[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/vp/ which was the worst battle loss in your pokemon games career
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9
/vp/ which was the worst battle loss in your pokemon games career that you ever had?

Lost to an old guy who said "I never won anything ever" in Fire Red
>>
>>26668493
I lost to Cheren once, near victory road. I wasnt expecting him there and I freshly defeated Iris and most of my team were ded. I defeated all those fuckers in route 10 and I was curious to see the victory road. But no, this smartass blocks another route for me and dumb blond girl another time. Jesus fucking christ i never wanted to strangle anyone so much than these two rivals.
>>
>>26668493
Lost to Cheren before victory road. Most of my mons were dead or in the red zone. Him and that dumb blond girl are fucking annoying. It made me feel like shit for losing to that bad, god awful character
>>
File: vileplume.png (623 B, 56x56) Image search: [Google]
vileplume.png
623 B, 56x56
I thought the thread said first loss at first, so I'll answer that. My first loss was when I was 5 playing Gold. Only Pokemon I used the whole game was Feraligatr and I lost to Karen's Vileplume and cried about it. That was also probably the worst loss since I cried.
>>
>>26668493

did you do it to make him feel better?
>>
>>26668574
maybe
>>
>>26668493
Plasma grunt with Krookodile in Relic Castle in Black and that one NPC with Hawlucha in Reflection Cave in Y.
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 413x451) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 413x451
>>26668493
not really a loss, but still made me want to down a bleach cocktail.
I was playing a dodgy rom of platinum on my r4, which sometimes didnt save even if you saved over and over (probably the reason why I save three times even now), and I was crap at the game with underleveled mons so I was struggling with cynthia and the elite four. I swear I fought them for a week without getting past the ground type lady, but one time, I managed to blitz the elite four and get up to cynthia. I baarely beat cynthia, I had one mon left and was using fly over and over so the poison could kill her last mon, and after ages, I finally beat her. God damn it felt good, and I watched through all the credits afterwards. Anyway, it saved once I got registered in the league, and I was feeling a bit anxious because it only saved once, but I thought I should be alright. Right after the credits finish, the screen goes black. "Hmm, this seems a bit long", I think to myself, and set the game down to go get some water. I check back, and it's still black. "Must have glitched or something, I'll turn it off." Bad decision. The piece of crap rom I got didn't save it, and I was back in front of the pokemon league. God damn I was so pissed, if I had a wife and kids, they'd be wearing long sleeve jumpers and trousers for weeks.
This game also had a habit of deleting my pokemon that were in boxes, man I hated it...
And yes, I do have a real platinum now.
>>
>>26668493
>Randomized Nuzlocke
>Wild and trainer mons randomized
>As well as types and moves
>manage to get multiple Legendaries
>WHEN SUDDENLY
>Shedinja in a double battle
>it's moves were something like Slash, Ice Beam, Flamethrower and Body Slam
>no moves that are SE to its randomized type
>a fucking Shedinja wipes my party including, but not limited to, a Snorlax, Latias, and Rayquaza

I should probably stop playing completely random Nuzlockes, but they're just so damn fun.
>>
This has made me realize that I've never lost in a Pokemon game before
>>
>>26668558
Doesn't that mean he's a good rival?
>>
I'm losing the battle against cancer
>>
>>26668774
Same. Who else here has /neverlost/? It feels good to know you've mastered a children's game.
>>
>>26668493
Doing an N run. Triple battle fuck me so hard
>>
File: Cheren.(Pokémon).full.1128241.jpg (142 KB, 768x1200) Image search: [Google]
Cheren.(Pokémon).full.1128241.jpg
142 KB, 768x1200
>>26668558
he's great though , at least in bw2
>>
File: 1457661704309.jpg (1 MB, 1600x1133) Image search: [Google]
1457661704309.jpg
1 MB, 1600x1133
>>26668537
>>26668558
*adjusts glasses*
>>
>>26669404
>>26669422
BW1 Cheren has Glasses, Bianca doesn't.

BW2 Bianca has Glasses Cheren doesn't

Why? Still like them
>>
>>26668493

I never lose a battle in Pokémon.
>>
>>26669249
Just use Grass type moves against his Krabbys
>>
How do you faggots lose to non Battle Maison AI trainers? The Pokemon storylines are absurdly easy, unless you are using a team of Luvdiscs and Caterpies. Yo I people must suck.
>>
>>26669634
*You people
>>
>>26669580
found the DCer lollll

I live off of your tears dude

>>26669634
you dont even know te kinds of shenanigans they pull in that shit, sand veil brightpowder garchomp is a hax machine, I know because i use one
>>
>>26669662
Other places weren't that fucking RNG heavy. I had an argument saying it was just like the battle frontier and PWT. I fucking snapped
>>
>>26669725
what do you mean? oh you said non maison AI nevermind

I guess by self imposed restrictions on healing idk

To be fair, I was replaying HGSS recently, and I tried not to obnoxiously overlevel myself, and I had a decently hard time with the E4 and certain late game trainers - the movesets were pretty good in that. Actually, on my diamond, I'm at the E4 right now, and my team is struggling with beating them, without booting the game up, off the top of my head it's

Vespiquen
Floatzel
Tangrowth
Luxray
Toxicroak
Rampardos
>>
>>26669801
iirc you can't get a tangela in DP?

I love Plat, but despise DP's level curve
>>
>randomly swept by a Wing Attack Scyther in the middle of a Blaze Black nuzlocke
>1-hit even the one mon that resisted it
Drayano makes some good hacks but his Wing Attack/Scald/Struggle Bug/Stone Edge fetish makes me want to punch a boulder.
>>
>>26669940
traded it from HG

I also found my old action replay just to teach leafeon leaf blade cause im autisitic about attacks like that
>>
>>26670016
Wow can't wait until

71.......?
>>
File: blackfreakingoutcropped.png (54 KB, 346x177) Image search: [Google]
blackfreakingoutcropped.png
54 KB, 346x177
I got passerby challenged by a kid who used a full team of legendaries. I still used my mostly UU team and was winning until the last turn where my Meinshao missed a High Jump Kick on his last poke. He then left and refused a rematch. Still keeps me up at night.
>>
>>26670049
you're kidding right? This isn't X and Y lmao
>>
>Start a new game on White
>Only have starter so far, haven't run into anything I want to use that I haven't used before yet
>battling trainers, get to a youngster who has three Pokemon
>my starter is low on hp, don't want to use potions
>get through the first two of the pokemon, but my starter's hp is too low for the last pokemon
I lost to Youngster Joey.
>>
Last week I was battling my ten year old cousin and we agreed to switch 3DSs for a battle so we could use each others mons.
He 5-0'd me
>>
>>26670923
That one doesn't count if the Pokemon he gave you were complete shit.
>>
>>26668493
I always end up losing to the smug bitches in the Battle Subway who go "you have met your end, time to not go any further" or some variation of that. The maids.
>>
>>26670952
He actually gave them pretty good movesets but they didn't have proper EVs or natures. My team had good EVs and mostly ok natures.

I actually felt pretty good afterwards because he was really happy and the battle tips I gave him clearly stuck. When SM comes out he'll make a good rival.
>>
File: 1384172779930.jpg (212 KB, 520x600) Image search: [Google]
1384172779930.jpg
212 KB, 520x600
>>26670957
Man, I remember doing really well on a Battle Subway singles run only to get absolutely curb stomped by Ingo.
>>
>>26668705
>I should probably stop playing completely random Nuzlockes, but they're just so damn fun.

Why would you when you enjoy it?
>>
>>26671136
The Battle Subway was the peak of Battle Tower like facilities. Just great shit man
>>
I lost in a local tournament where I didn't expect to even get to the finals
it was bullshit though, the other player was getting hints from a friend
>>
File: 1457894066860.jpg (23 KB, 432x366) Image search: [Google]
1457894066860.jpg
23 KB, 432x366
I lost to Lance in Soul Silver on my first try...
>>
>>26671266
So did I actually, Johto and Sinnoh have the hardest E4s.
>>
Gary whupped my ass so thoroughly in Cerulean on my first run through of Yellow I threw a tantrum and restarted the game so I could name him 'Fuckup'.

>I was 8
>>
File: asian_dog_disapproves.jpg (39 KB, 284x387) Image search: [Google]
asian_dog_disapproves.jpg
39 KB, 284x387
>>26669277
>>26668774
"I never play against other players/extra challenges in games"
you people disgust me, please die
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.