[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what is stopping anyone else from catching pokemon that someone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: Ash_and_Goodra.png (930 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Ash_and_Goodra.png
930 KB, 1280x720
So what is stopping anyone else from catching pokemon that someone else used to own?

Like, what's stopping someone from finding Goodra or Pidgeot and catching it?
>>
>>26670057
The game's programming.
>>
>>26670057
Anime shit says that as long as the pokeball is intact the pokemon can't be caught in one by anyone else.
So pretty much you could loose your growlithe in the woods and nobody would be able to catch it unless you release it.
>>
File: 20160608_221118.png (5 KB, 47x44) Image search: [Google]
20160608_221118.png
5 KB, 47x44
>>26670057
Its immoral anon
>>
>>26670057
Pokemon that are released have the pokeball give out a blue light instead of red and other can catch that pokemon. Goodra was never released from its pokeball. Only left behind.
>>
>>26670057

Ash never actually "released" Pidgeot or Goodra, he just let them go.

In the anime, once a Pokemon is caught in a Pokeball, only that particular Pokeball can catch it until it's released.
>>
>>26670057
If they were properly released, then there's nothing stopping them. Ash's Infernape was originally Paul's Chimchar, and Ash caught it almost immediately after Paul released it.
>>
>>26670057

Ash didn't actually release them.

If the ball hits an owned mon it just bounces off. They showed it in the Tyrantrum episode.
>>
>>26670057
I just realized goodra's antennae is supposed to look like pigtails.
>>
>>26670088
fuck is that
>>
>>26670091
>>26670100
>>26670103
Then what do they count as? If Ash never properly released them, where does he keep their pokeballs? Wouldn't it count as him having more than 6 pokemon out?
>>
The power of friendship
>>
>>26670353
>Wouldn't it count as him having more than 6 pokemon out?
are the secret police going to track him down?
>>
>>26670472
I'm just asking. I remember early on in the series they said a trainer wasn't allowed to have more than 6 pokemon at any given time. I think it was the Krabby episode.
>>
>>26670353
>>26670484

I'm pretty sure he can send the ball to Oak for safekeeping without the Pokemon, there's gotta be rules in place for this.
>>
>>26670484
Yes, it was stated that this was the Pokémon League's rules.
>>
>>26670554
There's probably rules for all sorts of shit, but they're never gonna fucking tell. Because why expand the world when you can just have Ash visit Generic Village #459 and solve some stupid problem that may or may not involve an evil team.
>>
File: nszorua.png (11 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
nszorua.png
11 KB, 256x192
>>26670057
I don't know about anime but in the games you could catch N's released Pokémon
>>
>>26670801
What are the odds of this happening?
>>
>>26671414
It can't be too hard, I found two without looking. I think you can only find them if you do the sync thing between BW and BW2 though.
>>
>>26671450
Wish they would expand on this. Like instead of releasing from the PC you had to do it in the wild. You could then encounter whatever you released again on that route.
>>
File: jessie dustox.png (400 KB, 723x449) Image search: [Google]
jessie dustox.png
400 KB, 723x449
Proper releases are very rare in the anime, though they have happened. Most notably was when Paul released Chimchar, it looked like a reverse return but with a blue beam instead of red if I remember correctly.

Or they do it in a more forceful way...
>>
As long as its pokeball is still intact, other pokeballs won't work on it so it can't be caught

That being said, even if its pokeball was destroyed, it won't go with any trainer it doesn't want to be with. If it got caught, it'd simply get out of its pokeball, then it'd destroy the ball and leave the trainer behind. Trainers can't keep pokemon against their will
>>
File: 1408468853853.gif (82 KB, 599x533) Image search: [Google]
1408468853853.gif
82 KB, 599x533
>>26670484
This is actually quite interesting.

It's obvious that the 'real' reason you can't have more than 6 pokemon at any given time in the anime, is that within the game this is the limit. The limit in the game being 6 is because having more would make it too easy, there has to be some limit.

In the Krabby episode, Ash had to send one pokemon back to Oak and it was somehow noticed that he was carrying what is defined as too many.

So then, how can he have Pidgeot, for example, going on about his own stuff without it being the same as having 7 pokemon? Is there a limit to the amount of pokeballs allowed to exist within the range of a certain pokedex? Then, how would you know who the pokeballs belong to?

In gym battles, you don't even have to have your pokemon within their pokeballs before you begin, as we frequently see with Pikachu. Technically, Ash could be carrying 6 pokeballs and a loose Pidgeot without anyone noticing.

Going back to the games. Technically, you can have up to 8 pokemon not in your PC at any given time, by having 2 of them in daycare. How does this not count as having 8 pokemon with you? I don't know, but we do know that you can't carry a 7th even if you try to get it from daycare, meaning the limit we're looking for here has to do with the amount of pokeballs you're carrying.

But, if it has to do with pokeballs being carried - who is to say Ash can't have Pidgeot's ball somewhere far away, be carrying 6 pokeballs and thus having 7 pokemons on him at any specific moment?

I don't understand, life's too confusing.

Translating game mechanics into anime was done poorly. I would suggest something along the lines of just stating something like people going for badges and ultimately the pokemon league are only allowed to use 6 pokemons at a given time, just as a rule with punishments if not followed. This instead of having an abstract concept of there not being allowed,for whatever reasons, to be more than 6 pokemons on a trainer at a time.
>>
>>26672079
>edgy picture
>overly long and autistic post to some guy who probably doesn't even care
gettin' real summer in here
>>
>>26672079
Slow down buddy. It's clear in both games and anime that what matters isn't where the Pokemon are, it's about the pokeballs. You hand the pokeball over to the daycare owner, and they let the Pokemon out and keep the pokeballs with them. When Ash lets a Pokemon out without actually releasing it, he probably sends the Pokeball back to Oak. In Gym battles, you're allowed to battle using the six Pokemon whose Pokeballs you have on your person. If Ash's Pidgeot or Goodra showed up and became a 7th Pokemon, he'd be disqualified, just as if a random Pokemon wandered in and started fighting.

TL;DR Six PokeBALL limit, not Pokemon
>>
>>26671796
But that happened with Ash's Snorlax, and it still listened to him. They just had to bring him to the Pokecenter for some reason.
>>
>>26671414
I think it was like 1/64 of it happening
>>
>>26673182
>long posts are bad
Back to twitter with you.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.