[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So Solgaleo is pretty clearly based on alchemy -- Are there any
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 11
File: IzSkN57[1].png (665 KB, 984x452) Image search: [Google]
IzSkN57[1].png
665 KB, 984x452
So Solgaleo is pretty clearly based on alchemy -- Are there any solid theories out there regarding Lunala?
>>
>>26673772
It's related to Nightmare from Kirby.
>>
File: latest[1].png (166 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
166 KB, 400x240
>>26673804
I'm more inclined to think of this guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7o9odk9Agg
>>
>>26673772
It turns into a dreamcatcher, Native American lore perhaps? Or is it a moon dial, fuck think i just answered my own question.
>>
>>26673926
The reason I love Lunala so much is that she reminds of a M&L RPG villain
>>
File: lunula.jpg (16 KB, 300x262) Image search: [Google]
lunula.jpg
16 KB, 300x262
>>26673772
I was under the impression that it was loosely based on pic related, entirely because of the name.
>>
>>26674222
>>
>>26674271
Yeah, I know it's a moon-worship jewelery thing and the Romans had similar stuff awarded to girls to mark them as pure and innocent or something... But I only really remembered the name from my old Irish history school work.
But, like, that's definitely part of it, right? Has to be
>>
>>26673772
I've seen a theory that Lunala is based around the alchemical symbolism of birds in general, birds representing the souls journey to the afterlife or spirit world which would explain the Ghost-typing it has.

"Firstly, let us look at the symbols in general. What did the alchemists wish to symbolize by birds? The essential thing about birds is that they, having as their domain the air element, mediate between the earthly realm and the heaven world. The alchemist in observing the flight of birds, recognized in them a picture of the human soul undergoing spiritual development.

The soul, aspiring upwards, flying free of the restraints of the earth bound body seeking the heavenly light, only to have to return to the earthly consciousness again after the meditation, the alchemist symbolized by the bird. Thus the bird symbols, in alchemy, reflect the inner experiences of soul alchemy, the soaring of the soul free from the earth bound body and the physical senses. The soul, in the meditations of soul alchemy, touches upon the spiritual world, and brings something of this back into the outer life again. The birds as symbols mediate between the physical and spiritual worlds, they reflect certain archetypal experiences encountered by the soul in its development through the alchemical process."
>>
>>26673772
it's like you haven't been in the "beast who devours the sun" threads that have existed every single fucking day.

Lunala:
The moon in alchemy represents feminine qualities and pretty much things that are not solid/firm/stable etc. You could easily relate this to the realm of spirits, souls and emotion too. As a reflection of the sun, which represents solidity, masculinity, stability (the physical realm) Lunala's design and typing fit.

These are all linked to the 4 stages of Magnum Opus too:
nigredo, a blackening or melanosis
albedo, a whitening or leucosis
citrinitas, a yellowing or xanthosis
rubedo, a reddening, purpling, or iosis

Nigredo = blackening and death of the spirit/soul (Marshadow pls)
Albedo = reflection of sunlight to cleanse impurities (Lunala pls)
Citrinitas = stage of drawing in solar power (Solgaleo pls)
Rubedo = Reddening, the sun and the moon unite. The marriage of opposites. This is the sign of Alchemical success. Gold is also associated with Rubedo.
>>
>>26674541
>nigredo, a blackening
I know it's like laughing at Nigeria, but god damn
>>
>>26674541
>Rubedo = Reddening
>the sun and the moon unite
WAIT DID YOU JUST SEE THE ANIME THING EARLIER
FUUUUUUCK
>>
>>26674568
What anime thing?
>>
>>26674577
The webm in this >>26667827
>>
>>26673772
Back when the Barong poster kept posting I found this on the wikipedia.
>vampires missing their extremities

But it could be fucking anything.
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 500x333
>>26674555
Do you laugh at crayons?
>>
File: 250px-Magearna_XY_anime.png (55 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
250px-Magearna_XY_anime.png
55 KB, 250x250
>>26674591
Sort of creepy how relevant that is buuut Magearna is probably the stage of Rubedo.

It's essentially representing artificial life, it also has a third eye on its forehead like the others.
>>
File: cray-on!.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
cray-on!.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>26674648
yes
>>26674659
I see
>>
File: Carlos.jpg (17 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
Carlos.jpg
17 KB, 210x240
>>26674678
>cray-on
>>
>>26674678
it's ok anon I laugh at the words "niggardly" and "sniggering"

the niggardly nigerian named nigredo sniggered
>>
>>26674659
Rubedo could also be represented in the antagonist of this Gen, its incredibly likely that the goal of the evil team will revolve around alchemy (possibly to create Azoth aka the elixir of life or maybe to purify the human soul of all impurities) and if Rubedo is the sign of alchemical success then it would make sense for the antagonist to want to achieve it.
>>
>>26673772
The crescent is a little more mainstream in terms of representing the moon but it's an alchemical symbol as well. For both the moon and silver.
>>
>>26674798
Mar can also be for serpent, marriage or union and also to "obstruct"

Serpent is often found in nigredo, also in symboic representation of Azoth. In fact all the stages of magnum opus and their symbols can be found in Azoth imagery. Which would make sense due to it being the recipe for a philosophers stone.

To sum it up, all the legendary pokemon in sun and moon should represent Azoth as a whole anyway. It's hard to tell if Marshadow is being considered Nigredo or Rubedo due to the whole Mar prefix going on, but we'll know the moment we see what it looks like. I just assume it's nigredo due to the shadow suffix in its name :U
>>
File: VA04.jpg (165 KB, 522x600) Image search: [Google]
VA04.jpg
165 KB, 522x600
>>26674932 (You)
forgot that ALSO an eclipse would do great things for its name and the stage of Rubedo. Marring (to obstruct) and literally uniting (Mar in Marriage). Forcing a shadow on the world as an eclipse would explain the shadow part of its name (and incorporating Nigredo), further if the serpent is used in Marshadow's design it could just show that it's the infinite loop symbolized in Azoth. The serpent from Nigredo provides the form of Ouroboros which infinitely bonds everything together in alchemy and magnum opus.

(see pic for the bound up sun and moon by what is essentially Ouroboros)
>>
>>26675050
*fuck and also represents hermes and mercury in terms of caduceus and not ouroboros. Since caduceus is symbolic for "trade" or transmuting in alchemy e_e honestly we need to see Marshadow to know which fucking stage or symbolism it is gehjfel;kwel.
>>
File: 4edd0a501861331d64000000.jpg (15 KB, 400x350) Image search: [Google]
4edd0a501861331d64000000.jpg
15 KB, 400x350
DEEPEST
LORE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8llADuptdsM

Magearna's arms also open up into arm cannons shaped like the ultimate weapon/AZ's Floette's flower
>>
>>26673772
necromancy, motherfucker.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.