[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think Nintendo is holding Pokemon back?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: 1456319625444.png (46 KB, 961x532) Image search: [Google]
1456319625444.png
46 KB, 961x532
Do you think Nintendo is holding Pokemon back?
>>
>>26698161
I'd say yes only if Game Freak wasn't for the idea of PokeBank and monthly feeding the Nintendo Beast.
I think both are starting to not matter outside of Smash though, but I'm sure sales would shut me up real fast.
>>
Isn't it speculated that the heads of Pokemon want to be more independent?
>>
>>26698161
They've begun to slowly expand to phones (pokemon go) with probably the most ragtag underfunded team possible due to nintendo's internal meddling.

Wouldn't mind seeing pokemon becoming a smartphone thing eventually especially if the nintendo nx turns out to be another slap to the face.
>>
>>26698161

No sonyggers, Nintendo isn't in charge of what Gamefreak does
>>
>>26698161
Game freak is holding pokemon back boss
PSMD and the other MDs is the proof

Pokemon is probably the recongisable and popular franchise in the world, with huge potential for creativity, but look at what happened with gen6
>>
>>26698197

>Blaming Nintendo on Gamefreak's incompetence on how to share Dev teams

Gamefreak is independent on themselves, everything they do is their fault
>>
>>26698197
>Wouldn't mind seeing pokemon becoming a smartphone thing
Why do you faggots always say this? Why would you WANT this?
>>
Nintendo wil be gone in a couple of years anyway (we all know the NX will flop), so maybe Game Freak will be free somehow. ;^)
>>
>>26698197
but those smartphone games aren't profitable
>>
>>26698220
>mystery dungeon
If I wanted a chore-simulator with no real difficulty-progression and a cookie-cutter story with less depth than what you can find in the children's section of the library then I'd be the first to call you.
But really, I don't mean to shit on your taste or anything. Can you please let the adults talk here for a moment?
>>
Proof that Game Freak is the one making poor decisions:
>no Drill Dozer 2
>>
>>26698358
it might've just been me but Drill Dozer had so much fucking slow-down.
>>
>>26698351
>Implying Mystery Dungeon isn't even more of a chore
You're right on story though. Wrong on being a condescending douche on an anonymous image board.
>>
>>26698233
It's the only logical route if nintendo resigns from hardware.

Back in the day mobile notifications/communication devices like pagers and early wireless brickphone were years behind things like gameboys but in just over decade not only have they lapped that technology but also all current handheld tech.

Everyone has a smartphone these days. Those that don't usually more often than not can't afford them as they're $500+ but this price gap is also quickly closing as manufacturing for smartphones becomes more streamlined bringing it's prices down. Then on the other spectrum, gaming handhelds are still playing catch up and inadvertently handheld prices are rising now too.

Maybe things will change and some brand new technology or innovation will continue to cement gaming handhelds as being viable for a few more years but at this point it's almost an inevitability that mobile gaming will consolidate behind smartphones.
>>
>>26698351
>I have shit taste
>I'm le grown up meme
I want summerfags to leave. Yeah MD games are flawed, but that's because their genre is niche at best. Nonetheless, pokemon's spinoffs are surprisingly high quality (ranger series, conquest, MD, not mobile shit like shuffle) their own genres, compared to how Pokémon mainline games are the junk food of JRPGs
>>
>>26698351
Off to reddit edgelord
>>
File: image.gif (693 KB, 339x279) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
693 KB, 339x279
>>26698351
Get a load of this faggot.
>>
>>26698461
Nothing strange actually
Pokemon players usually don't play any other video game on 3DS
How would they know any better?
>>
>Nintendo is getting its ass kicked in the console space, NX probably won't do much
>Nintendo getting its ass kicked by smartphones in the handheld space, NX probably won't make a difference
Where does Nintendo go from here?
>>
>>26698558
VR. Pokemon Go was all a ruse.
>>
>>26698419
No nigger, I mean why do YOU want it? There's no game platform worse than mobile, in every sense.
>>
>>26698726
My opinion doesn't really matter. When I move to support something I look at facts and the circumstantial evidence.
>>
>>26698161
Is this thread proof that /v/ here in spades?
>>
>>26698405
But I called MD games a chore. I'm not sure if there's a distinction between severity of chores. I never made such an implication as I deemed it besides the point.

>>26698429
?

>>26698435
>>26698461
These type of posts are essentially worse than the post you're condemning, do realize that.
>>
>>26698777
I'm not sure if you needed proof for something quite obvious. Not that I would understand how you got that impression from the OP.
>>
>>26698802
I wasn't sure. Your response seemed to be disagreement with the person you were talking to, but I assumed they were speaking low of MD. As such, I thought you were saying regular Pokémon games were a chore.
>>
>>26698978
regular ones can be a chore if you make them into one, but they're generally pure gameplay
>>
>>26698161
this graph is the result of weird circumstance, honestly. who's just going to search nintendo by itself? people are going to search the more specific names, like pokemon or zelda. its not because nintendo is unpopular, its just that people don't tend to look for cars by searching honda, or search for microsoft for computers or something. it makes sense, but its just not what people are putting into the search field..
>>
>>26698754
>My opinion doesn't really matter. When I move to support something I look at facts and the circumstantial evidence.
EXCEPT IT DOES YOU GIGANTIC FAGGOT. THE FUCKING QUESTION IS "Why do you want it?" THE QUESTION IS NOT "Do you think it will happen?"

THOSE TWO QUESTIONS OVERLAP IN NO GODDAMN WAY. KILL YOURSELF, YOU LOW FUNCTION AUTIST.

Fuck.
>>
>>26699392
>zelda
zelda has less search inquiries than Nintendo at any given time point in history. I was already aware of that and tested it
>>
>>26698187
the ceo of GF and the inventor of Pokemon, sees Miyamoto as his Mentor and honored him with calling Gary in the japanese anime Shigeru.

sure bro, and don´t forget publishing rights are on Nintendo, 1/3 of the whole Franchise is owned by Creatures Inc, a studio of....Nintendo.
>>
Gamefreak themselves were always the reason pokemon is the way it is. All of it's core functions were their decision, not Nintendo's, and that core continues to be at the root of all of pokemon's problems.

Also, I still believe that as long as handhelds offer something other than arcade drivel, they will continue to live.
>>
>>26699465
being wrong with one of my examples of a more specific name doesn't make my statements somehow debunked. search terms have a lot of factors go into why theyre the way they are. it's circumstantial. nintendo isn't somehow declining because it has less searches than pokemon, it's just that pokemon is a commonly searched thing and many other factors go into these things. you cannot judge a company name and a game name on the same scale, because people just don't use search engines like that. use your brain. think of why all of this occurs. it's not so simple. the search amounts can't really be compared.
>>
>>26699809
>being proven wrong doesn't make me a hypocrite
No, you're a hypocrite for the reasons mentioned.
Keep up will ya.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.