[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en- us/pokemon/lunala/ &g
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
>http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-us/pokemon/lunala/
>Lunala’s Ability is Shadow Shield, a new Ability that no previous Pokémon has had. With the Shadow Shield Ability, a Pokémon will take less damage from an attack that lands when the Pokémon has full HP.
>implying Multi-Scale doesn't exist

Game Freak aren't even trying anymore, are they? They're just recycling, which makes the new games trash.
>>
The abilities rehash are so bad, I can only think that Lunaala and Solgaleo are going to get Megas/Primals where they get powered up versions of their current abilities.
>>
>Solgaleo’s Ability is Full Metal Body, a new Ability that no previous Pokémon has had. With the Full Metal Body Ability, a Pokémon’s stats will not be lowered by the effects of an opponent’s moves or Ability.
>Implying Clear Body doesn't exist

Disgusting. And they even made each of their signature moves have the same effect, and they gave them similar copy and paste lore...
>>
>Teravolt and Turboblaze are just Mold Breaker
Guess you think every new Pokemon game is trash, huh haggot?
>>
>>26681326
Yes.
>>
>>26681305
Almost all Legendaries until gen 5 had Pressure, so I don't see your point.
>>
>>26681326
BW was the first game to do this sort of ability recycling and they were indeed trash games.
>>
>>26681340
That's b/c they added those retroactively, for every gen after the introduction of abilities there shouldn't be this recycling garbage.
>>
File: 1465494358469.jpg (8 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1465494358469.jpg
8 KB, 320x320
>implying you faggots aren't gonna just box the version mascots anyway
>>
File: 1465175385635.jpg (74 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1465175385635.jpg
74 KB, 1280x720
>>26681326
As Pokemon gets older and the hype dies down, they should try more, not less.
>>
>>26681367
>gen 4
>gen 5
>>
>>26681386
Clear Body and Multiscale make a lot of sense on them though
>>
People are really looking for any reason to shit on SM, huh?
>>
>gen 6
>starters still use Overgrowth/Blaze/Torrent
>>
You faggots are missing the point
>a new Ability that no previous Pokémon has had
>>
>>26681305
your 1 week late faggot
>your
>>
>>26681427
Who gives a shit?
>>
>>26681347
No R/S was
>>
Is this the stupidest reason to complain about a game? I think it is.
>>
Palkia, Dialga, Giratina-A, Mewtwo, Moltres, Articuno, Zapdos, Ho-Oh, Lugia, Suicune, Raikou, and Entei ALL have Pressure

There are only a few legendary Pokémon with interesting and unique abilities that add flavour
>>
>>26681465
R/S was the first game with pokemon abilities, how could they have also advertised old abilities as new ones?
>>
>>26681485
But at least when Palkia and Dialga got pressure they didn't do something like "Spacial Distortion" or "Temporal Dilatation", adverstising them like new exclusive abilites when they are just renamed Pressure variants.
>>
>>26681305
they're technically right, no other pokemon had the ability called "shadow shield"
>>
Better than

>lets give every legendary Pressure!
>>
>>26681511
I can't believe you're getting pissy about what an ad is saying about a game. It's obvious to anyone that Full Metal Body is just Clear Body/White Smoke/Hyper Cutter and Shadow Shield is just Multiscale. It doesn't matter. The abilities suit them well gameplay-wise from what we've seen and renaming them is just a way to make them fit better flavor-wise.
>>
>>26681511
literally what difference does that make you autist
>>
>>26681543
this
>>
>Drizzle
>Drought
>Air Lock
>Bad Dreams
>Multitype
>Victory Star

Why do so few legendary Pokémon have neat unique abilities? You'd think they'd take the opportunity to come up with some cool gameplay twists that make their version mascots really special, but those kind of design choices seem to be made annoyingly rarely

Lugia has Multiscale as a HA so Lunala isn't even the first version mascot with an ability of its kind
>>
>>26681386
Just because YOUR hype is dying down doesn't mean THE hype is dying down, faggot. Just look at the numbers on X and Y.

Just accept that you're no longer the target audience of these games and either enjoy them for what they are or move on.
>>
>>26681596
>>Drizzle
literally just rain dance
>>26681596
>>Bad Dreams
nightmare

etc

need I go on?
>>
>>26681596
this for FUCK sake
>>
>>26681340

Pressure makes sense for a legendary, because when facing another legendary in a battle, cutting down PP cripples things likes Water Spout, Sacred Fire, Aeroblast, etc
>>
>>26682198
kek you've got to be shitting me anon. don't go full retard
>>
>>26682198
Abilities, not Moves
>>
>>26681497
Air Lock is the same as Cloud Nine
>>
>>26681393
>Creation Trio
>Kyurem

>>>>>>almost all legendaries
Pixies and the weather trio are the only ones pre-gen 4 that don't have Pressure and there's dozens in gen4 and 5 that don't.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.