[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this thing usable?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: aggron-mega.jpg (24 KB, 300x233) Image search: [Google]
aggron-mega.jpg
24 KB, 300x233
Is this thing usable?
>>
Only for hugs
>>
Usable, yes. But it requires set up and thought. Like M-Banette.
>>
>>26682528

Yes, but Wish support is mandatory, as it has no recovery
>>
>>26682528
Not in OU. I had moderate success in UU, but requires team support
>>
>>26682528
Aesthetically speaking, Mega Aggron is the best Mega.
>>
>>26682528
It prefers Battle Spot to 6v6 since it does more short term than long term. Its usability peaked for the Battle of Hoenn competition.

It took on Mega Salamence with Ice Punch, Mega Metagross with Earthquake, resisted the Latis, and had Thunder Wave. Pairing it with Latias covered its weaknesses and gave it Wish/Healing Wish support.

In VGC, Lando-T and Mega Charizard Y are too much of a thing for it to be that relevant, among other things. In OU, it gets shut down too easily by bulky Water types like Rotom-W that just render it useless.
>>
Built a team around it in UU for my girlfriend. Seems like it's plenty viable from what we've experienced.
>>
He wrecks house in Monotype, because he can counter a whole lot of what normally counters Steel types just by being a giant cursing wall.
>>
>>26683336

>Not using Mega Aggron on a Mono-Rock team
>>
>>26683416
The problem with putting Aggron on a monorock team is that then you have to play with a monorock team.
>>
>>26683336
Because if there's one thing that give Steel teams a hard time it's physical attacks.
>>
>>26682528
Yeah. I've had success with it for KO-ing tons of things on the switch with Stone Edge and Heavy Slam tends to fuck Fairies over pretty solidly. You can handle most physical attackers fairly well, just make sure you have some kind of healing support like other anons have said.

Sneaky Stones+Dragon Tail+Stone Miss+Heavy Slam is a solid strat to use with him as you can just fuck over most mons with sneaky stones damage, heavy slam fairies to death, and force switches that you can predict and KO with Stone Miss.
>>
>>26683586
Are you being sarcastic?
>>
>>26684970

Earthquake over Stone Edge

Stone Edge is too unreliable without STAB
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNzBAWdkWfw
>>
File: image.gif (813 KB, 303x303) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
813 KB, 303x303
>>26683510
Kek
>>
>>26683336
>just by being a giant cursing wall.
You reminded me of this picture and i kek'd
>>
>>26682528
Yeah, It's pretty good in UU. It's bulky as fuck and packs a punch. Thunder Wave and Stealth Rock are great utility moves and it hits pretty hard with Heavy Slam. Just give it some wish support and you'll be good to go.
>>
>>26682553
What are you talking aobut for Mega banette? It's one of the most brainless things there is. You just Protect on turn one, then use Destiny Bond or Will-O-Wisp to stop any sweeper (will-o-wisp for stopping physical sweepers, Destiny Bond for anything else). It's almost as braindead as suing Thundurus or Wobuffet to stop sweeps. Prankster is just an inherently overpowered ability, almost no thought or setup required.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.