[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Legend of Thunder couldn't be the gen 2 anime instead
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7
File: yoshi.jpg (50 KB, 319x238) Image search: [Google]
yoshi.jpg
50 KB, 319x238
>Legend of Thunder couldn't be the gen 2 anime instead of some three parter stuck in the beginning of Chronicles
>We couldn't get a slightly altered protag each gen instead of Ash every single gen

anime sucks desu
>>
I liked when Typhlosion gave him that fucking face because no shit you like Krystal
>>
They should have done this, similar to how Digimon made multiple heroes each season. They could keep Ash similar to how season 2 kept the original Digidestined.
>>
>>26670522
this 2bh
>>
>>26670174
I remembered that part. Typhlosion's face was priceless
>>
I can't take someone named Jimmy seriously
>>
>>26670161

Agree. The anime series suck.
>>
>>26670522
>>26670785

why fuck didn't they do that, I was just pondering that a half hour ago.
>>
>gold has always been my fav protag.
>this got me fucking hyped as a kid, and though chronicles was going to be more about ethan/gold
>ash returns in the normal series

Why even live
>>
>>26670161
>some three parter stuck in the beginning of Chronicles

It's a TV special from 2001 4Kids cut up and slapped onto the start of a collection of a bunch of entirely unrelated material, you uneducated pleb.
>>
File: best starter.png (424 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
best starter.png
424 KB, 600x450
>>26670174
>>26670800
>>
File: image.png (24 KB, 150x115) Image search: [Google]
image.png
24 KB, 150x115
>>26670174

This one right?
>>
>>26670161
They're overly cautious.

But they had a point. Look what happened when YGO changed protagonists from a marketing perception.
>>
>>26671906
*perspective
>>
>>26671906
One could ask why they're cautious about a switch up. After all, the pokemon anime is the only anime I've ever seen not have the protagonist age, be replaced, or the show end. Logically, they should have had multiple protag's or an older ash by this point.
>>
>>26672635
>After all, the pokemon anime is the only anime I've ever seen not have the protagonist age, be replaced, or the show end
You must watch extremely little anime, then.
>>
>>26670161
The anime depresses me because there's a lot of potential for interesting stories in the Pokemon universe, and you would think the anime would expand on the possibilities, but instead it's mostly just really generic. I don't understand why one of the most popular franchises ever with a rich world to explore has such crappy adaptions.

Switching protagonists every gen might not make the anime great but it would be a definite improvement.
>>
>>26672635
you've never seen case closed?
been going strong for about 22 years and literally zero progression in plot/ romance or literally anything.
>>
>>26672853
Because satoshi tajiri writes the anime
>>
File: 1456986293667.png (275 KB, 404x341) Image search: [Google]
1456986293667.png
275 KB, 404x341
>>26672936
not anymore
>>
>>26672635
>After all, the pokemon anime is the only anime I've ever seen not have the protagonist age, be replaced, or the show end.
Watch more anime then.
>>
>>26672635
If you ignore the japanese aspect, american cartoons and even comics have been doing that forever. When was the last age difference you saw in Batman, the Simpsons, or anything like that?
>>
>>26673205
Japanese long-runners do the same, too. The people that sperg about Ash still being 10 have generally watched Pokemon, Dragonball and nothing more.
>>
>>26670522
So like what Adventures did, with old protagonists popping in and out?
>>
>>26673205
>When was the last age difference you saw in Batman

Haven't Batman and Superman and other superheroes died before? It seems they can "progress," but they just keep hitting the reboot button, like that Spiderman comic where he sells his marriage to the devil or something.
>>
File: image.jpg (14 KB, 296x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14 KB, 296x200
>>26670959
>as a kid
>ethan
>>
>Other protags never

I really wished Ash had been retired
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.