[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
took me a few houers in MS paint, so i hope this is understandable
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: map1.png (3 MB, 2042x888) Image search: [Google]
map1.png
3 MB, 2042x888
took me a few houers in MS paint, so i hope this is understandable

I have noticed that two (potentially 3) of the main eight islands of Hawaii are missing in Alola

Of course this might not mean that they MUST be in the game, afterall gamefreak can have chosen to foucs on four of them rather then all of them

the next issue is that of in game map vs artwork, which both indicate diffrent things
while the artwork only forshadows one island (the one in upper corner in the cloudish area)

the in-game map shows potential for two areas hidden by clouds

>cont.
>>
File: map2.png (326 KB, 946x426) Image search: [Google]
map2.png
326 KB, 946x426
>>26668661

>part2

its interesting to notice how the yellow island is the only one that is rotated in comparason to the real world

and if you rotate it this way, you get the layout in the picture with the long missing island where the clouds are supposed to be.

the two smaler yellow islands are a bit off , so this does not prove anything, but still interesting

and as i said before, the artwork does not hint at this missing island, aside from the rotation of the yellow island
>>
I don't think we're getting any more islands. The clouds in the center of the art can't cover an island. If there was something hidden there, thry would've made the clouds bigger/denser
Plus you're ignoring the artificial island
>>
>>26668661

Good info.
>>
>>26668744

as i explained here >>26668683
the artwork does indeed point to no new island in the center
while the in-game map does have clouds there

the main diffrence between the two is that the layout is actually diffrent in the artwork (circular island layout)
and in-game map (liniar island layout)

the artificial island is placed in the center in the artwork, while being placed off center in-game
>>
>>26668661
They wouldnt hide an island that big unless it was hiding only one thing like say, the Frontier. But hiding an entire explorable island from the official art is just not something they would do.

Also, like someone pointed out a while back, putting an island right in the middle will not make it look like Hawaii anymore, but a random collection of islands.

>>26668917
In the map art you can see the curvature of the earth. I think the difference is just that the islands curve with the earth to be stylized, and to get every island closer together for more cohesive map art.
>>
>>26669032

il have to agree, but the clouds are still intriguing
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.