[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Honestly my ideal number of new pokemon is between 90 and 100.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 1
File: 1462882699034.png (364 KB, 696x510) Image search: [Google]
1462882699034.png
364 KB, 696x510
Honestly my ideal number of new pokemon is between 90 and 100. I'd be ok with anything up to 115 but I'd rather not go any higher than that.

I'd much rather we slow down on pokemon numbers and work on fixing more old mons. But I dont want to slow down so hard we only get 72 of them.
>>
>>26702414
They won't fix old Pokemon, get over it. However, they are making better Pokemon.
>>
My ideal is as many possible, preferably 150+ like B/W

My realistic ideal is 110 or more excluding megas.

Not buying if less than 100 new pokemon, I'll just pirate it.
>>
>>26702470
A constantly rising Power Creep and more and more placeholder mons that are never used doesnt sound like a great future for pokemon

But it does sound like a believable future
>>
>>26702414
No. 200+ new mons, any less, I quit.
>>
I'd like somewhere around 125, and I don't think that's really unrealistic
>>
>>26702498
This

>>26702414
No, fuck off with that nostalgiafag shit, you already had Gen 6.
>>
>>26702508
>using the term power creep unironically
>>
>>26702498
Even if it has the same amount of good mons as usual?

I never get why the numbers are more important than the number you like.

I find it easier to make a team with stuff I like in Gen 6 than Gen 3.

>>26702527
How is that nostalgiafag shit?
>>
>>26702536
>How is that nostalgiafag shit?
Less pokemon is literally what they want.
>>
>>26702414
I want more cross gen evos

BW was only so big because it had none.
>>
>>26702536
>Even if it has the same amount of good mons as usual?
Yes, still a pirate.

I want to make teams of entirely new pokemon, part of the charm of new gens is using a team free of old pokemon in your first run and going on a whole new adventure.

I never use old mons in my first runs of new gens and having variety in that first run makes or breaks the game for me.

More mons also means better chances at better designs, Gen 5 had some shit but it also had a fuckton of gems too because of its huge roster.

Volcarona is now my favorite pokemon.

More mons means more changes to all the tiers in the smogon meta, it adds a breath of fresh air because not everyone only plays OU.

No buy if less than 100 pokemon, not a chance.
>>
>>26702545
Nostalgiafags dont care, they want to download Red and Blue off the eshop and bitch on facebook about new designs without ever playing the games.

>>26702550
This too. I'm worried if these are gone completely.
>>
Gen 5 had 156 and the only ones I particularly disliked were the monkeys and Tornadus/Landorus.
Quality and quantity can happen, and I wish people would stop pretending gen 6 had either.
>>
>>26702498
>I'll just pirate it.

Will you? will you really? Enjoy playing in "glorious" 2D on your crappy PC then. Do they have working 3DS emulators now I haven't been keeping track.
>>
>>26702600
Look at this triggered, dumb little drone.
Piracy on 3DS is piss easy if you're smart.
>>
>>26702535
>getting mad over the use of a common term
How do you even use it ironically? Christ you are such a huge fucking faggot.
>>
>>26702594
>Quality and quantity can happen
True, we're too conditioned to think they're opposites or that quality is inherently better.

> I wish people would stop pretending gen 6 had either.
>Froakie line
>Fletchling line
>Pancham line
>Inkay line
>Binacle line
>Skrelp line
>Heliolisk
>Hawlucha
>Klefki
>Bergmite line
>Noivern
>Xerneas, Yveltal and Zygarde

It has plenty of quality.
>>
>>26702613
It being common doesn't mean it's good or makes sense, it's still stupid.

>How do you even use it ironically?
Either don't use or don't mean it seriously
>>
>>26702414

New Pokémon are the reason, why the Pokémon Franchise still is alive and well.
>>
>>26702600
I have CFW on my 3DS you stupid nigger.

I'm a huge moralfag, I'm buting multipel copies of DQ VII to support DQ localizations.

But I can't support Gamefreak if they're doing less than 100 again, I excused it last gen because they had to model all pokemon, but now that they only need to make gen 7 models they have no excuse for less than 100 mons at all.

Also Citra is the only viable 3DS emulator and it's focusing on compatibility and accuracy before speed.

Right now it's very accurate and all they need to do is add the dynarec and work on audio a bit more.

Dynarec should be done by early 2017 and the dynarec is what will usher it into true playability.
>>
>>26702562
I get that, I suppose.

Maybe because I started with Crystal, Ive never once thought about doing a run using only pokemon from that Gen. Actually, I'm doing a HeartGold playthrough and might try that, though that means using an Ampharos again.

>>26702594
I'm not actually arguing that less is better because of that, Gen V had mostly great mons. I just think the number is growing too fast. Not Youkai Watch fast but still.

>>26702600
Dont you scroll past the hacking General on here like, all the time?
>>
they should just make as many as they want
i don't want them padding a dex with shitty filler mons just to meet some arbitrary quota
>>
>>26702612
Look at this triggered, dumb little poorfag.
Owning a 3DS is piss easy if you have a job.
>>
>>26702594
Gen 5 had a few stinkers but it had far more gems than it did shit.

All gens had a few stinkers though, you're completely right that you can have both.

>>26702622
>Binacle line
>Hawlucha
>Klefki

These are ugly as shit, but you're right all those you listed otherwise are good at worst.
>>
>>26702668
>ugly=bad design
>>
>>26702642
>Ive never once thought about doing a run using only pokemon from that Gen.
It's great, you make new bros that you would never have otherwise.

It really adds the new adventure feel to the game, I love oldgen mons but I need to experience a new gen using only new mons for my first run every time because it's a great experience that lets you truly experience all the new content the game has to offer.
>>
>>26702679
Hawklucha and klefiki are genuine bad designs.

I dislike the binacle line but you could argue it's a creative design I suppose, but not the others.
>>
Was talking to a friend about the rock doggo and the koala, and he unironically says "I hope they only add about 50 new pokemon, and then loads of evolutions/megas"
>>
>>26702649
This. They really shouldnt be pokemon that exist purely to meet a number. Well, that exists every Gen I assume, but they shouldnt be forced to do too much

>>26702698
I think I might just do this for SM, even if I dont want too many. The real problem is if they space new mons too far away from the first couple towns like Gens 2 and 6. I really dont want to use a fucking Ariados.
>>
>>26702707
I could see why you may consider Hawlucha a bad design(it isnt) but Klefki is great, Ariga should take some notes from it.
>>
>>26702723
For me, Klefki is bad because the keys are always the same. If they had say, 10 keyes and put them in a random order every time you saw them it'd probably be GOAT. But now it's just eh.
>>
>>26702658
>what is reading comprehension
>>
>>26702414
>Considering that we should get a low number of new pokemon
Kill yourself.

But seriously, I'd like to see at least 150 new pokemon. Would be better if we got 250 new pokemon and 20 old pokemon in it
>>
>>26702629
You are fucking dense
>>
>>26702414

Why do you want so few
>>
>>26702823
That sounds fucking ridiculous.

>>26702848
I feel the number is growing too fast. Especially if Gens are becoming shorter.
>>
>>26703087
>Especially if Gens are becoming shorter.
Except they're not?

It's been the same release schedule since the start for new gens?
>>
>>26703087

The whole point of Pokemon is to catch pokemon. It's not fun if you are catching the same ones over and over again
>>
>>26703406
This.

I'd rather a flat out reboot over less new mons, although I'd much rather us have a fuckton of pokemon in general.
>>
>>26703087
>I wanna catch the same pokemon again and again!

fuck off, no franchise will ever reach the level of pokemon in terms of monster collecting and variety and the series should be proud of that, fuck you faggots ruining the franchise
>>
>>26703406
>>26703447
>>I wanna catch the same pokemon again and again

less means none now? 100 is still a lot. You really think 150+ is the standard? Gen 2 gave us 100 and Gen 4 gave us 107 or so. This is barely any different than what we usually get.

The games dont need more pokemon to make things feel new, just better distribution. 450 pokemon and 69 new ones was fucking retarded, I dont want that.

>>26703405
Gen V was two years and Gen 6 was only 3 because they finally stopped with the one game a year shit
>>
>>26703510
B/W: Sep 2010
X/Y: October 2013

3 years
>>
>>26703510

The games need more new pokémon.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.