[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we all agree mega evolution was a mistake or, at lest, poorly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1408957870428.jpg (76 KB, 350x376) Image search: [Google]
1408957870428.jpg
76 KB, 350x376
Can we all agree mega evolution was a mistake or, at lest, poorly planned?

>Some Pokemon needed the boost and have become very powerful such as Mawile and Pinsir.

>Some have become TOO good like Rayquaza and Kangaskhan.

>Then there are those that could have been given regular evolutions like Banette and Audino.

Would we still have cross-gen evolution still if it wasn't for the introduction of Eviolite? Game Freak seems reluctant to create cross-gen anymore because Eviolite could take the attention away from their new Pokemon to it's older pre-evolution?

>"Could you imagine Eviolite Mawile?!"

At lest there's Knock Off or Theft. You don't have that choice with Mega Evolution.

We'll never have a Banette evolution counterpart for Dusknoir. Kangaskhan will never be seen without a child because it's required for it's mega evolution.

From the wise words of Fujitsu himself -
"Mega evolution was a mistake."
>>
>>26673161
gotta agree
>>
Eh, it's okay.

Many shit was already broken anyways, and there can always be nerfs to base stats, god, I hope they do that.

If not, there's always casual play and lower tiers.
>>
>>26673161
>Kangaskhan will never be seen without a child because it's required for it's mega evolution.
Thats not true, Kangaskhan has always had its baby. Since gen 1.

>Some have become TOO good like Rayquaza and Kangaskhan.
Do you understand typing? Mega Kang is easily out maneuvered, especially since the moveset people use is so repetitive.
>>
>>26673237
I guess OP was talking about mega mom in smogon tiers?
>>
Just give Dunsparce an evolution JewFreak
>>
>>26673307
Nope. Just slap on a new type, no new moves and an ability worse then the ones it has.
>>
I agree. I have a feeling some were already well planned evos but then megas came along.

They don't add anything of real value. You could get all the good parts from evolutions or HAs.

The real reason for megas is Spectacle creep. They wanted something new and flashy to sell the games. So now they might feel they have to outdo themselves. This path only leads to destruction.
>>
I think it's clear that they were poorly planned.

When Mega Mewtwo Y was introduced, it was called the Awakened Forme. Yes, I know it has Insomnia, but I think that it wasn't a "mega" per se when they introduced it; it was just a new forme (like Giratina getting a new forme)

Why wouldn't they just introduce it as "mega mewtwo"
>>
>>26673161

It's pointless, lore wise.

Battle wise, It's useful.
>>
>>26673161
It's an incredibly unfitting concept to introduce into pokemon. Pokemon are animal like creatures with background and context about their behaviors and habitats that play into their designs and how they evolve. Megaevolution kinda shits all over that, especialy shit like Mega Heracross.

It worked for just Mewtwo alone but extending it to others was just awkward. An artificial pokemon finding a way to evolve was very appropriate but the whole Mega Stones stuff just killed it.

Just a giant competitive gimmick that hardly fits in the regular game. They even had to go as far as alt dimensions for it. I'm not going tl criticize the competitve diversity it introduces though, nothing wrong with it, bit generally it's just stupid as hell.
>>
>>26674857
To not spoil mega forms
>>
>>26674930
Calling it 'Awakened Form' implies so much more than rocks that evolve specific pokemon further. They don't even call it that for other Megas. I feel it was a rushed change in concept.
>Mega Stones are irradiated Evolutionary Stones created by Xerneas'/Yveltal's power according to Sycamore
>Oh wait they're also weird meteor rocks bathed in green light
>This somehow causes very particular pokemon to evolve
>Even one made artificially in a lab
>>
Three years later and /vp/ still can't stop crying about Megas and Fairies.

Thank God this board didn't exist when Steel and Dark-types were introduced, I'm sure the whining here about "this new thing" would have been epic with that too.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.