[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Gen 8 >Megas retconned out >any Mega that wasn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
>Gen 8
>Megas retconned out
>any Mega that wasn't a third stage stays in
>device that allows the use of a Mega Stone that weakens its overall strength boost, but induces a permanent evolution

For example, the Houndoomite forces Houndoom to evolve into...idfk, "Houndread". But instead of getting a 100BST boost, it caps out around 75. Some Pokemon that really need it, like Glalie, keep 85.

Is this a good change? Is it dumb? How would you retcon Megas but still keep designs for the ones that aren't 3 stages?

Many of the stage 2 Megas (and even stage 1s) like Mawile, Sableye, Houndoom, Pinsir, Gyarados, Banette, etc... are the next logical step in evolution, in terms of appearance. Why weren't these just standard evolutions? Would my proposed idea work?

>tfw Life Orb Skill Link Atlucross
>>
>>26690995
>wanting to get rid of Megas
kys
>>
>>26690995
I like that solution, as a hypothetical. They can keep megas but your idea works. A lot of megas don't look like evolutions though, unlike houndoom's.
>>
>>26690995
>Why weren't these just standard evolutions?
Eviolite probably. We haven't had a new non-split evolution since Gen 4.
>>
>>26691016
It's not that I want Megas gone. I like the concept and hope to see more Megas happen. But should SuMo or later down the line decide to get rid of them, I'd hate to see the designs end up going to waste

>>26691164
Shit, this is dumb. They could just make Eviolite impossible to get further down. Granted, that'd screw a lot of other Mons like Pory2 and Dusclops.
>>
>Is this a good change?
no
>Is it dumb?
yes
>How would you retcon Megas but still keep designs for the ones that aren't 3 stages?
why don't you just stop playing the game instead of shitposting about it? I got an Animal Crossing game and didn't care for it at all. I didn't go to an Animal Crossing to loudly bitch that everyone was stupid for liking it. i found a game I liked and I played it.

They need to add more Mega Evos; Mega Weezing, Mega Lapras, Mega Stingulor, Mega Gogoat, Giga Yanmega, etc
>>
>>26691164
We also stopped getting babies after gen 4. I think they just stopped doing it for some reason other than eviolite.
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 300x300
>>26690995
Keep dreaming
>>
>>26691016
Stop abbreviating everything, fag.

I agree, though. Megas are fine.
>>
>>26691016
Megas were a mistake. I hope they are gone a the person who's idea they were committed sodoku.
>>
>>26691351
Good. Dusclops and Chansey being straight up better than their evos is bullshit
>>
>>26690995
I am for any idea that retcons megas without leaving the mons that were positively affected by them back at square one.

>>26691388
>I didn't go to an Animal Crossing to loudly bitch
Did you play AC games from the beginning? Because people who dislike megas are very often veterans of the series.
>>
>>26693229
Yes. I've played every single AC game.
>>
>>26690995

Yes Lucario totally needs a third stage
>>
>>26691016
>kys

kill yourself underage
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.