[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does this thing have anything going for it? A ridculously high
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4
File: 472px-Haxorus.png (212 KB, 472x599) Image search: [Google]
472px-Haxorus.png
212 KB, 472x599
Does this thing have anything going for it? A ridculously high att stat with shit everything else doesn't seem appealing. Why was it even viewed as a pseudo legendary?
>>
If you get a DD in without getting oneshotted you can sweep pretty much anything with it.
>>
It's not a pseudo tho. It needs 3 evo lines and 600 bst.

One dd and it's a monster
>>
>>26693531
>What was it even viewed as a psuedo legendaary?

It has a Dragon only typing and the BST for it. It's not bad, it has exceptional attack, but it's just a little outclassed by D-Nite as a DD'er and even Salamence outclasses it. It also does not get a fire move, but still, it's not too bad.

Could probably make it work if you tried. It's gotta nice ability.
>>
>>26693531
If you don't think Haxorus is the best dragon type, you're in denial
>>
>>26693573
Oh shit my B, that was Hydreigon who was the psuedo.
>>
Haxorus fucks everything up if you've got a Lum berry.

>every ghost uses Will-o-wisp for burn
>lum berry gives you free D.Dance
>sweep whole team
>laugh at ragequit
>>
>>26693573
Its bst isnt 600 so youre wrong
>>
>>26693603
>>26693630
>>
File: smogon uu viability rankings.jpg (25 KB, 302x562) Image search: [Google]
smogon uu viability rankings.jpg
25 KB, 302x562
>>26693612
>bad speed tier
>outclassed by salamence
>frail
>average movepool

kek
>>
>looked so good in B/W
>looks so shit in X/Y

;_;
>>
>>26693712
Talonflame is so op that its prevo is as good as good fully evolved pokemon
>>
This thing screams Mega Evolution
>>
>Mold breaker
>MUH HYPER ATTACK

I mean it's pretty useful in a lot of ways. EQing Sturdy mons is nice.
>>
>>26693531
Haxorus is an amazing stallbreaker if you team it up with Magnezone and a lure with Knock Off.

The only thing stall has for it is Skarmory, and once that's out of the way, it demolishes everything.

SD is what you'd want to use. DD would be more for breaking HO or Balance.
>>
File: Haxorus-template.png (86 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Haxorus-template.png
86 KB, 300x300
Haxorus is a pretty solid mon on it's own. It just suffers from the immense competition from other dragons who posses either better bulk, resists, or movepool. It's no Rampardos at least...

>tfw it can be OHKO'd by nonSTAB Ice Beam despite no 4x weakness due to bad special def
Its like Gamefreak wanted this guy to be on par with the other dragons as close as possible
>>
>>26693788
>>26693712

>Magnezone is so OP that it's prevo is as good as fully evolved pokemon.
>>
I have a Haxorus. It's not bad, just outclassed a little by some other dragons. Still, I run Dragon Claw, Poison Jab, and Dragon Dance on it (forget the fourth move) and it works out well.
>>
too bad its so ugly
>>
>>26693531

Hydreigon is Gen 5's pseudo, not Haxorus
>>
>>26697341
maybe get your vision corrected and you'll enjoy it more
>>
File: 8107f7c72842.jpg (22 KB, 238x400) Image search: [Google]
8107f7c72842.jpg
22 KB, 238x400
>>26697341
Shit taste. Its literally an armored axe-welding barbaric warrior in lizard form.
>>
>not part steel
>massively bloated attack stat is basically a waste and overly deprives all the other stats, high bp moves and percent attack modifiers are far more important for sheer power
>dogshit speed
>no niche, Salamence does DD Garchomp does SD
An ability like Touch Claws or Adaptability would be infinitely better than mold breaker.
>>
>>26696833
What are you went trying to say?
Magnezone has nothing to do with Eviolite existing.
>>
>>26693612
>most prominent will o wisp user in the tier is sableye which either fucks you up good with foul play or prio burns you anyways

>>26693788
Gale Wings is literally one of the best abilities in Pokemon, so it's honestly no wonder.
>>
>>26693531
It's not terrible, just outclassed. I run one Sashed and it does well after a Dragon Dance, just gotta make look out for faster Pokemon and priority in general.
>>
>>26693761
Pretty much Unova for you
>>
>>26697575
>>26697580

it looks like a super generic RPG dungeon monster
>>
>>26697822
Came here to post this, it's actually nto bad at all, but it's a generic dragon with nothing outstanding going for it stat or movepool wise. I think it can double dance and that's about it's only niche, and lack of a Fire move hurts that
>>
>>26697735
Choice specs or Scarf magnetons are used just as muchs as Eviolite
pretty sure Magnezone only gets more def,SpA and Sp def
doesn't change speed
>>
Jolly or Adamant?
>>
>>26698337
Adamant. As power is all it has going for it compared to other dragons.
>>
>>26697735
I think he's trying to say that having a Pre-evo that's useful doesnt necessarily mean it's evo is broken.

Talonflame isn't broken. Fletchinder being usable speaks more to the ability than the pokemon itself. The ability is what solely carries it, so even a lower BST version of itself can be technically viable.

That being said, I dont know why Fletchinder is considered viable if it's entirely outclassed, when that same thread has a rule about not posting Blissey due to Chansey outclassing Blissey.
>>
>>26698337
jolly because you can dd up for attack and more speed while outspeeding whatever suicide lead they sent out
>>
>>26698294
Zone is slower, it why Ton is my preference. 70 speed vs 60 is kind of a big deal.
>>
>>26698414
1+ Adamant Haxorus is fast enough to outpace Jolly MegaDactyl. Jolly won't make such of a difference.
>>
>>26698393
You can play both, I guess, with two different roles
>>
>>26693531
it wasn't. it isn't. it's not a pseudo legendary. if anybody thought it was they're retarded.
>>
>>26697341
Haxorous was one of the few Gen V designs I liked
>>
>>26698580
Must be. Either that or effectively having 2 "talonflames" as priority offense might be a viable strategy.

Been a minute since Ive played so dont know whats going on in the meta atm.
>>
>>26698698
>>26698580
>>26698393

Filename. It's an UU viability ranking.
>>
>>26698728
>>26698758
That answers that. Thanks anons.
>>
>>26693531
Focus sash DD and wreck
>>
>>26693531
literally a yugioh dragon
>>
Mold Breaker is fantastic.
Bypasses Unaware, Levitate, etc. If it had fire punch it would be BL because it can throw out a fire attack and not be afraid of the ubiquitous heatran. It only fears scarfed Jolly Landorus and Skarmory.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.