[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>OR/AS were better than Emerald >X/Y were bad >HG/SS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
File: kee.jpg (66 KB, 406x406) Image search: [Google]
kee.jpg
66 KB, 406x406
>OR/AS were better than Emerald
>X/Y were bad
>HG/SS weren't the best in the series
>BW1 were better than BW2
>Gen 1 still the best
>>
File: 1464563793224.jpg (317 KB, 1024x742) Image search: [Google]
1464563793224.jpg
317 KB, 1024x742
>>26669482
>>BW1 were better than BW2
This.
Holy fuck why does everyone think otherwise. Fuck your older Pokemon.
>>
File: Xerneas.png (370 KB, 1024x1267) Image search: [Google]
Xerneas.png
370 KB, 1024x1267
>>26669482
I actually like Pokemon X. Xerneas is a wonderful legendary. And the Pokemon introduced are nice.
>>
>>26669482
X/Y were really fun on release week, but whenever I try to go back to them now, it's just not the same.
>>
>>26669482
>OR/AS were better than Emerald
Wrong.
>X/Y were bad
Right.
>HG/SS weren't the best in the series
Wrong.
>BW1 were better than BW2
Eh, it was better in some aspects and worse in others, I liked only having new Pokémon but there was less content.
>Gen 1 still the best
Nope.
>>
File: 1396479147651.jpg (45 KB, 225x349) Image search: [Google]
1396479147651.jpg
45 KB, 225x349
>>26669482
BW/BW2 > HG/SS > OR/AS > DP/P > FR/LG > RS/E > G/S > RG/B
objective
>>
>>26669505
what? you just contradicted yourself.
>>
>>26669602
Kek you are completely wrong
>>
>>26669482
>>X/Y were bad
They were, yes.
>>
>>26669505
Bw1 was better story wise, but PWT was the best end game ever

>>26669482
X/Y almost made me quit playing pokemon and I've been playing since gen 1
>>
The only objective ranking:
HGSS>PLAT>BW2>FRLG>ORAS>BW1>XY
>>
>good taste thread
>>
>>26669482

>XY were bad

No, XY were terrible.

Don't get me wrong, I like the new pokemon. Space deer is a great legendary, and the starters are at worst on par with gen 2 fuck you chikorita line . Fairy type was handled reasonably well, a few too many resistances, but it's not OP on the new pokemon introduced.

No, it's the fact that everything else is awful. Kageyama was put in charge of orchestrating an entire soundtrack after making a few decent tracks, and he flopped it. The locations are boring and tedious, with the cities being being cafe machines, and the only damn ice route in the series that's actually terrible.

The characters on both sides are awful, with your rivals ranging from weak to actual jokes, your professor literally letting the main villain spout out justifications for genocide in the middle of a cafe and praising him for his passion (unless this is an allusion to Vichy france), the champion is meh but at least her music is decent, the gym leaders are forgettable with the exception of korrina and... no that's it, the elite four even more so and even looker and some random robot can't save this game with what I assume was meant to be an amusing postgame quest.

The clothing options were pretty meh too. If I can't dress my trainer up like previous trainers, or trainer classes, or gym leaders, or pokemon, or anything mildly amusing whatsover, I really don't care for it. I can change my jacket colour, whoop de fucking doo.
>>
>>26670495
Wow kill yourself.
>>
>XY were bad
When will this meme die? (probably after sun and moon)
>>
>>26671473
SUN AND MOON ARE SHIT
SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT
>>
File: 1407825448018.png (404 KB, 735x611) Image search: [Google]
1407825448018.png
404 KB, 735x611
HGSS>Emerald>Platinum>BW2>BW1>FRLG>ORAS>XY
>>
>>26671473
This isn't Zelda. Bad games remain bad when a new Gen comes out. The only Gen where my opinion improved in the following Gen was BW1, I didn't really appreciate only having newer Pokémon until I saw all the Genwun pandering in XY.

S&M would have to fuck up REALLY bad in order to make XY look good by comparison, because XY already did almost everything wrong. They'd have to pull some shit like forcing gift Pokémon on your team without being able to box them for story sections (ORAS did that with Rayquaza but it was only for two battles, so it sucked but wasn't a big deal, not the biggest problem with the Delta Episode even), or for Rotomdex to be literally Navi and constantly bug you when you don't perfectly follow the linear path (it seems like it will have quest markers but if they aren't in your face and you have to go out of your way to look at them it'd be fine). Just something horrible that makes a large chunk of the game completely unenjoyable just on its own.
>>
>>26671473
This. Sun and Moon looks like shit.
>>
>>26671473
never
because its not a meme, its fact
>>
>>26671473
Not soon enough.
>>
>>26669482
It's okay, OP. I picked up your sarcasm.
>>
>>26669482
yes we all know none of these are true my friend, so what?
>>
>>26672756
>muh sprites
>my low poly models

Lol
>>
>>26669482
(You) really fucking got me
>>
>>26671473
When wifi comes goes out like on the regular ds, what will be your incentive to play them?
>>
>>26674338
They'll say online battles never mattered, just like single player and postgame don't matter. I don't know what they'll fall back to but XYfags will surely come up with a new defensefor their trainwreck.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.