[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"The Secret"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 13
File: image.jpg (72 KB, 363x520) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72 KB, 363x520
Ok, so hear me out. I know that the secret that the 3 starters and Rockweiller share is probably just that they get Megas, or something simple like that.

But there's something I've been thinking about. Firstly, it's a pure rock Pokemon that doesn't really look like it. In color scheme only, really. Maybe with the rock collar... Anyway, he also vaguely fits the household pet theme that the starters are going for (that Popplio kind of ruins).

Anyway, the biggest thing is the type. Pure Rock? On a Pokemon shown so closely with the starter Pokemon? That is overtly set beside the starters as if they were equals?

Long story short, is it possible that Iwanko is a FOURTH starter? I know I'm not good at making arguments, but the type chart would fit. Grass/Flying has a strength and weakness to Rock, Water is strong against it, Fire is weak. Of course the evolutions will probably have subtypes, but maybe they even fit this motif. Or maybe we get mostly pure starters with Rowlet being the only exception. This wouldn't be totally unheard of.

I think a Pokemon square and a fourth starter would be awesome. Either way, Rockweiller has solidified (ha) a spot on my team.

I know you guys will probably find a ton of holes in this theory, but play along with me. What would this do for the series and the S/M storyline?
>>
Rowlet is Air
Litten is Fire
Popplio is Water
Iwanko is Earth
>>
>>26697770
OP here.
Nice job, anon. I needed something more solid (heh) to back up my theory!
>>
File: Pokemon.png (2 MB, 2679x1790) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon.png
2 MB, 2679x1790
>>26697770
There's another theory that the trio leader represents the fifth element.
>>
>>26697770
>only dry things burn
>air is always warm
>water is always cold
>earth is always dry
tfw instead of actual medieval alchemy, all the surviving texts were shitposts
>>
>>26697725
It is not the 4th starter
Did you see it on the platform?
You retard the only thing it probably shares with the starters are Earth Wind Fire Water.
Its probably invovled with the storyline
>>
If it was a fourth starter, they would have revealed it when they revealed the trio, or at least hint that there would be a fourth starter.
>>
>>26697725
>the household pet theme that the starters are going for
literally only litten fits this description
>>
I heard that there is 6 starters
Earth Wind Fire Light Dark Water
>>
OP are you the same person that believe those Type files are the starters next evolution types ?
Yes or No either way you are bogus
>>
Starter seems unlikely.

Megas/Synchro/Synergy forms, maybe.

Each having a signature move could be a thing too.
>>
>>26697725
>owls are household pets

What are you even talking about?
>>
>>26697906
That's a bird though...
>>
>>26697972
And? Not all birds are household pets.
By your logic, sealions are household pets, because they're mammals.
>>
This just in: badgers and whales are pets, because they're mammals, just like hamsters.
>>
File: 1456166917043.gif (2 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1456166917043.gif
2 MB, 500x500
>>26697972
>>
>>26697820
> or at least hint that there would be a fourth starter.

They have given it.
>>
>>26697972
All birds are pets now. Gonna go buy me an ostrich.
>>
File: 052012_0822_HedwigAndOw1.jpg (81 KB, 836x801) Image search: [Google]
052012_0822_HedwigAndOw1.jpg
81 KB, 836x801
>>26697906
well... if you're a wizard I guess
>>
>>26698100
That was so vague that it could mean anything.
>>
>>26697972
>implying owls are birds
how can you be this retarded
>>
It'll be an early game handout with special snowflake lore like Lucario.
>>
>>26697906
They were a semi-popular pet in some places after Harry Potter, before people realized they're a bitch to take care of.
>>
>>26698172
Someone out there has tried to keep any animal you can imagine as a pet at some point. This is a terrible excuse for a pattern.
>>
>>26697725
inb4 rog is normal/rock
>dat 4x fighting weakness
>>
>>26697972
>owls are birds
ISHYGDDT
>>
>>26697725
>>26697770
If it were a starter then we woudn't have seen him woth a random person
>>
>>26697725
We've already seen the cutscene where you select your starter.

I swear, you all don't think for even a second.
>>
File: itallcomestogether.png (1024 KB, 1102x910) Image search: [Google]
itallcomestogether.png
1024 KB, 1102x910
>>
>>26697801
>AZ created the immortality weapon
>it was powered by Xerneas and Yveltal
>Zygarde is the Caduceus, and Azoth itself
OH FUCK
>>
>>26697972
No, that's an owl.
>>
what if their link is "alchemy " each of them have 3 alternative évolution.
For the dog rock/water , rock/grass, rock/fire
the same concept for the 3 starters.

One choice for the starters and a second choice for his evolution.

"Alchemy" is the key word about this mystery , i'm sure about that , and that would be pretty cool to have more choice during the game
>>
>>26697809
If Iwanko is based off of the Poi dog, those dogs were given to children for good luck charms. So would we be given one sometime during the story then?
>>
Or 2 alternative évolution/mégaévolution/synergie/alchemy "solar" and "lunar".

They are bond with the new concept of evolution/mega introduced in sun/moon

sun , moon , salt , sulfure , mercury , rock ......alchemy , magearna=white queen and volcanion= red king , they are alchemic fusion of sun and moon , and zydarde is ouroboros protector of the earth , it will have 5 others legendary with an astral theme ( mars, venus , jupiter, saturne , mercury ) and an event tiny star
>>
>>26698440
>>26698515
>all those é
Is this a Mexican thing?
>>
>>26698589

Their is more than only one source of inspiration

https://lesseptsceaux.wordpress.com/2015/01/04/le-soleil-et-la-lune/

Sorry it's a french site but use a translator it explains everything
>>
>>26698652
>Their is more than only one source of inspiration

Are you using Babelfish?
>>
The Matter First of Elders , Celle out that they bring , is symbolized by the Great Serpent , the Circle will pay either formants bite the tail ( Ouroboros ) but bypassed FULLY Around the Moon and Sun around Partially. Sagit of officer fluidic year , which is not later Essence , purpose in his dual polarization, or of the two opposite heads L Monster . ' June is the Lion Ground , last fixed condensing ardor Owned the Other to Eagle volatility Who Tend to dissolution and dispersion _their_ body in the ether that substance.
The Energy compactisante involutrice (Lion) is in the Grand Agent in constant struggle with the expansive tension ( Eagle) . Moon and Sun play the Role of coils induction , vital stimulatory aware of the eternal
>>
>>26698700
Lol wut
>>
>>26697829
>>never having a pet bird
>>
>>26698700
Where does bats fit in? And don't just say moon. If it's symbolic that the sun legendary is a lion, why wouldn't the moon legendary be an animal that fit that theme?
>>
The union of the solar and lunar aspect of the anima and animus , is represented in alchemy by Rebis ( res - Bina , meaning dual thing) a body with two heads sharing the attributes of man especially those of women. This being also symbolizes the union of Sulphur and Mercury , philosophical marriage in the cosmic egg , as described in " Wedding Chymical " work attributed to Christian Rosenkreutz , where red and white queen king die reborn then unite with each other.
>>
>>26698721
>having a pet owl
anon pls
>>
>>26698721
>all birds are pets
>all mammals are pets now too, because cats and dogs are mammals
>>
>>26698010
>implying sealions are mammals
>>
>>26698742
And that's related to bats and dogs how?
>>
File: 1461171389069.png (349 KB, 1024x830) Image search: [Google]
1461171389069.png
349 KB, 1024x830
>>26697972
>>
>>26698766
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_lion_(disambiguation)
>>
>>26697725
The text literally sets the dog apart from the starters by saying something along the lines of "Your first partner and Iwanko have something hidden within". It's a hint at the new mechanic.
>>
File: 1457984953476.jpg (18 KB, 259x224) Image search: [Google]
1457984953476.jpg
18 KB, 259x224
>>26698781
Of course someone would've fallen for the obvious bait
>>
>>26698774
this is related to volcanion =red king and magearna=white queen "wedding chymical"

but alchemy is a central theme so it's related to starters and the dog too
>>
>>26698796
>expecting alchemist kids to be literate
>>
>>26698781
How new are you?
>>
>>26698721
Owls aren't true birds...
>>
>>26698805
Still waiting for the explanation for the bat. Anything can be a pattern or a theme if you just willfully ignore the parts that don't fit.
>>
>>26698721
Who the fuck brought up birds? Where do birds even come into this
>>
>>26698845
This. We just mentioned owls up to now, you faggots
>>
>>26697725
How can the dog be "muh special snowflake starter" when it is clearly shown to just be a common Pokemon, evidenced by the first trailer it appeared in alongside some random kid. The only special thing it will have will be a tie in to the new battle mechanic, whether it is synchro bullshit or move shenanigans.
>>
>>26698835
Like i said before , their is more than one source of inspiration , for X and Y it was a remix of nordic mythology , + yveltal was already a " bird" , so i think it would be a bad thing for the moon to be a "bird" too , so it's a bat because bat are related to the night and the night to the moon....
>>
>>26698900
So it's a theme, because you're throwing away the parts that don't fit. That's nonsense.
>>
>>26698900
And both gen 1 and 2 had legendary birds, dumdum.
>>
>>26698900
This is the kind of shit that makes the whole
>it is totally alchemy based guyz, deepest lore
thing fall apart. The inspiration for the designs is there, but I don't think that it will shape the story of the games.
>>
>>26698440
I like this a lot, Iwanko's evolution typing depends on which starter you picked.
>>
>>26698949
I bet it will have a connection to the various special stones (evolutionary stones, Synchro crystal things, Mega Stones, the Moon itself) which is why it's pure Rock and not part Normal. Its evo's typing will vary based on the stone used to evolve it, and the stone a NPC gives you is based on the starter you picked.
>>
>>26698915

Yes it's one of the themes , a central theme , but not the only one as nordic mythology was not the only theme of X et Y , as meteorology was not the only theme of ruby/saphire .

In each generation their is a theme related to science , in X and Y it was the theme was the theaory of Awakening (Mega-Evolution) , and i dont forget astronomy for 3G , 4G and now 7g

7G = alchemy , astronomy , synergy and tourism ....

It's just what i think
>>
>>26699009
This is probably the most autistic excuse for believing that the games will be centered around alchemy I've seen.
>>
>>26699009
I'm pretty sure you don't know what a theme is.
>>
>>26699036

You just want to say " no you're wrong "
I dont say i'm right , just dont exclude a theory when none of us kwow the truth

Or explain it better , till then shut up
>>
>>26699090
Your "theory" is a complete mess with holes the size of a bus. Don't get butthurt if nobody's buying it.

And just because it's technically not possible to prove a negative, doesn't mean we must humor you, or aren't allowed to point out how nonsense it is. Sorry.
>>
>>26697770
>>
>>26699090
Problem with the whole alchemy theory is that we know jack shit about the games' story. As some have pointed out before, we can see the designs for Solgaleo, Magearna and Litten seem to have an alchemy motif to them, but the rest that have been revealed don't really have that incorporated at all. Besides, it is a children's game, so I don't expect that SM will have alchemy tied in as the main story point of the game.

Also, if anything the secret that corocoro talks about is probably a reference to the new mechanic that will come with the games. It may be synchro evolution, or maybe it will be something totally different. Kukui's move research might be the best hint we currently have about that and the general theme of the games.
>>
File: 1441824783614.jpg (16 KB, 325x325) Image search: [Google]
1441824783614.jpg
16 KB, 325x325
>>26698355
>Eevee
>Rockweiler
>Yellow version

How does any of this make any fucking sense?

The only way it would work is if Rockweiler was the 4th starter that Blue picks in Yellow...

>tfw Lilly gets Rockweiler
>tfw its final evo turns out to have some form of STAB typing that effectively allows it to counter them all in some way
>>
The secret is alchemy pokemon can fuse together.
>>
>>26699177
> Espurr
>>
>>26699177
>look mom, I can pose it onto a shape!
>>
>>26698988
This. Eevee meets Burmy meets the elemental monkeys.
>Fire Stone (handed out if you chose Rowlet)
Rock/Fire
>Water Stone (handed out if you chose Popplio)
Rock/Ice
>Thunder Stone (handed out if you chose Litten)
Rock/Electric
>Leaf Stone
Rock/Poison
>Moon Stone
Rock/Ghost
>Sun Stone
Rock/Steel
>Shiny Stone
Rock/Fairy
>Dusk Stone
Rock/Dark
>Dawn Stone
Rock/Normal (with different abilities based on gender)
>>
>OP gets BTFO'd about his theory
>Doesn't reply anymore
Like pottery.
>>
>>26699504
Would you rather that he kept going?
>>
>>26699514
Just to see more autistic shitposting.
>>
>>26699528
The boy thinks owls are pets, I wouldn't expect much.
>>
File: image.jpg (137 KB, 800x1042) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
137 KB, 800x1042
I want to cuddle with Iwanko
>>
>>26699561
Well, that was fast.
>>
>>26699504
OP here.
I kinda just thought it would be cool to have a fourth choice. We've had the triangle for 20 years, and honestly somewhere around platinum I started hoping for a starter of each type, except maybe the real OP ones like dragon, etc. but at least more options than just the main 3.

Am I the only one that wants this? If so, I'll take all the hate this thread gave me. I just found a wandering thought interesting. If there are others, I'd like to hear about possible options. Hell, it's not like the shit we talk about on here makes any difference. It's just nice to dream.
>>
>>26699561
How in the world did someone make this that fast?
>>
>>26699596
>all this backpedaling

OP, you specifically asked of this was possible, and now you're trying to play misunderstood victim.
>>
>>26699353

>Water Stone (handed out if you chose Popplio)
>Rock/Ice
>Ice

Uh...
>>
>>26699606
the world is filled with fascinating people
>>
>>26699353
>>Thunder Stone (handed out if you chose Litten)
>Rock/Electric

The fuck.
>>
>>26699621
>>all this hate
Why not just add to the conversation or move to a different thread?
>>
>>26699667
Boohoo, someone destroyed your nonsense theory. What a terrible tragedy.
>>
>>26699667
Hate is a strong word, drama queen.
>>
>>26699667
I've added to the conversation by answering your initial question. If that's too much for you, you're in the wrong place.
>>
>>26699627
4x effective against Rowlet
>>
>>26699667
>Being this much of a bitch
Sure feels like summer in here.
>>
File: 1465333905367.png (68 KB, 435x352) Image search: [Google]
1465333905367.png
68 KB, 435x352
>>26699667
>>
>>26697725
I don't think it will be a starter since they already showed the screen where you pick between the 3 starters. Maybe he is just a pet that belongs to your family and he can help you find wild pokemon and shit.

So I would not consider he is technically a starter but it might be a pokemon you get early on similar to a starter.

Also you can't box him and he doesn't count as part of your party.
>>
>>26699353
>Fire Stone if you choose Rowlett.
>Electric Stone if you choose Litten.
What.
What the fuck.
Why and how are you this fucking retarded?
>>
>>26699353
>Rowlet gets something it's weak to
>the others get something to kill what it's weak to
No
>>
>OP tries to backpedal
>Gets BTFO'd once again
Still like pottery.
>>
>>26699873
I kinda want him to try again, just to see it a third time.
>>
Just had another thought about Iwanko. What if the secret the Rock Puppy and the three starters share is that, going off the whole alchemy idea and just based on past evolution methods. The Pokemon Iwanko evolves into has a duel type based on which starter you pick? Either the same type or the type that your starter happens to be weak/ strong against? Making this gens equivalent of Rock Eevee but needing Pokemon instead of evolution stones.
>>
>>26699979
>alchemy
You're not very bright, OP.
>>
>>26699979
Nah, the secret is that they can utilize the mechanic introduced by the new bracelet the protagonists wear.
>>
Him being just like Eevee is exactly what i thought
>>
>>26698355
Mam, the Kanto Pokemon were way better.
>>
>>26700150
You're probably retarded just like OP. If anything the dog is a parallel to Poochyena and Lillipup, early route mon that isn't the early rodent nor the bird. It having a secret is just hype for the new battle mechanic aka. synchro.
>>
Rowlet, Litten, Popplio and Iwanko resemble the alchemical symbols for salt, sulfur, mercury, and lead respectively. Make of that what you will.
>>
>>26700303
>synchro

DELET THIS
>>
>>26699596
I'm totally cool with Rockweiler being a fourth starter, but I feel like he'll be the Pikachus or the Eevees we've had as starters in other games - he might be a common fourth starter pokemon, but he definitely won't be a "can't be found in the wild/given to you by the professor" type of starter.

Actually, that's already pretty much confirmed, we've seen the "choose your starter" scene in the trailers.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if he was a rival or a friend's starter pokemon.
>>
>>26698441
It wouldn't be too much of a stretch, considering the pan/simi trio in Black/White
>>
>>26700422
>Stretching the facts to make them fit with a theory
I mean, the alchemy theory is cool but they're really stretching it with Popplio and Iwanko.
>>
>>26697725

This theory is way too unusual for me tkt get behind but it did get me thinking.

Pure Rock "starter" alongside the usual 3.

>Grass/Flying
As you said weak to Rock but also SE on Rock. A neutral exchange.

>Fire
If it becomes Fire/Poison, both its STABs will be resisted by Rockdoge. Although it doesn't necessarily need it, if Rockdoge gets EQ it will also have a quads 4x SE move against Litten. So Litten is the starter weak to Rockdoge.

>Popplio
Water/Fighting has been theorized. Resists Rock and SE with both STABs. Popplio is the one with the advantage against Rockdoge.

Having taken the time to say all that I wanna finish by saying this theory is bullshit. Would never happen.
>>
>>26697770

>But everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked
>>
>>26700645
Popplio standing up looks exactly like the mercury symbol. I can agree that iwanko is a bit of a stretch, but its neckpiece does have a bit of a resemblance.
>>
I really feel that we're overthinking this. The secret is they're all simply based on household pets, where Popplio is loosely based on a fish. The four of them can probably used in a new minigame in the games similar to Nintendogs/cats, which would just be a more fleshed out Amie.
>>
>>26701914
I think you're as much of a retard as OP.
>>
>>26701950
LOL EPIC POST BRO ;^)
>>
>>26701839
>looks exactly like the mercury symbol
The ear nubs don't perk up like in the drawing made to justify that. Its general shape isn't that similar either. I think that this is a typical case of dumb people seeing what they want to see.
>>
It's gonna be meaningless bullshit like the Pledge moves. I guarantee it.
You people are setting yourselves up for disappointment.
>>
>>26700151
>found the illiterate genwunner
>>
>>26701989
Thanks for the (you) bro :^)
>>
File: Alola Starter Alchemy.jpg (103 KB, 995x802) Image search: [Google]
Alola Starter Alchemy.jpg
103 KB, 995x802
>>26702005
Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.