[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tales from the tabletop
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: 200px-Nando_Budew.png (59 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
200px-Nando_Budew.png
59 KB, 200x150
>Playing an ace-trainer/commander
>dicking around in the starting town waiting for the party to finish shit before we leave
>wandering in the park, feel a tug on my pants leg
>budew is trying to get the bait in my pocket
>think it's a cutey and lean down to pick it up
>fucking poison point, losing 4 HP a round.
>toss out my ducklett as i go for a net.
>ducklett only had struggle for a normal attack, hits but then the budew uses absorb and almost causes an injury
>manage to net it, but budew then uses absorb on my trainer, almost killing me
>nat 20 on the throw, and using my net gives me +9 to the catch check
>succeed, caught a level 3 budew.
>pokemons fucked up and I have a 75% chance of making it to the pokemon centre without fucking dying

THIS MOTHERFUCKER BETTER CARRY ME TO THE END.
>>
>>26668755
This actually seems pretty fun desu.
>>
I don't get it
>>
>>26668755
Me love DnD.
Me love Pokemon.
How me play both like you?
>>
>2016
>playing d20

Why?
>>
>>26669798

Who unfroze a fucking Caveman and told them to shitpost on /vp/?

We don't need more young smelly fucks that need to shave or more 12 year olds, SO WHY ARE YOU DOING BOTH?!
>>
>>26669798
Google pokemon tabletop united
>>
>GMing for friends, create whole new region for exploring
>we were all part of Pokemon Sage, so I let each player get to pick a Sagemon
>instead of becoming the region's heroes, they end up murdering a scientist on accident and become fugitives
Life got in the way and we ended up stopping the game sometime last year. I miss that.
>>
>>26670047
Our GM isn't allowing fakemon, which I understand but it kind of sucks. Would love to use the better mashupmon.
>>
>Doing a campaign based on pokemon being randomly mutated
>Party has a Dragon type Slakoth, Ghost/Rock Onix, , and Electric/Fighting Pancham with Super Luck, so far.
I need to make up some total bullshit to get around the total bullshit I'm randomly rolling
>>
>>26670194
Type shifting can get crazy.
>>
>>26670219
Yeah. I'm just glad that one of my players got rid of a character he had. His shit was the most ridiculous. Electric Lopunny with Iron Barbs and bulky defensive stats was getting a bit ridiculous
>>
>>26670258
Haven't been playing long, but the best bullshit I've seen is normal ace + taskmaster who could proc the enhanced type ace buffs so they did +10 damage And had +10 DR
>>
>>26670067
Just bully your GM into allowing a Type Shifted Raichu, Ice/Electric and gets Ice Beam, Frost Breath, and Icy Wind somewhere along the line (because Ice Beam is a "one and done" thing that's barely even worth it). Make its mid ability Snow Cloak and you're good. Go ahead and fluff it up as the result of a Froslass possessing a Raichu, and any attempt to undo it would result in both their deaths.
>>
>>26670279
Actually if anyone has build or bullshit advice for PTU I'm all ears. Ace trainer and commander give me 5 stars in both passive and active support so idk what else to do
>>
>>26670279
Most bullshit thing I've seen is when we were allowed any Underdog 'mon as a starter, with one egg move. Friend of mine picked Archen just to make a timid fossil-lover. Turns out that in the early-game, Archen is nearly unstoppable, especially with Bite. Rock resists all Normal-type attacks and Flying can murder anything in the early-game, especially with Rock Throw murdering anything sent to counter it and no Electric-types showing up, and doubly especially once he got a typeshifted Rock/Grass Tangela fossil to cover his Water weakness.

>>26670374
I'm hardly an expert, but if you want to follow in my GM's footsteps, just make a Pumpkaboo, give it Flash Fire about 30 levels lower than it should have to counter what Fire-type we have, make Trick-or-Treat reusable, and supply five Zubats with Astonish. Then, when your party rightfully complains that their 4 Pokemon who are only a little over are getting shitstomped because the Archen got burned by WOW (yes, it had that too), tell them that you expected them to run, even though running doesn't actually work under the system because they can almost always move at the same or greater speed and continue to attack when they get close.
>>
Whats this about? DnD pokemon? Where can I sign up
>>
>>26670501
Pokemon Tabletop Adventures or Pokemon Tabletop United. Most people seem to like United, but I've always been more fond of Adventures.
>>
>>26670501
Yes, and it's pretty awful. It's designed for idiots who want to fight with fireballs and guns, instead of using pokémon.
>>
File: [Bait].png (85 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
[Bait].png
85 KB, 200x200
>>26670749
>>
I gotta say, if any of you are trying to get into a pokemon tabletop, expect shit to be dumb. I lucked out and my first group played the game through an entire campaign that spanned about two years, and I still play with them, today. I have only tried one or two other groups and each time they were just godawful. And my players tell me that all groups they've been in have been idiotic too.
Special snowflake characters that are broken, idiot GMs and players trying for the first time because they love pokemon, edgelords, edgelords constantly made at new GMs and players, campaign settings that take away from the gameplay (usually because they're bad) like pokemon in space, or pokemon survival horror.
You've gotta wade through a lot of shit to get to a good pokemon campaign.
>>
>>26670937
My first GM was utter shit for the classic TTRPG reasons (not for anything to do with Pokemon, but for throwing a literal god at us at Lv. 2 and making us appease him). One of the players was an edgelord ninja, but overall could have been worse. The next game I tried, one of our players was an exaggerated "lol feelings are irrational" who felt the need to make a fucking speech about it, but he did tone it down. On the other hand, I made everything a little too easy as GM, and the game kinda folded in around finals.
>>
File: Shinto Cover.jpg (394 KB, 1499x1331) Image search: [Google]
Shinto Cover.jpg
394 KB, 1499x1331
>>26670999
A god at level 2 isn't necessarily that ridiculous. I only say that because the first campaign I did, I decided to base encounters on random dice rolls. A 100 on a d100 was a legendary. One player went into a junkyard and absentmindedly decided to dig a hole. Unfortunately, I decided before to put a secret Evil Team base under that junkyard and they had to creatively avoid Genesect based on the encounter roll. This ended up as the picture we used to represent it.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.