[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So who else is trashing their starters right out the gate in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 1460850445930.png (228 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1460850445930.png
228 KB, 600x600
So who else is trashing their starters right out the gate in Sun&Moon?
The early game shitmon look more appealing, to me at least.
>>
>ditching your starter in the first run of a game
Even when I played White, I tried to use my Serperior on my team. I had to give him up after the 8th gym and he was totally outclassed by Sawsbuck, but still.
>>
>>26703494
>Implying we haven't done that shit ever since gen 3
>>
File: is this b8.png (27 KB, 527x409) Image search: [Google]
is this b8.png
27 KB, 527x409
>>26703494
>>
>>26703515
The only thing that could save these starters for me is if they have good evos. Their first stages are not appealing or charming to me at all. They aren't even outright ugly or badly designed, they just don't look like pokemon to me.
I'm sure this opinion has been said of multiple generations but still, that's what I feel.
>>
File: 4568.png (480 KB, 722x485) Image search: [Google]
4568.png
480 KB, 722x485
>>26703546
Why would this be bait?
>>
>>26703575
desu, these are the best starters we've gotten in years and I find it hard to believe that OP wouldn't like any of them
>>
>>26703615
Honestly, you are right.
However, this doesn't means they are good.
You can dress up a turd like a fucking princess if you like, but it will always be a piece of shit.
These starters may be better than the gen 5 ones, but still are shit.
>>
>>26703615
>these are the best starters we've gotten in years
That's subjective, don't ya think?
>I find it hard to believe that OP wouldn't like any of them
I understand a some people like them a lot, that's why I added the qualifier; "...to me at least."
None of the pokemon look all that interesting to me. I understand that's still just my opinion, but I was just curious how many people here shared it.
Neither of our biases really make this thread bait.
>>
>>26703645
I liked Oshawatt, and the rest weren't straight up offensive either. I guess there's that whole subjectivity thing again.
>>
>>26703515
>having a 5 year old mentality of hurr starters r gods
>>
My favorite Alola Pokemon so far is Rowlet, so no I won't box my starter.

Plus only the first stages have been shown, seems premature to decide you hate them before seeing their evos.
>>
>>26703752
I suppose you are right about the lack of foresight on my decision based soley of their first stages.
Also, I never said I hate them, I just said the don't appeal to me.
Thank you for sharing your opinion on the matter btw
>>
It depends on what the final stages look like but right now I'm leaning towards boxing the starter as soon as I can catch something else. It'll be the first time I've ever done that in a first playthrough but for the first time I don't like any of the starters base stages
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.