[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Generation thread. Why should I love the new ones?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (82 KB, 640x608) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82 KB, 640x608
Generation thread. Why should I love the new ones?
>>
Because they're all good and fun and it's Pokemon and Pokemon means a lot to us.
>>
Because the number of bad designs each generation is decreasing, and playing online is easier than ever. Plus, while storywise XY is lacking, there are some pretty visuals like waterfalls and sunsets.
>>
>>26674913
>Because the number of bad designs each generation is decreasing

nice one
>>
>>26674913
>>26674927
Opinions aside, there are no objectively substandard Pokemon designs.
>>
Pokemon Bank
Friend Safari

etc
>>
You don't have to, but all gens are at least "good". 6 is a little fishy but I'd still say it's good
>>
>>26674937
Goldeen's family's design I can't stand at all... Other than that, I agree
>>
>>26674891
because they're not terrible and complaining about things for the sake of complaining about things is what makes /vp/ so insufferable. if you like pokemon, play them. if you dont want to play them, you probably honestly never cared about pokemon enough to begin with. stop lying to yourself. stop denying yourself enjoyment just to somehow seem cooler and more intelligent to people. you aren't, and you don't.
>>
>>26674927
you don't get to decide what is good and bad design-wise. only gamefreak does. your opinion doesn't fucking matter, it is not fact and never will be fact. arbitrarily disliking something to fit in with the edgy crowd doesn't make that thing inherently bad. you're shitty and your opinions are shitty.
>>
>>26674937
I'd say a lot of gen 1 is bland and uninspired. brown animals and normal birds. pokemon designs have only ever gotten better with each gen, and anybody who thinks otherwise is a nostalgia-blind faggot with no actual eye for design.
>>
>>26674891
There's a lot of good ideas they have in the new games. Whether you can put up with the bad ones depends on you.
>>
>>26674891

I feel like there's a joke to be made with that picture.
>>
Mega was a mistake.
>>
>>26675201
Do you think I give a shit for the topic? I just wanted to share the picture.
>>
I died laughing the moment I saw this pic
>>
>>26675298
My pleasure, anon.
>>
>>26675201
hillary has a loosey goosey
>>
>>26674900
first post best post
>>
>>26674937
>slightly bigger angry poliwhirl
>three digletts stuck together
>upside-down smug voltorb
>two-scoop vanillite with a straw
>not objectively substandard

Ignoring aesthetics which are subjective anyway, any design that's "it just gets bigger" (and I mean that literally, not the way /vp/ uses it) or "it's just multiples of the first one stuck together" (aside from Magneton which works because fucking magnets and maybe Doublade which has the coat-of-arms thing going on) is objectively bad from a creative standpoint. You can like the way they look, like you said it's all opinions, but don't pretend they had any kind of thought put into their designs.
>>
>>26675298
Same.
>>
File: Whut.png (393 KB, 465x560) Image search: [Google]
Whut.png
393 KB, 465x560
>>26675022
>realizes how many brown birds are in gen 1
>>
>>26674937
>opinions are always correct because nothing is objective :^)

dex filler elemental monkeys were a mistake
>>
>>26675022
>Chuck a load of random shit on the page, as long as it's original it's good!
Fuck OFF.
>>
>>26675201
It's from reddit
>>
File: tumblr_inline_mn2axwrceZ1qz4rgp.png (261 KB, 500x450) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mn2axwrceZ1qz4rgp.png
261 KB, 500x450
>>26674891
>Ahnegão
HUEHEUEHUHEUEHEUEHUEHEUEHUEHE
>>
>>26675517
Guilho da pita! AHUHAHUHA
>>
>>26675480
Wow, other than the legendary birds, every single gen 1 bird is brown. I never noticed it until now.
>>
>>26675022
>>26675480
>>26675608
And yet every single one of them looks better than the Pidove line :^)
>>
>>26675022
>if you disagree with me it's because of nostalgia and I can literally never be wrong
>new is always better

You are literally a reverse nostalgiafaggot, you blind hypocrite.
>>
>>26675623
Okay.
>>
>>26675201
it's a photoshop
>>
>>26675201
Gee you fuckin think?
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.