[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else find the gen 7 pokemon to be kinda boring so
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: owl.jpg (9 KB, 190x265) Image search: [Google]
owl.jpg
9 KB, 190x265
Does anyone else find the gen 7 pokemon to be kinda boring so far?

I'm not saying they're bad designs (besides the legendaries), but they're just so bland. I know pokemon has always had a lot of regular, generic designs before, but everything so far is just so uninteresting. Am I just losing interest in pokemon? I feel like previous generations, while none of the early-game pokemon were great, didn't have this many "its a regular animal but slightly different" pokemon. I hope we see some more unique or creative pokemon soon.
>>
>>26691745
Didn't Masuda say something about wanting the Gen 7 Pokémon to be more simple like in Gen 1?
>>
No.
Nobody else thinks they're kind of boring.

You are literally the only one
>>
>>26691745
gf are running of of ideas mate. All they can do is another iteration of the same animal with a different typing.
>>
>>26691767
Here's your (you) for your clever and original comeback. Never heard that one before!
>>
File: tumblr_o8hq4cxX3W1sxhhm0o1_1280.jpg (395 KB, 992x1030) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o8hq4cxX3W1sxhhm0o1_1280.jpg
395 KB, 992x1030
>Bland
....Ballio would've changed that.*
>>
>>26691768
I don't think that's it. I mean, people love to resort to the "GAME FREAK IS OUT OF IDEAS" claim, but if they were, they wouldn't bother making a new generation of pokemon.
>>26691752
This seems much more likely. What with it being the 20th anniversary, they're probably trying to get genwunner/casual attention by making simple pokemon "just like in the good old days!". I mean, if the whole generation was just generic, bland pokemon like the ones we have now, it wouldn't ruin the game for me, but it's still kinda lame.
>>26691804
I hope we get something really whacky and over the top like Ballio for Popplio's final evo.
>>
>>26691804
I seriously don't see how anyone could like that piece of shit monstrosity.
>>
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 295x378) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 295x378
>>26691819
>>
>>26691745
I agree, the koala and the dog leaks were definitely a letdown.
ive seen way better fakemon.
>>
So far we've only seen the base form starters and two early game Pokemon. Those designs aren't going to be the most exciting of the generation obviously.
>>
>>26691819
Its a move away from the normal art style in the game without straying to far. It fits well with the tropical style of the game as well.
>>
File: 1465625627904.jpg (51 KB, 415x392) Image search: [Google]
1465625627904.jpg
51 KB, 415x392
>>26691819
>>
>>26691745
I like them, they're rather simplistic and not over the top.
>>
>>26691864
>implying its real
>>
>>26691864
This, the fact that the artist could add extra anatomical detail and sharp angles to the style without making it feel totally wrong or inappropriate felt really good to me. Also he uses way more concepts than usual and references to design is a plus too.

I'd honestly try play another monster game if he was apart of the art direction.
>>
>>26691745
Gen 7 gives me that "generic Pokemon gen" vibe if you catch my drift. They're playing it very safely so far, both with the features and the Pokemon themselves.

Naturally we're still fairly early into the reveals, for all we know they might really go full retard and introduce synchro, then gen 7 will instantly jump into gen 6 level of controversy.
>>
>>26691752
That was Sugimori, and honestly looks like nobody gave a shit after all considering they're already introducing clones of existing abilities
>>
>>26691894
>Implying I think its real
>>
>>26691745
Yes, Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon appear to be boring for the fallowing reasons:
Small region
Lame legendary pokemon
Mediocre starter
Bland playable trainers
But most of these are mere observations, it could be fun but from it's looks so far, it looks dull.
>>
>>26692064
*following
My bad, shitty ass keyboard
>>
>>26692004
Idont think GF gives a shit about what Sugi thinks anymore, he did his job launching the series and now his art is obsolete even compared to some fakemon artist and they kept him from the nostalgia years work and old man pity.
>>
>>26691745

nice blog, now fuck off
>>
>>26692077
Maybe this is why he left
>>
>>26691745
I do. It's the first time I'm not hyped as fuck for a new gen.
The Legendaries are the only one that made me kinda hype when they appeared.
>>
>>26692548
If he left, i left
>>
>>26691745
>its a regular animal but slightly different

Most of the best Pokémon were designed with this approach though: less is more with strong silhouettes.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.