[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
To all the people who believes we won't get another region
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 7
File: couriway.jpg (1004 KB, 3920x2204) Image search: [Google]
couriway.jpg
1004 KB, 3920x2204
To all the people who believes we won't get another region in S/M:
The size of the Alola region is more or less the same size as Johto. With only four "big" islands.
Kalos story was incomplete: Zygarde, Eternal Floette, the power plants, ghost girl, the horde of faceless men story...
Couriway station was there for something, which means it's pretty much confirmed Alola will allow us to travel to Kalos through the Couriway station.
>>
I actually hope so. Alola is tiny.
>>
>>26681013
Are you retarded?

TRAIN DOES NOT FLOAT
>>
I don't think it's "confirmed" but I will love to explore Kalos again
>>
I doubt the Couriway station connects to Alola.
It would make more sense to visit other regions by plane.
>>
>>26681013
>taking a train to Hawaii
>>
>>26681028
Didn't Unova have an underwater tunnel? Why not a train?
>>
>>26681013
>it's pretty much confirmed Alola will allow us to travel to Kalos through the Couriway station.

By "confirmed" you mean "highly implausible," right?
>>
>>26681013
You people are so entitled. Just enjoy the new region you're given for fuck's sake.
>>
Trains travel on water?

Only thing confirmed is the depths of your retardation, OP. No (you) either. Kill your self. This Alola is small meme needs to go. We have no idea what the size of the region is.
>>
>>26681042
This. If Alola is small, I won't mind if they pack the region with lots of fun things to do. Less can be more, and perhaps that's what they're going for.

At any rate, expecting that we'll revisit Kalos just seems absurd to me. Why would we? Because of Zygarde? Devs aren't going to remake a whole region when they can just hamfist a legend in any old place with some mediocre explanation.

XY had a lot of unfinished business, so much that it would need its own game to finish it.
>>
>>26681089
>so much that it would need its own game to finish it
Well we'll see about that
>>
>>26681040
>underwater train tunnel from France to Hawaii

Why not a flying train? Why not get a lift off the Jolly goddamn Green Giant? Why not? Because it's stupid.
>>
>>26681013
Then there'd be more? lewd? fanart of the two professors together.
>>
>>26681013
Do you actually think GF would remake the entirety of Kalos so it looks like Alola? I'm not even going to ask you if you are retarded.
>>
Trolling is getting excessive in /vp/. 5-sided hexagons, now floating trains, I mean... what the actual fuck.
>>
>>26681013
>>26681022
Retards.
>>
>>26681028
>>26681036
>>26681065
Ever heard of underwater trains? Yep thats a thing and not to mention its a Pokemon world where we had a flying pirate ship (BW2)
>>
File: 1465500574212.png (497 KB, 660x768) Image search: [Google]
1465500574212.png
497 KB, 660x768
>>26681013
You seriously think they rendered Kalos AGAIN in the nonchibi style?
>>
>>26681522
This.
>>
>>26681522
I think they'd need to work mainly on models. the buildings are fine
>>
>>26681116
>pokèmon is set in france
>pokèmon is set in hawaii
Don't do drugs kids
>>
>>26681522
It's the same overworld format. The only thing they would have to do is resize the map models or resize the battle models (S/M overworld models are just X/Y battle models)
>>26681616
>Zygarde: Give up
lmop
>>
>>26681421
D-Delete this.
>>
>>26681638
The overworld is completely different.
>>
>>26681013
I bet you think we'll eventually see the original dragon too.
>>
>>26681013
Ghost girls have been in every single pokemon game since Diamond/Pearl. They're just there to be spoopy and possibly reference Sadako, a famous japanese ghost girl
>>
>>26681654
Well, that's what you get with a new region, obviously.
What did you actually mean by "completely different"? Like, what is different?
>>
Zygarde: Who actually wants the 100% form in-game? Eternal Floette: What do you want? The plants:Have you ever been allowed to wander one in real life? Ghost girl was an easter egg.The horde of faceless men is the Melon heads story.Underground tunnels don't go through two oceans.
>>
>>26681694
>Zygarde: Who actually wants the 100% form in-game?
I actually do, now stop pretending that's a valid argument.
>>
>>26681694
I even want the 10% form
>>
>>26681013
>getting a train from Hawaii to South Eastern France
You're getting way ahead of yourself.
They left Kalos with lots of unanswered questions, but they may just be leaving it for a sequel because of how popular the remakes are - but how completely pointless they have become.
>>
>>26681563
S U M M E R F A G
>>
>>26681693
Anon is referring to the fact that what we've seen of Alola shows it was designed as fully 3D oriented world. Trails flow organically, areas aren't geometric shapes (ie. squares), camera doesn't just follow a top down format except for one or two times (might still be mostly true, we have only seen trailers, to be fair, but the world is still shown to be different in design). In essence, it's not built on a grid like Kalos was.

Kalos would look supremely odd coming from Alola.
>>
>>26681729
The 10% form looks nice but 100% looks ridiculous just like Hoopa unbound
>>
>>26681013
>The size of the Alola region is more or less the same size as Johto. With only four "big" islands.
GF don't care how big it is, people will buy it anyway
>Kalos story was incomplete: Zygarde, Eternal Floette, the power plants, ghost girl, the horde of faceless men story...
Eternal Floette and Zygarde 100% may appear but i ain't expecting much. I don't know why you think GF would even care about backtracking in the other stuff.
>Couriway station was there for something, which means it's pretty much confirmed Alola will allow us to travel to Kalos through the Couriway station.
Again why would GF care about a stupid train, let alone give you access to Kalos. They want you to buy XY.
>>
Going back to Kalos and doing a scavenger hunt for cells would be the worst post game idea.
>>
>>26681854
>Collect 100 cells to unlock Zygarde 100%
God that would be stupid but i'd do it. Better than it being handed out or sitting in a cave again.
>>
>>26681854
That would be amazing, good idea. Why would you say worst? It would further encourage traversing the region, as opposed to how some fags say Kanto in GSC/HGSS was so empty.
>>
>>26681886
>found only between 8 and 9pm
>>
>>26681816
We've still got dpad grid movement in S/M.
Kalos wouldn't look odd at all, it doesn't need a redesign for S/M if it even has a place somewhere there, though I myself doubt it now.
>>26681821
There's a theory which thinks we're not done with Hoopa forms yet and it actually makes sense. Hint: supermoon
>>26681845
>They want you to buy XY.
You mean S/M, or? People weren't gonna buy X/Y because of something like this which hasn't been front-media public as far as I know, just for curiosity's sake.
>>26681886
>post game
It's looking more and more like it has to do with the S/M legendaries themselves with every piece of information we can find.
>>
Why would they add a second region it only happened in GSC because they didn't expect to make more games
>>
>>26681904
Kalos left a lot unsolved, Sun & Moon are parallels to Gold/Ho-Oh and Silver/Lugia, it's the 20th anniversary so big expectations, tagline was "It all comes together", and Iwata just died and this is the first game right after it so it would be a tribute to him to make it two regions, since he was the one who originally made GSC two regions.
>>
>>26681924
That would actually be a nice tribute I didn't think about that
>>
>>26681563
Hello, newfag.
>>
>>26681013
>the horde of faceless men story...
http://exhentai.org/g/544938/d0964ff009/
>>
>>26681897
They ain't going to shoehorn Kalos into SM when XY already exists and they want people to buy that.
>>
>>26681924
It's like a mix of B2/W2 and G/S, yeah.
>>26681959
Never say Game Freak won't do something, no matter how stupid it is. You know exactly what I mean
>>
>>26681013
The only regions notably different in size to Johto is Sinnoh which is huge and Kanto which is Tiny. The other regions look artificially bigger due to spacing the towns far on the in game map and Unova's 50 bridges. But, they're more or less comparable in size.
>>
>>26681924
When did they reveal that Kanto was accesible in GS?

I doubt they are going to do that in SM, not that I would mind but knowing GF it's an almost non existant possibility, despite Kalos' loose threads
>>
>>26681022
kek nice meme faggot
>>
>>26681897
>We've still got dpad grid movement in S/M.
We don't, you can use the D-pad for more accurate movements but the game is entirely off the grid and meant to be played with the Circle pad.

>Kalos wouldn't look odd at all
Going from a region with a more natural and free form design resembling a real place to a region that's built around a grid?
It would be incredibly odd especially since it currently isn't designed around that perspective. It would require much more work than the two/three years S&M had.
>>
>>26682471
Have you seen that video with the new dog pokemon? It doesnt look far from what we've seen in XY
>>
>>26682471
Not to mention the doors will be all screwy. The SM models look too tall for the old style chibi scaled doors. They could scale everything up, but then it'd all look too odd.
>>
>>26682471
But that's literally going from Kalos to Hoenn this Gen
>>
File: r6hdkrvzxx5u87wocbjc.png (452 KB, 800x406) Image search: [Google]
r6hdkrvzxx5u87wocbjc.png
452 KB, 800x406
Apart from models for people it looks a lot like XY
>>
>>26682487
>It doesnt look far from what we've seen in XY
Perspective can go a hell of a long way, in any case it's still pretty far from X and Y in terms of design and layout.
Just look here. >>26682512

There's nothing on a grid and the world isn't designed around it like in X and Y.

>>26682497
What?
Both X Y and ORAS were on a Grid anon.
>>
>>26681405
Fucking this. It's unrealistic to expect two regions.
>>
>>26682497
You also don't physically travel between the two. ORAS is is more geometrical than XY, but it's still got the same scale and general 3D aesthetic too it.
>>
>>26681522
This. If they're too lazy to change the pokemon idle animations what makes you think they would rerender kalos at all?
>>
>>26682471
>but the game is entirely off the grid and meant to be played with the Circle pad.
Yeah, you could do that in OR/AS as well.
>>26682512
Well because it runs on the exact same engine and with more or less the exact same graphical style, obviously.
>>
>>26682660
>Yeah, you could do that in OR/AS as well.
Except the game was meant to be played with the Dpad in that game due to how geometrical and squared off the region was, the only reason to use the Circle Pad in ORAS was to sneak. Whereas in S&M it's the dominant method of control.
>>
File: 200px-562Desumasu.png (28 KB, 200x164) Image search: [Google]
200px-562Desumasu.png
28 KB, 200x164
>>26681954

Yamask?
>>
>>26682512
Exactly what I thought. Pokemon will never be 3D until it has a rotating camera, if you ask me. And SM doesn't have that.
>>
>>26681013
>pretty much confirmed
define oxymoron
>>
>>26682836
>Pokemon will never be 3D until it has a rotating camera
There are hundreds of games without a rotating camera that move in proper 3D stop being retarded.
>>
This is just dumb
>>
>>26681473
>BW2
Wasn't flying airships a thing wayyyy before that?
>>
>>26682926
Not in Pokemon.
>>
What if we only get South Kalos?
>>
Shut up faggot
>>
>>26682785
>the game was meant to be played with the Dpad
>a game "meant to be played one way" when there are options
Even if it's awkward for some, you could still do it.
>the only reason to use the Circle Pad in ORAS was to sneak.
It gives easier and more free movement, it's also full of optimization in speedrunning. It's not just a small inclusion, honestly.
>>
>>26683359
>Even if it's awkward for some, you could still do it.
How does that change the fact that it was extremely detremental to the gameplay and controlled horribly outside of sneaking? There was only one single use for the C-pad and it was sneaking.
>It gives easier
>easier
Except it doesn't it's incredibly inaccurate especially when entering buildings and using the bike, the game was meant and designed around the grid and d-pad. This isn't something you can argue.

>it's also full of optimization in speedrunning.
I assume you're talking about cutting corners diagonally. You are aware you can do that with the D-pad right and its a lot less time consuming because there's less frames when changing direction.

> It's not just a small inclusion, honestly.
Only because it's tied to the dexnav and sneaking mechanic, without that it'll be as pointless as it was in X and Y.
>>
>>26683492
>How does that change the fact that it was extremely detremental to the gameplay and controlled horribly outside of sneaking?
Uh, it really wasn't. It was an addition, how that extremely detrimental? Do you not like options or something?
>it's incredibly inaccurate especially when entering buildings and using the bike
It's accurate, maybe a bit sensitive but it took like no time for me to be comfortable with it.
>because there's less frames when changing direction
Argue that with the runners. From what I've heard the "extra turning frames" are outweighed by the pros of accurately cutting corners.
>Only because it's tied to the dexnav and sneaking mechanic
Well you can use it pretty much anywhere, can't you? You also do have 360 degree movement in soaring, which I would guess uses about the same code for movement as Freewalking Shoes.

I'm not gonna hammer on this for much longer, it's pretty stupid as there's barely anything different with S/M from X/Y outside of new mons. Well, that's as of yet, at least.
>>
File: Untitled.png (642 KB, 800x575) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
642 KB, 800x575
>>26683603
>how that extremely detrimental?
see
>Except it doesn't it's incredibly inaccurate especially when entering buildings and using the bike
And there's no issue with options but it's just a waste if the option makes the game worse.

>It's accurate, maybe a bit sensitive but it took like no time for me to be comfortable with it.
Are you just being contrarian now?
Because the game literally is not designed around the use of the circle pad outside of the sneaking mechanic and soaring which I admit I forgot.
Using it outside of those will either result in a loss of speed because you have to slow down when making corners or lining yourself up with something.

> From what I've heard the "extra turning frames" are outweighed by the pros of accurately cutting corners.
What little speedrunners there are for Pokemon would never use the Circle pad
One, because the DPad offers quicker movement at top speed at all times as well as the option of cutting corners easily.
Two, because there's zero frames between changing direction so where the Circle Pad would move in a bending shape the Dpad would make shorter and snappier movements without the fiddly nature of the Circle Pad.
Oh and I've never seen a speedrunner suggest using the circle pad ever because it goes against the whole idea of speedrunning.

>Well you can use it pretty much anywhere, can't you?
Yes but that doesn't change what's been said here that it's nigh useless outside of those things because of how impractical it is
>which I would guess uses about the same code for movement as Freewalking Shoes.
It doesn't.

>it's pretty stupid as there's barely anything different with S/M from X/Y outside of new mons.
The entire world design is different anon. Take a look here, aside from overall artstyle for obvious reasons the world design looks nothing like X and Y.
Saying barely anything has changed is like saying SMW and 64 was barely a change.
>>
File: shinji.jpg (80 KB, 500x522) Image search: [Google]
shinji.jpg
80 KB, 500x522
I'm gonna come back when /vp/ becomes more tech savvy.
>>
>>26683972
You think that'll ever happen? I mean, we have an anon that thinks that frames mean nothing to a speed runner.
>>
>>26684683
I don't know. I mean I get his points, but Hoenn is full of large stretches and especially so in water. So, circlepad movement cuts major time compared to some extra frames of turning around/placing yourself on grid again, which I believe almost never happens in a run. It's been a while since I've watched that run werster did.

How he can say "it doesn't" so fast without consideration must mean he knows more than me, somehow. I've been shitting at OR/AS in terms of modifying files no one has gotten to before, so I might need the guy if he knows more.
Anyway thanks for the bump, as it wasn't really needed
>>
>>26683972
D-do you want a hug, anon?
>>
>>26686559
No, I'm fine my crush is coming over to watch anime with me and maybe even sleep over
>>
To everyone going batshit about how "trains can't go underwater" or the even more bullshit idea that trains should float...

ENGLISH. CHANNEL.
It connects France (Kalos) to an island.

Will Kalos be included in Gen7? Unlikely.
Is it such a bad idea? Not really, Gen 6 IS pretty incomplete.
Should you outright dismiss it with idiot stuff like that? It's worse than the Alola is small\Unova's a circle\Gen7 legendaries have retard weaknesses memes.
>>
>>26686620
She's fucking another guy bro, sorry about that. You shouldn't ever trust women. Trust no one.
>>
>>26686663
that would imply she'd want to fuck anyone
>>26686651
It's honestly a worse idea for it to be 7th gen, if it is. Mostly because it would be cut short as well, because we're most likely getting a 3DS successor soon.
>>
>>26681028
Volcanion powered sea train one piece style
>>
>>26686663
>>26686695
oh and she generally doesn't have romantic feelings for anyone, can't be serious at all either
i just love her tho :3
>>
>>26686734
You could use my hug, anon; you are not fucking her, although I wish you did.
>>
>>26686740
nah don't want any of that, not even a kid and i respect her
>>
>>26681028
Soaring
>>
File: what the fuck.png (2 MB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
what the fuck.png
2 MB, 1280x960
>>26686792
>implying Lati@s are trains
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.