[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Iwanko
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3
File: I come bearing news.jpg (57 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
I come bearing news.jpg
57 KB, 450x450
Its localization is Pubble.
>>
>>26692751
Pupple
>>
Pubble -> Ruffnite -> Rockweiler
>>
>>26692786
That I have no way of knowing. But various characters do talk about how cute their Pubble is. This thing literally must be Pubble. I hope Rockweiler is the real name.
>>
>>26692786
Pubble (Rock) -> Cubble (Rock/Fire)
>>
>>26692786
>rockweiler
Mite b cool
>>
>>26692751
Why didn't you mention this yesterday?
>>
>>26692803
Because what was there to mention? Yesterday I had no idea wtf a Pubble was.
>>
Any other thing's that sound like pokemon's names?

For future posterity
>>
>>26692808
What other pokemon names have you seen that are pokemon? Give us one or two more.

It's just easy to give names after the fact. Prease understandu my skepticism.
>>
>>26692795
No, gtfo pls
>>
>>26692829
>>26692832
I mentioned Antheren and Echofin before.

There were two others.
A woman in a graveyard mentions being startled by a Creeki.

And a boy in the same graveyard talks about a Bambersa that was in his family for generations.
>>
Sleep tight, pubble
>>
>>26692751
>pay attention to meeee!

You just don't know when to give up, huh?
>>
If you knew about these pokémon, why didn't you mention them before?

Inb4 flowery language and smugness.
>>
>>26693342
>flowery language
What?
>>
>>26692808
>I-I just didn't mention something as notable as a new pokémon because you didn't ask me. Also, I can't show you my level 250 Pikablue because I forgot my Gameboy at home.
>>
>>26693347
Have you read your own posts? You smear it on thick.
>>
>>26692795
Calling it now. Roothoot became Rowlet, Cubble became Pubble, and whatever the fuck that third round dolphin thing was named became Echofin.
>>
Making shit up for attention isn't going very well now that there are real news, huh?
>>
>>26693359
I honestly have no idea what you're talking about smearing it on thick. Examples?
>>
>>26693347
>desperately trying to change the topic sway from the question.

You're bad at this.
>>
>>26693396
The truth is I'm not sure they're pokemon. I have no clue what they are. The furthest I know about them is they're proper nouns and they sound like Pokemon.
>>
>>26693392
>"I find it poignantly inconvenient"
>"OH!"
It's hard to overact in text, but you manage to do it.
>>
>>26692994
Okay anon, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Creeki sounds adorable.
>>
>>26693412
>"There's life, character and voice inflection in your typing and I don't like it!"
Not sure why I was worried.

>>26693421
If you say so.
>>
>>26693407
This makes no sense. First of all, nearly all their names are puns, and there is no way you wouldn't notice that they had to do with animals, elements etc.
Secondly, the context would give away that they're not talking about people, places or other things that aren't pokémon. Basically, your excuse is that you don't understand Japanese. Which is odd, to say the least.

Now watch him ignore this post.
>>
>>26693437
>"There's life, character and voice inflection in your typing and I don't like it!"
Man, you really are full of yourself.
>>
>>26693437
Nobody writes "OH!", Shakespeare.
>>
>>26693444
I knew for a fact which ones were Antheren and Echofin. Others weren't so clear, not to mention secondhand. I didn't directly work with that dialogue.

>>26693449
I have an English Degree. I don't know what you expected.
>>
>>26693453
If you have an English degree, I'd expect you to be able to read a sentence where they talk about a pokémon and figure out it's a pokémon from the context. You're using the "I'm unbelievably stupid" defense.
>>
File: tjfPTaR.jpg (18 KB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
tjfPTaR.jpg
18 KB, 360x270
>>26692994
>And a boy in the same graveyard talks about a Bambersa that was in his family for generations.
>Bambersa
>bamboo + bear + ursa
Nekkoala dropbear evo confirmed?
>>
So how often so you visit renfaires, OP? HUZZAH!
>>
>>26693472
Koalas don't eat bamboo, that's pandas.
>>
>>26692786
>Rockweiler

Want
>>
>>26693474
Never been to one. They look fun, but also cheesy and full of anachronisms at the same time. Full of Medieval England's version of weaboos.

>>26693472
I don't think so. To me it looks like Bamboo + Ursa, which I believe means bear in the first place. But it might not be because Ursa is with a u and Bambersa is with an e.
>>
>>26693496
>cheesy
You'd fit right in then, "lad".
>>
>>26693505
>Knocking the Davos impression
Hey, now. You're just nitpicking at this point.
>>
>>26693496
>another panda directly after gen 6.

If you're gonna lie, you might as well make up something believable.
>>
>>26693509
>muh ebic role-playing
Everything for attention, I guess.
>>
>>26693480
Koalas aren't bears either, but it's not like that's stopped Gamefreak before. Just sayin'.
>>
>>26693517
It actually started when someone else was tripfagging Melisandre and my original tripfag was Dave but decided that would make the conversation more interesting, not to mention it'd give me images to post with if I needed them.

>>26693510
Never said panda. You did.
>>
Why bother arguing with an anonymous leaker? If he's right, we knew all along it was a possibility. If he's wrong, we can all just reinforce our pessimism for anonymous leakers. Let him tell his lies, there's nothing to lose.
>>
>>26693472
Koala's are marsupials not bears fag
>>
>>26693597
>>26693528
I'm aware of that.

But it's a possible pokemon name, and koalas are still called koala "bears."
>>
>>26693437
>There's life, character and voice inflection in your typing and I don't like it!"

If that's actually how you think you're coming across, I've got some bad news for you, OP.
>>
>>26693623
>Koalas and pandas are the same thing.

You're not even trying anymore. No wonder nobody's buying this.
>>
>>26693581
>encouraging shitposters like OP

Why?
>>
>>26694696
Name =/= what the pokemon is based on, ya dingus.

Trapinch is an ant lion. So should it look like this instead?
>>
>>26694809
... I think you're trying to form an argument here, but I have no idea what it is. Because trapinch fits its inspiration pretty spot on. Wanna give it another go?
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.