[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can a mega fix aurorus /vp/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (462 KB, 776x1029) Image search: [Google]
image.png
462 KB, 776x1029
>>
Maybe.
>>
It has the worst typing possible. Even worse than a Bug/Ice type. But sure a Mega could fix him.
>>
only if it gives it a better typing
>>
Probably not, because it's doomed to the forever Rock typing that has plagued the fossil Pokémon forever.

However, crazier abilities and typing combinations have happened.

Here's to hoping that my bro gets a mega.
>>
>>26676979
If it becomes Electric/Ice (like an actual aurora) and gains 20 or 30 points in speed it has a chance
>>
Mega-Aurorus @ Aurorite
Rock/Ice
Ability: Marvel Guard
Marvel Guard makes the user immune to direct damage moves that are super effective.
HP: 123 => 123 (+0)
Atk: 77 => 17 (-60)
Def: 72 => 102(+30)
SpA: 99 => 149 (+50)
SpD: 92 => 122 (+30)
Spe: 78 => 128 (+50)

New Moves: Power Gem, Quiver Dance

Ability: Snow Warning/Refrigerate ->Marvel Guard
Modest Nature
4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe
Quiver Dance
Ice Beam
Power Gem
Earth Power

Should be UU
>>
File: 1341013021045.png (58 KB, 476x296) Image search: [Google]
1341013021045.png
58 KB, 476x296
>>26678390
>extremely pandering ability
+quiver dance? step it up bitch
>>
>>26678390
>should be UU
if this was an OC it would be a mary sue. Marvel guard is a reverse wonder guard and completely retarded
>>
>>26676979
Possibly. The lore around Mega Aerodactyl is that the mega restored it to it's natural form before revival, so if a lore wise Aurorus was a different type originally, then I can see them giving it a type change.

I think Ice/Electric makes a lot of sense. Not he best defensive typing, but a great offensive one. Could make for a good tank with some utility if done well.
>>
>>26678390
nice special snowflake meme ability, faggot
>>
Sure. All it needs is a large speed boost, small SpA boost, and to keep Refrigerate or go with Snow Warning and get Power Gem. If it doesn't have Rock Polish, that'll help too.

In fact a marginal speed boost to like 78 and a massive SpA boost along with rock polish, it'll do fine so long as it gets power gem. It'd be a great cleaner with ridiculous coverage. It already gets earth power, freeze dry, and tbolt IIRC.
>>
>>26678577
Just give it marvel guard :^)
>>
>>26678513
OP asked if it was possible. He's showing that yes, it is indeed possible. He's not claiming that it's likely, or even a good idea, just that it can be done.
>>
Give it a huge boost to special attack and the ice equivalent of Gale Wings.
Boom! Tearing up assholes with 100% accurate priority Blizzards.

A one trick pony but that's one of the few non bullshit ways to make it useful.
Oh and that Electric typing sounds great.
>>
>>26678390
I think you misspelled Ubers
>>
>>26676979
making it pure Ice and giving it better Special Attack would go a long way. Not like it gets Power Gem anyways, and it would be interesting to see a Fossil Mega going the opposite direction from Mega Aerodactyl, i.e. purifying away the Rock typing
>>
>>26676979
Possibly. Fuck Rock typing, it doesn't even look like one. Make it Electric Ice, because that sounds cool as shit. Give it +20 to each defense, +30 to SpA, and +30 to Spe.
Keep Refrigerate.

It's defensive typing is much better, loosing those double 4x, and the water, grass, and Steel weaknesses while gaining none, and keeping its resistance to flying.

It already learns plenty of electric type moves, just add them to its formal move list and call it a day.
>>
>>26676979
Its gotta pull a Metagross and gain massive speed, or change type somehow
>>
>>26678390

These guys >>26678459 >>26678482 >>26678513 >>26678734 all missed the joke
>>
>>26676979
Just give it the Mega Aggron treatment.
>>
>>26678390
Primal-Aurorus @ (No item required for primal fossils)
Fairy/Ice
Ability: Absolute Zero
Absolute Zero freezes any pokemon (Even Ice types) with any ice move used by this pokemon while in hail.

>Stats after mega evolving.
Atk:7
Def:42
Spa:149
SpD:42
Spe:178

New Moves: Ice Shard, Light Blast (Fairy 120 8PP 95%Acc move) Fire Blast, Geomancy.
>>
Mega Aurorus
Rock/Ice
Ability: Harsh Winter (Ice type version of Delta Stream)
>Affects weather and eliminates all of the Ice type's weaknesses.

HP 123
Atk 77
Def Def 112 (+40)
SpA 129 (+30)
SpD 122 (+30)
Spe 58

Access to Power Gem and Moonblast
>>
Mega aurorus
Rock/ice
Ability: aura Flux: the user produces a protective aura that swaps type effectiveness on this pokemon (basically gains "inverse battle" qualities)

It is now a good defensive pokemon
>>
>people making up dumbass abilities
>giving it smogon stat spreads
You can fix any Pokemon doing that shit at least make it plausible
>>
>>26676979
I want to fuck it.
>>
Mega Aurorus
Rock / Ice
Refrigerate / Snow Warning > ??
HP: 123
Atk: 77
Def: 72 > 92 (+20)
SpAtk: 99 > 119 (+20)
SpDef: 92 > 112 (+20)
Speed: 58 > 98 (+40)

tried to keep it within reason

Can take another hit or two but not by much, 98 speed is a huge boost especially with Rock Polish, just a bit more power

Not sure about ability cause fuck making up OP abilities for mega mons like fucking Kanga and son, i'd imagine it'd keep one of the two it has now, it's just a question of which

tho really if Hail gave Ice types a 50% Def boost like how Sandstorm boosts Rock SpDef it'd be no question
>>
>>26682356
Tell me why I should use this and not just a Weakness Policy + Rock Polish set.
>>
>>26682377
the speed, mainly, 98 speed at +2 would be able to outspeed a lot of shit and make a good clean-up sweeper compared to the RP set which i've found falls flat a lot against most dragon dancers, it still loses any 92 base speed mon at +1 and there are a lot of those
>>
>>26676979
Real talk, would Wonder Guard be broken for a Rock/Ice Pokemon? It has 6 really common weaknesses, piss defences and gaining wonder guard would mean it loses Snow Warning and Refirgerate.
>>
Mega fossils should all be like a primal version and lose their rock typing.
>>
>>26682635
Your mom's Mega should be like Mega Kangaskhan and have her retarded useless son step out of the basement and be productive.
>>
>>26682654

>American """"insults""""
>>
>>26682356
>>26682377

Actually you've made me question my logic, so imma tweak this

Mega Aurorus
Rock / Ice
Refrigerate / Snow Warning > Refrigerate
HP: 123
Atk: 77
Def: 72 > 102 (+30)
SpAtk: 99 > 139 (+40)
SpDef: 92 > 102 (+10)
Speed: 58 > 78 (+20)

did some math and 78 base speed at +2 is enough to outspeed any mon at +1 with 120 base speed or lower, and there's not a whole lot of mons with higher than 120 base speed that can threaten it, dragon dancers especially -- it'll still outspeed Mega Salamence at +1 and that's a big thing

Refrigerate cause Ref. Hyper Voice outdamages Blizzard and hail doesn't stay up forever

balanced the defenses to take an extra hit or two on either side to boost easier

way higher attack to be more comparable to the WP set

hows this, then
>>
>>26676979
Megas make everything better.
Except when they don't.
>>
>>26676979
Changing the way hail works on Ice types would help too. Boosting defense by 50% as many been suggesting for years now.
>>
Would rather have another ice type like frosslass or Weavile get a mega. Plus plenty of fossil mons that should get a mega.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.