[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Mega Evolutions offered a chance to make useless or underwhelming
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: asshole.png (683 KB, 1024x1227) Image search: [Google]
asshole.png
683 KB, 1024x1227
>Mega Evolutions offered a chance to make useless or underwhelming Pokemon a chance to become great
>Rayquaza, Salamence, Tyranitar, Garchomp, Blaziken, Lucario got megas
>At least 75% of mega evolutions for every Pokemon in between are marred by either terrible abilities or insufficient stat increases
>25% become one trick ponies

Were mega evolutions a mistake?
>>
>>26696638
it made kangaskahn recognized again didnt't it?
>>
>>26696638
>Were mega evolutions a mistake?

No. I love the challenge it brings, and imagining the losers face when his favorite Megamon get's it's ass beat.
>>
>>26696638
>Kang
>Mawile
>Gardevoir
>Charizard
>Pinsir
>Manectric
>Pidgeot
>Sableye
>Altaria
>Lopunny
>Gallade

Stop posting, OP
>>
>>26696638
Mega Evolutions have been generally beneficial. The only wastes were the likes of Mega Audino and Mega Steelix.

People would say Mega Houndoom got shafted, for example, but it really didn't. In Sun, its Fire Blast is stronger than Mega Charizard Y's, strong enough to OHKO Mega Diancie.
>>
>>26696649
No, anon, we must ignore contradictions that don't fit our own made up narrative.

Everyone knows Charizard, Kangaskhan, Beedrill, Pinsir, Mawile, Gardevoir, Manectric, Medicham, Aerodactyl, Sableye, Altaria, Lopunny and Gallade we're all top tier OU mon's before Mega's were introduced.
>>
>>26696638

Why would they advertise Mega Evolution so hard if they weren't going give them to Pokemon people actually care about?

You don't give cool new shit to the characters no one cares about.
>>
i think megas were a good idea just executed poorly. there's no reason for some legendaries to have megas, and some pokemon that might've been better off with just a normal evolution. Megas were an interesting concept but there really was no reason for a number of those pokemon to have it like the latis and of course fug. but pokemon getting a mega after their final evo was awesome! who doesn't like seeing their favorite starter getting a mega i mean really?!
>>
>>26696680
Forgot Beedrill in there
>>
megas were an attempt to make irrevelant pokemon relevant which was fantastic but they should've kept mega evolution for pokemon with final evos.
>>
>>26696744

Lucario, Pinsir, and Heracross already on par with most three-stage Pokemon in terms of strength.

Their lines are already complete.
>>
Can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs.

GF needs to cater to its whole audience, and they did. The kids got their Mega Mewtwo and Mega Pseudos to show off, and we got a lot of useful Megas for shitmons/underused ones. Granted, some Megas were pointless but you really can't have it all, I guess. It's like complaining about Rotom-Fan and Rotom-Mow
>>
>>26696683
Honestly even Steelix wasn't all that shabby. It's lack of Recovery/relevant ability hurts it, but it can still be used to pretty decent effect given it's amazing stats and decent movepool.

I'd say Banette got a harsher treatment. But still, most Mega's were pretty successful I'd say.

>>26696702
So you seem like you're not just shitposting and are actually trying to just express an opinion, so I'll throw you a bone.

>there's no reason for some legendaries to have megas

Why not? I see people complain about shit like M-Rayquaza, as if power creep in legendaries matter, but these things are already banned from nearly all official formats anyway. Only the recent tourneys had them allowed, and that was just a themed tourney.
They exist for the same reason Legendaries are allowed to exist anyway, and they don't harm the metagame even in official formats, so what's the issue?

>and some pokemon that might've been better off with just a normal evolution.

I'll give you this. I dont think that a non-fully evolve pokemon necessarily needs to always have 3 stages, and sometimes their design is complete enough to base a Mega after (Sableye being a good example), but something like Absol probably could have done better with an evolution imho.

Some non-fully evolved pokemon are both visually complete enough and strong enough as a final stage.

>who doesn't like seeing their favorite starter getting a mega i mean really?!

Well they're not done making Mega's. There's some pokemon that they haven't gotten around to. They're not gonna put every potential Mega in on the first game, after all.
>>
The "100 stat boost only" rule they gave themselves kinda fucked up the balance, it resulted in lower BST Pokemon needing a ridiculously good ability if they wanted to be usable
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.