[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why doesn't GF just make all pokemons viable?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: 1465533962658s.jpg (7 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1465533962658s.jpg
7 KB, 250x250
Why doesn't GF just make all pokemons viable?
>>
>>26683127
Because its a RPG.

Not every gear and class/job/character are all viable in the same conditions.
Pokémon works both as Gear AND Characters, so it's obvious that the early gear is going to fall short against the latest ones.

This said, a greater lot of Pokémon should be viable, and a fair amount of late-game Mons are Ok at best.
>>
File: gotta catch em all-1.jpg (64 KB, 369x620) Image search: [Google]
gotta catch em all-1.jpg
64 KB, 369x620
>>26683127

Pokémon is not a fighting game.

Pokémon is a role-playing video games about collecting supernatural creatures known as Pocket Monsters/Pokémon.
>>
File: 1459251265902.png (60 KB, 179x217) Image search: [Google]
1459251265902.png
60 KB, 179x217
>>26683127
>Pokemons
>>
>>26683164
What this guy said. If all pokémon were equal, there wouldn't really be much of a reason to collect and evolve new ones.
>>
Because that's COMMUNISM
>>
>>26683127
Completely balancing pvp in any game is fucking impossible.

For the actual story, any Pokemon can beat the game. Some just have it easier than others.
>>
>>26683127
Why didn't your parents make you viable?
>>
I really want a Showdown tier where all Pokemon are viable by balancing them with levels. Total shitmons can be level 100, while legendaries may be in the 30-40 ranges.

Actually balancing them all would be really difficult, but a man can dream.
>>
>>26683127
>balancing all Pokemon
OK, how would you make Delibird viable?
>>
>>26683127
Dota is pretty much the most balanced game there is, and even that only has about 100 properly competitive characters. And you expect Gamefreak to make however many hundreds of fully-evolved Pokémon all viable? Notta chance!
>>
>>26683605
>DOTA
>Balanced
It's more balanced than others, but heroes still have their peaks and valleys. Hoo-Hah, Troll and Huskar have been kind of shafted lately.
>>
>>26683127
Rpg genre.

The whole concept of having "real" championships based off an rpg game is retarded.

The closet you can get to the anime/super tryhard poopsock pokemon "fair" fights is in pokken and that's dying because of no updates.
>>
>>26683561
Literally the random battle mode.
>>
>>26683672
Right, but not random. I want to build a team for that tier.

And even on Randoms, the balance is still iffy.
>>
when I was a kid I thought all pokemons from the same type were equal and it was just a matter of aesthetics picking one over another.
>>
>>26683178
Yet the core of the gameplay revolves around battling, you cannot catch'em all without battling to make them evolve.
>>
they need to go back and redistribute the stats of all fully evolved pokes to be basically equal. that wouldn't fix everything but it would help. they should rebalance the movepools too
>>
>>26683127
Fuck you Tyrantrum is a fucking bro
>>
>>26683127

They are almost all "viable" when not constrained by smogon rules. Many rely on gimmick sets, but they work.
>>
>>26683164
Not exactly.
Legendary mons should all be viable.
Yet, they create things like Regigigas which are totally uselless in competitive.
The point is, GF had no idea of how to balance the meta.
Even startes doesn't make sense. We have OP things like Greninja or Blaziken and shit things like Meganium or Torterra.
>>
>>26686067
Yeah, like VGC has such a variety of Pokemon.
>>
There are 721 Pokemon as of the sixth generation, of which, 384 (give or take maybe 1 or 2 if I made a mistake) have no further evolutions. Beyond this, there are also a few pokemon which are perfectly viable with eviolite.

Now tell me it is possible for Game Freak to balance this metagame.
>>
>>26683127
Because it wouldn't be realistic for a flower to be as strong as a God that controls space.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.