[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So now that trainers are in the battles, we have at least some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
So now that trainers are in the battles, we have at least some (most likely quite inaccurate) sense of size and scale.

That begs the question, what treatment will Wailord get?
>>
Perfect Zygarde is like 30 foot tall.
>>
>>26695410
So?
We don't know the official protagonist size yet, who's to say he isn't 15 feet?
>>
Same battle proportions as before.
The pokemon are somewhat proportional to each other, but not always, since the game is an abstraction. Having pokemon appear obstructively huge in battle doesn't benefit gameplay
>>
>>26695396
>all of that buildup to Perfect Zygarde
>in the end, it ends up being a total manlet
>>
>>26695459
yes it does

maybe gamefreak could take a couple minutes to make the battle scene larger and scale the models better
>>
File: 1453977150726.png (181 KB, 309x323) Image search: [Google]
1453977150726.png
181 KB, 309x323
>>26695459
I just want my triple battle with 6 Wailord at accurate dimension. Is it really asking too much?
>>
>>26695516
>make Pokemon almost invisible
No, they're not that dumb. You can see Roselia now. You couldn't before.
>>
>>26695529
Play Battle Revolution.

2v2 but kinda counts.
>>
>>26695396
I was about to make a thread like this too. Wailord will either be fucking small orthe Trainer will be gone.
>>
>>26695551
I dont see whats wrong with that. The camera's are super dynamic in these newer games, so it's not like it wouldnt get screen time, it'd only be hard to see when everything was shown at once.

Having accurate proportions is better for immersion.
>>
>>26695410
No, it's 15 feet tall.
>>
>>26695883
I just fucking realised regular Zygarde is bigger.

This does not bode well with me.
>>
>>26695863

>immersion

Opinion discarded. It's a fucking video game.
>>
>>26695396
Probably similar to Pokemon Colosseum/XD/Battle Revolution:
https://youtu.be/tMoTNkt2XcY?t=4m56s
>>
>>26696044
Oh wow a biped's height is shorter than the length of a serpentine
Stop the fucking presses
>>
>>26696082
Go back to playing with your calculator, faglord.
>>
>>26695551
It wasn't a problem on Colosseum or XD. When the camera was zoomed out and panned across the battlefield tiny Pokémon were appropriately tiny, but since it would also often zoom in on the combatants, not to mention the attacking and damage animations, you still saw enough of them.
>>
>>26695516
>Be in a thick forest
>Take out Wailord
>Hes now either mostly obscured by the trees from below or the battle is a shot of Wailord towering above the trees being attacked by an enemy mon you cant see
>>
>>26696280
The backgrounds have always been scaled, theyre not a static element. It was like this in Colosseum and XD as well, and it worked just fine.

Have you ever even played a pokemon game?
>>
my god the graphics of this game are absolute shit. I swear my ps2 from when I was a baby had better graphics.
>>
>>26696445
Ah yes, the Playstation 2, what a great handheld console.
>>
>>26696304
The console Pokemon games just have arenas that are huge enough to accomdate those scales. You dont have to deal with forests and narrow-ass cave tunnels in those game.

You're just switching around the lack of realism here. Right now Pokemon often arent thier actual size in battle but the way you want it, you're having to confince yourself that things like Wailord or the larger legendaries can do battle in narrow forest paths or caves that can often enough be literally one square wide.

My advice is for you to stop being autistic and upset about minor details that dont matter.
>>
>>26696480

never heard of a psvita? i swear nintendofags are hard to talk to sometimes
>>
>>26696445
>>26696498
>HURR WHY CANT THIS GAME HAVE THE GRAPHICS ITS SYSTEM PHYSICALLY CANT CREATE
>>
>>26696498
Never heard that guy write "my ps2 from when I was a baby"?

We can read, Dennis.
>>
>>26696445
spoted the autist
>>
>>26696489
>The console Pokemon games just have arenas that are huge enough to accomdate those scales.

Not the forested ones. Or the city ones. They're large, but not only do the scale, but they actually get rid of other elements typically surrounding you that would obstruct the battle.

>You're just switching around the lack of realism here.

Naturally there's going to be some give or take, but what's better to shift the attention on, a rare circumstance of using a massive pokemon in a forest to make sure that the already-scaled-to-size forest is more feasible, or the actual pokemon?

In real life battles, shit would get destroyed and thrown around, and the land would be scorched and shit, but I'm not complaining about that because it's an ass load of work. Scaling the pokemon to the appropriate size isn't even a matter of work, it's a specific artistic choice, and it's one that I think looks really dumb.

It would've been JUST as easy to scale them.

>My advice is for you to stop being autistic and upset about minor details that dont matter.

>Any criticism that's not about a game breaking element is bad

It's not like I'm not gonna buy the games or anything because of this, but everything is critique-able. End of story.
>>
>>26696445
>ps2
>when I was a baby
Sweet fucking Christ get the fuck out.
>>
>>26696445
>ps2
>when I was a baby
>when
>i
>was
>a
>baby

Underageb&
>>
Honestly, I don't care. I'm just happy the chibi overworld is done.
>>
>>26696587
I think large world elements suddenly disappearing for the sake of convenience is just as unrealistic and immersion breaking as the Pokemon chang scale for convenience, if not more. It's the less drastic change.
>>
>>26695498
like every other pokemon? just look at the comparison in the ORAS dex
the anime always makes the pokes bigger; specially roselia
>>
>>26696592
>>26696609
This guy is a retard and I don't wanna defend him but the PS2 came out sixteen years ago.f Two year olds are still babies.

I'm not making any judgements on you, but I'm just going to make a passing statement about the assumptions of people's intelligence based on their ability to do extremely simple math.
>>
>>26695396

>That begs the question

that's not how you use that phrase, retard
>>
>>26696498
>>>/v/
>>
>>26696498
Because you fags are mentally retarded
>>
>>26696922
?

Yes it is, what are you talking about?
>>
>>26696922
>oo everybody look at me im autistic
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.