows any kind of 'flow' is Popplio to Litten with its right flipper.
>>
I agree. That was the first thing I thought when I saw them all together. Their colors are all really bold or bright, so they each stand out too much next to one another. They're all nice starters though. Team Litten atm.
>>
>>26708245
Honestly thats fine, this shakes up the designs in an appealing way rather than sticking closely to the color schemes the last 6 generations.
>>
>>26704801
>>26704798
I think it's these two reasons.

I felt the same way, OP. Nothing against them as pokemon, they all look fine, but when they were first revealed my instant thought was "how random?". It felt like they gave us Ferroseed, Growlithe, and Barboach as starters. Just totally random dex mons.

Their color schemes are a lot more different than normal. Litten is primarily black, and Rowlet is primarily beige. It carries much less of that classic, easy to identify RBG color scheme.

On top of that, Popplio is both an unusual animal and an unusual design. Again, nothing wrong with this Popplio lovers, but owls and cats are much more "common", "basic" animals than a sea lion. Plus it's design is intentionally goofy looking, so it sticks out more.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.