[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was thinking about how SM could be like GS, sort of like how
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Sketch94172747.jpg (66 KB, 699x540) Image search: [Google]
Sketch94172747.jpg
66 KB, 699x540
I was thinking about how SM could be like GS, sort of like how XY is a lot like RBG

>Sun = gold in alchemy
>Moon= silver in alchemy
>Tin/Bell tower looking location in one of the islands
>The kid in the nip trailer moves from Japan, kid moves into Alola in game. Johto is one of the region's based off Japan pan
>Both are smaller regions compared to others

I even looked up what Ho-Oh was based on and I found pic related, I found that on a wiki article about the Chinese phoenix, the "Fenghuang", who's Japanese name is literally "Houou".

I don't know if I've ever seen a sun being drawn like that outside of Solgaleo and he emblem.

Could this mean anything or am I a crazy person?
>>
>>26669522
> sort of like how XY is a lot like RBG

How is XY "a lot like RBG"? Every comparison I've ever seen has been that Gen V was like RBG, whereas XY was more comparable to GSC.
>>
>>26669522
Good read OP, alot of it makes sense and good find on the whole Gold Silver corelation between SM and GS.
>>
>>26669522
I don't care as much about the lore unless we actually get a second region/Kalos. The defining element of GSC was the ability to go back to a previous region.

>>26669560
Gift Kanto starters feat. Kanto Megas, gift Lapras, Snorlax blocking a route, direct Red and Blue color scheme, Mewtwo in the cave, Kanto Legendary birds, etc.
>>
>>26669560
>Santalune forest is literally the same layout as viridian forest
>Pikachu is found there
>Youngster joey
>First encounter is with pidgeot
>Snorlax is blocking path and needs pokeflute to wake him up
>First gen starters given out
>Pikachu says his name as in yellow
>Mewtwo post game, even the cave hes in uses the same name as gen I did
>Legendary birds
>Pokeball factory
>Reuses sound effects for moves
>bill is mentioned
>Blue is mentioned
>Flare's base uses similar puzzles
>>
>>26669641
>I don't care as much about the lore unless we actually get a second region/Kalos

That's why I think Alola looks so small, and why they left shit unsolved in Kalos like Zygarde and Floette
>>
>>26669693
in b4 the million of replies that will derail this thread because (you) mentioned Zyfag and Vagina fairy
>>
>>26669748
Meme post: the meme
>>
>>26669641
Probably not going back to Kalos, but definitely continuing the story.

>Perfect Zygarde and its chest colors
>Magearna connected with AZOTH and AZ
>all of the alchemy shit
>Magearna is in the XY TCG set despite being a Gen VII mon
>>
There is a Japanese city(though there's a Chinese city as well in Alola. They could also possibly give out the Johto starters in these games this time, with mega evolutions after.
>>
>>26669641
>The defining element of GSC was the ability to go back to a previous region.
The defining element was the mystery and discovery of new Pokémon.
>>
>the tech in the game is similar to the PokeGear, complete with Radio and Phone
>Johto Starter given to you early on with Mega Stone
>Togepi Egg is received after the first Gym
>first cave will be eerily similar to Union Cave or there's a cave requiring multiple HMs, namely Flash that connects one extreme end of the region to the other
>Unown will have their own area that's being extensively researched
>Sudowoodo is blocking a path so you need a watering can to fight it
>Legendary Beasts will each roam an Island after awakening them
>NPC wants a trade their Pokemon for a Pokemon with a specific Gender
>Ho-oh and Lugia can be found in postgame
>Alola doesn't have its own League, just Gyms so the protagonist has to travel to another region and tackle their Victory Road, E4 and Champion
>postgame areas contain most Pokemon with the New Type (I.E Fairy will be a rare type in Alola)
>>
>>26669890
No it's not, you misunderstand. People remember Kanto for being the first, Johto for two regions and ancient towers/ruins with roamers, Hoenn for water routes and battle frontier, Sinnoh for mountains and marshes with creation lore, Unova for being an Americanized reboot, and Kalos for French romantic culture as well as 3D graphics.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.