[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Make useless or basically useless moves, actually useful.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 5
File: Kenny_Alakazam_Teleport.png (1 MB, 1174x881) Image search: [Google]
Kenny_Alakazam_Teleport.png
1 MB, 1174x881
ITT: Make useless or basically useless moves, actually useful.

>Teleport
>+4 Priority
>When used, the move animation happens and the pokemon leaves the field, then the opposing pokemon does their move, but there is no target. Then the player who used teleport chooses a different Pokemon to switch to. So it's basically Protect with also being able to switch out. The turn after being used, Protect, Detect, Endure, King's Shield etc. will fail.
>>
>Hyper Beam
>1 hit KO
>Priority
>acts like uproar, but lasts 6 turns
>100% accuracy
>all other stats the same

should be good.
>>
Thats really sweet. As long it can fail like Protect if used repeatedly
>>
>>26677411
Make its max BP 3 and have it cost 33.33% health of the user and the Pokemon switched in and maybe it won't break the meta. Also take away its priority.
>>
>>26677411
That sound like a nightmare honestly. Can you imagine a set up sweeper getting denied and then taken out the very next turn?
>>
>Ice Shard
>Change base power from 40 to 60
>>
>>26677411
>any sport move (water sport,mud sport) increases the power of any same type move (water sport powers up water type moves, mud sport powers up ground move)
>>
>>26677422
Ofcourse. I said after being used, moves like that will fail.
>>
>Egg Bomb
>Becomes special instead of physical, accuracy increases from 75 to 90
>Given to some bird Pokemon because why not
>>
>>26677428
>Ice Shard
>Useless
Are you joking?
>>
>Sharpen
>Along with the attack increase, any Pokemon using a contact move against yours takes recoil damage

>Flatter
>Makes the opponent take confusion damage based on its special stats
>>
>Scald
>Now a 40% chance to burn

>Ice Beam is now dual Water/Ice STAB
>>
>>26678326
>Sharpen

Nice.

>>26678399
>Scald and Ice Beam
>Useless
>>
>>26678399
Would pokemon like lapras deal 2x damage with ice beam?
>>
>>26678399
My newfound waterfaggotry is starting to like this
>>
>>26677493
>what is rain dance
>>
Cut: Becomes Bug Type, deals 30% bonus damage to pokemon under 50% HP
>>
>>26678475
>what is early game
>>
>>26678458
Yes
>>
not a move but an ability
run away now completely ignores trapping moves, ingrain, and shadow tag/arena trap literally allowing the user to switch out whenever he wants
>>
Splash now lowers the foe's accuracy, is wide hitting, and does damage akin to surf depending on the Pokemon's weight.
>>
>>26677418
Honestly if they just made Hyper Beam have Gen 1 mechanis where if it landed a KO, there'd be no recharge, I think it'd be fine.
>>
>>26677686
I don't see why Egg Bomb would be special when similar throw-an-object-at-the-opponent moves like Seed Bomb and Bonemarang are physical.
>>
>>26678523
But Anon, the whole point of Splash is that it does nothing, because the Pokemon most known for it is Magikarp.

You must face the trials and tribulations of using Gen VI's EXP share to acquire the actually-good Gyrados. Magikarp shouldn't get good moves.
>>
>Bestow
>Removes the opponent's Pokemon's item and replaces it with the one the user is holding.

Right now the move will fail if the opponent is already holding an item, which ofcourse makes it useless because every pokemon in a competitive battle holds an item.
>>
>>26678556
Would Giga Impact have the same change? It's basically Hyper Beam but physical.
>>
>>26678594
>What is Trick/Switcharoo
>>
Electrify
+3 Priority
Makes the next 3 moves your opponent's Pokemon uses, turn to Electric type.

Could be a surefire way to get a free switch into a Ground type. And halt sweepers.
>>
>>26678618
Not the same thing.
>>
>>26678475
>What is Mud Dance?
>>
>>26678641
This is dumb
>>
>>26678618
Those make you switch items with your opponent. This would let you just give your opponent your item. Maybe you don't want your opponent's item.
>>
>>26678687
How is it dumb.
>>
File: evil laughter.gif (999 KB, 500x330) Image search: [Google]
evil laughter.gif
999 KB, 500x330
>>26677418
>Gardevoir and Sylveon become hyper cannons
>>
>>26678696
>+3 Priority
>Have some sanic Pokemon like Jolteon with Volt Absorb use it so it for sure beats most other priorities
>Absorb everything the enemy has
>Electrify runs out
>Use it again
>Invincible for another 3 turns
>Repeat
>>
>>26678599
Sure, I would think so.

I dont imagine it'd be too over-powered. You'd forgo a coverage move for a strong finisher of a weak type that's resisted by pretty common pokemon.
It'd bring in a nice element of play and counterplay too. If you know your foe has Hyper beam/Giga impact, you could switch to a pokemon that could take it and force a recharge. Alternatively the foe may want to hang onto their Hyper Beam/Giga Impact sweeper in the wings until your team is significantly softened, so you could play knowing that they're unlikely to bring it out.

Honestly, it might even need a power buff given that most STAB moves are near the same level of power anyway, and that there are hardly any OU viable normal types. Maybe to around 180 base.

Though, that'd make Mega-Kanga even more of a cunt to deal with, assuming any balance changes itd receive to make it OU usable in SM. Staraptor too. Hm. Something like this would need testing.
>>
>>26678738
Electrify is the signature move of Heliolisk. Obviously it would be stupid to ever give the move to anything that's immune to Electric type moves. Same as they would never give Wonder Guard to a pokemon with no weaknesses.
>>
File: surfingporyz.jpg (249 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
surfingporyz.jpg
249 KB, 600x800
>>26678744
I dunno about mainly-OU normal types, but Porygon-Z's a normally-UU normal-type special sweeper that's seen at least a bit of OU play. Something tells me that this improved Hyper Beam might raise the pory up a few notches, especially when Adaptability-boosted.
>>
>Mega Punch
>acts as a Knock Off against mega evolutions, forcing them back to their regular form

>Mega Kick
>does double damage against mega evolutions
>>
>>26678956
>Mega Gengar
>>
>>26678997
>Mega Lopunny
>>
Bide
Does nothing when you select it. Then if you select this move 3 times in a row, during that 3rd time, the move will be an OHKO. Also it deals typeless damage.
>>
File: 1460324559921.jpg (265 KB, 600x754) Image search: [Google]
1460324559921.jpg
265 KB, 600x754
Tackle
Instant kill if opponent is in red health.
Sonic Boom
Potential to cause flinching.
Leech Life
Make it more like Leech Seed, also make it so that any items given to the victim by its trainer are given to the user of Leech Life.
Sand Attack
Make it cause confusion as well, since when you get something in your eye you might fuck yourself up trying to get it out.
Splash
Make it a Water move with varying power based on the User's weight.
Harden
Ups Attack as well as Defense, like an alternative to Curse.
>>
>>26679493
>Tackle
>Instant kill if opponent is in red health.
Interesting. But mostly useless.

>Sonic Boom
>Potential to cause flinching.
It would still be useless. 20 damage is way less than any other flinch inducing move would do.
>>
>>26678504
there is no reason this shouldnt be a thing
>>
>Present
>250 BP
>50% of the time it heals opponent by half health, 50% of the time it deals damage

>Growl
>Lowers opponent's attack by one stage as well as increases the user's attack by one stage

>Scratch
>Power increased to 70 and also lowers opponent's accuracy by one stage.
>>
>>26677425
>Make its max BP 3 and have it cost 33.33% health of the user and the Pokemon switched in and maybe it won't break the meta. Also take away its priority.
You miss the entire point.
>>
Present: Gives the target a copy of the user's item without taking it from the user.
The make Delibird fast and give it a new ability.
[Christmas Name]: For this Pokemon's first turn in, any physical or special moves aimed at it will not hit, because the opponent will flinch. Status moves and moves aimed at partners still hit, and hazards still hurt.
Delibird is now the king of doubles.
>>
Magic Room
>now effects Mega Stones
>>
>>26677411
>Memento
>Drops all the target's stats completely upon fainting
>>
>>26678478
You might as well make it Bug-type Brine
>>
>>26679889
>Present: Gives the target a copy of the user's item without taking it from the user.

So you can just keep doing it over and over again and give your opponent's whole team a useless choice item.
>>
>>26677411
Splash now always has a 25% chance of dodging the foe's attack even if used consecutively.
>>
>>26679157
>OHKO
>Typeless damage

You really are clueless anon
>>
>>26677411
Teleport
5 PP

The pokemon switches out and is replaced by a pokemon of the trainer's choosing. Like a non damaging U-Turn.
>>
>>26680475
Splash should harshly lower Attack by three stages. Is it viable?
>>
Gust removes entry hazards
>>
>>26678504
It's so annoying that this isn't how it works.
>>
>power up punch
>base attack reduced to 20
>sharply raises attack

>splash
>type changed to water type
>cannot get hit next turn
>also enables invulnerability to electric type moves.
>>
>>26680512
What are you talking about. OHKOs can do zero damage if the pokemon they're used against is immune to the type of the OHKO.
>>
>>26680554
Power up Punch is already great. And every Kangaskhan carries one.
>>
>>26680513
Thats useless, and a worse version of U-turn, Volt Switch, Baton Pass etc.
>>
>>26680513
make it +1 Priority, then yes
balanced since the incoming mon gets damaged, and it's not a widely spread attack
>>
>>26680580
Yeah it probably needs priority. Would be very useful for some mons. If there was a Storm Drain or Motor Drive pokemon on the team, you're essentially making the Teleport mon safe from those typings.
>>
>>26680411
Exactly.
Anyway, you'd have to Knock-Off first. And you couldn't switch many times if they have pebbles up.
The main purpose would be to give tons of Sitrus Berries to the doubles partner, I thought.
>>
>>26679493
Make leech life like draining kiss. It deals less damage than the more powerful draining moves but restores more health
>>
>>26677411
This is fucking stupid.
>>
>>26678997
>Scrappy
>>
>Acid and Acid Spray
>Super effective against Steel Types
>>
>>26678556
>>26678599
>specs porygon-z
>mega kangaskhan
nah
>>
>>26678956
Mega Lopunny now holds an Embargo on Mega Evolution.
>>
>>26680513
>>26680580

What the fuck is the point? Why wouldn't you just switch?
>>
>>26680580
>>26682677

you guys are dumb
>>
>>26682883
meant this guy >>26680573

not >>26680580
>>
>>26682616
Can it even learn those moves?
>>
>>26678956
I actually really like that idea. Though smogonfags may get mad.
>>
>>26678504
Wait, I don't have a lot of pokemon that had Run Away. Does that not work? Why?
>>
>nightmare puts the enemy to sleep itself as well as damaging them with nightmare
>>
>>26683522
Run Away literally only allows a pokemon to ignore speed when running from a wild battle
>>
>>26677686
>literally my bird's fetus attack

Ok, I'll try
>Grassy terrain
>Now only heals grass and bug pokemon, and they can't be 1HKO'd, acting as a sturdy for grass and bug type pokemon while the terrain is active
>>
>>26679807
>Present
>Half the time it's like you actually used a decent attack with a decent pokemon
>Half the time you are reminded you decided to use delibird
>>
Constrict
>50% chance to lower a random stat 1 stage
Strength
>20% chance to raise user's atk 1 stage
>>
Let me try

>Water Shuriken
>BP becomes 25

>Skull Bash
>Becomes a Water-type physical attack
>Increases both Defense and Sp. Defense on first turn

>Razor Wind
>Becomes a Flying-type move
>BP is now 130
>Always scores a critical hit (like Frost Breath)

>Submission
>BP 120, Accuracy 100%, Recoil 1/3 of damage dealt

>Snore
>BP increased to 80
>Pokémon will always wake up on next turn

>Nightmare
>Becomes a Special damaging move, in addition to inflicting the Nightmare state
>BP 100, Accuracy 100%
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.