[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Create your own challenge
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
Ideas for difficult pokemon challenges.
The Baglocke challenge:
>Rule 1: Basic nuzlocke rules, release mons when they die and you only get the first one per area
>Rule 2: In the game, catch the first pokemon that you can catch. If you kill it, reload before the encounter and try again
>Rule 3: Discard your started as soon as you get the mon you caught in rule 2
>Rule 4: you absolutely cannot switch the order of any of your pokemon in your inventory unless one dies, then you place them in the same order with the dead pokemon removed (this means if you want to use a pokemon first for a certain battle, and it is not the first pokemon in your inventory, you have to take an extra turn in battle to switch to that pokemon)
>Rule 4.5: If your first pokemon (the one you throw out first in an encounter) dies, you can only fill it's space with the second to first mon in your inventory
>rule 5: You can't switch pokemon around in your box and inventory (unless a space is freed from releasing a pokemon)
>rule 6: If a pokemon in your party dies, and you have pokemon in your box, take the FIRST (from left to right, top to bottom) pokemon in your box, and put it in the 6th spot in your inventory
>Rule 7: you can only use premier balls, no exception
>rule 8: delete your save file if you "black out"
>rule 9: limit healing item use to 1 use per pokemon per battle
>rule 10: you have to defeat the legendaries, don't catch them (excluding later gens where you are forced to catch them, in which place you discard them after catching them and using them for the story)
>>
MOVELOCKE

Basic nuzlocke rules +
>Must learn every new move, replacing the oldest.
Goodluck, have fun. It's one of my favourites.
>>
WonderTeamlocke
(X/Y/OR/AS)

Rules:

1. Start the game, choose your starter play on until you receive Pokeballs.

2. When you have Pokeballs, you must capture 5 more Pokemon from the first route, if you faint it, that counts as one of your team mates gone. Battle and catch until you have a full team of 6 (if you haven't fainted any)

3. When you are able to access wondertrade, trade away your team, whatever Pokemon you get is the team you use.

4. Pokemon received from wondertrade HAVE to be under a certain level
Before gym 1 = Under level 10
Before gym 2 = Under level 20
Before gym 3 = Under level 30
etc, it goes up 10 levels for every badge you get.

5. After every gym battle, you can keep 1 Pokemon from that current team and box the others, you can choose which Pokemon to keep, so after every gym battle you can change which team member you keep, but once boxed, they can't be used again.

7. Any Pokemon you have already had need to be traded away again, every Pokemon you have needs to be a different Pokemon, there are exceptions with Wurmple and Kirlia, etc, any Pokemon with split evolutions, that's for you to decide.

8. Any Pokemon on your team that faints, goes into a Dead Box.

9. Any Shiny or legendary Pokemon can be kept via wondertrade, Shiny can be used if it's under the level limit, if not, boxed, legendary Pokemon must be boxed no matter what.

10. This locke requires you to train your Pokemon, so lots of battles are required, EXP Share can also be kept on.

11. After you have defeated the 8th gym, you are now free to use any of the Pokemon you have boxed (other than the dead box) for the league.
>>
ANIME PROTAGONISTLOCKE

-Basic nuzlocke rules.
-Dupes clause (optional)
-Shiny clause (optional)
-No healing in battle (optional)
-No depositing pokemon. You can’t abandon your friends.
-Level cap is one level below next gym leader’s ace. For elite four, before entering, it’s one level below the campion’s. You’re the underdog.
-Full pokemon amie hearts legal and/or required. You must use the power of friendship.
-Super Training illegal
>>
SlavLocke

Like classic Nuzlocke but with additional rules
>1. You must play while squatting.
>2. Every time you obtain new pokemon, take shot of vodka.
>3. Every time you defeat every trainer. Take shot of vodka.
>4. When your pokemon dies. Take a shot of vodka for every 10 levels fainted pokemon has.
>5. When you defeat gym leader. Take 2 shots of vodka.
>6. When you defeat elite 4 member, take 4 shots of vodka.
>7. When you defeat champion, you take 5 shots of vodka.
>8. (Sun and moon only), when you meet lillie in game, say "For my slav waifu" and take shot of vodka.
>>
Play according to the ideals of our lord and saviour N.

>your starter is your "translator"
>you use it to recruit other pokemon, but never to fight trainers

>for each badge, you may only use local pokemon, meaning pokemon from neighboring routes and locales
>one per route, but it doesn't have to be the first one you meet
>you release everyone except your starter when you reach the next town

>if a pokemon faints, you have failed to take care of it, and must heal it, then release it
>if you lose every pokemon except your starter, you fail the run, and have tainted N's ideals

>for the E4, you may emulate N's champion team. You may recruit six new pokemon from anywhere you'd like, but only six
>if they faint, release them
>if you lose all six, you fail

So basically a nuzlocke with local flavor.
>>
One-Hit Wonder

1) you may never catch any Pokémon. (Except as HM slaves)
2) all gift Pokémon must be released (or boxed)
3) wonder trade your starter away as soon as you can
4) HM slave Pokémon are not battling Pokémon, and must be boxed when not needed. If your main Pokémon dies you have lost the challenge.

Either play through the game with whichever Pokémon you get OR for added difficulty:
5) wonder trade your one Pokémon away after each gym
>>
Has anyone tried a nuzlocke where you don't evolve your pokemon? How reasonable is it?
>>
>>26667736
It's nice in the start for the difficulty. Afterwards, you will be pretty stressed with their evolution window always appearing and the fact you need to be overleved and spamming healing itens to continue the game
>>
>Just play the fucking game, you asswipes

That's the real challenge now.
>>
BST-locke.
You can only use pokemons that have BST below a certain number.

I still need to decide which one
>>
Plasma Run

>You can have up to six Pokémon at any time and must keep them near max happiness
>No depositing any Pokémon in the PC, you have to take care of them
>No having HM slaves, Pokémon are not tools
>When you catch a Pokémon, it must be at full health with no statuses, and in a Pokéball with a catch rate of one
>Once Luxury Balls are available, they are the only Pokéball you may use
>You must play with all of your Pokémon in Pokémon Amie at least once daily, and feeding each a Pokepuff when you play with them, higher tiered puffs being ideal, the only accepting being Pokémon impossible to safely touch, in which case feed them and keep their happiness up
>You must genuinely love each Pokémon and name them, names like dickbutt or faggotmcabortion being proof you are a fucking moron, go do another run, this one obviously isn't for you
>In X/Y, try to dress as close as you can to a Plasma Grunt. Hair dye optional
>Avoid as many battles as you can, trainer, wild or otherwise, and if you take an item from a wild Pokémon, give them a berry or something they can use in exchange
>Your strategies will ideally focus on teamwork and making sure no Pokémon takes more hits than another
>Always show mercy to opponents, especially trainers, as they are forced to battle. Possible exceptions include Gym Leaders and Elite Four, other than that no moves that sound painful as fuck and if it has 1hp left use tackle, not fucking Giga Impact
>If you trade away a Pokémon make sure the owner will care for it like you did, and treat the Pokémon traded from or to you extra special before and after the trade, so they don't feel worthless or homesick
>No trading Pokémon for more powerful ones like they're some form of currency
>I don't care if you see a shiny, no using a better Pokéball
>When you get the master ball toss it, prefer in an area with lava or a deep pit so nobody picks it up. Trading it is as bad as producing and selling it
>No filling the Pokedex, don't even use it
>>
File: No-Evo Nuzlocke Champs.webm (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
No-Evo Nuzlocke Champs.webm
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>26667736
Did it in Omega Ruby to show how easy the EXP Share makes the game. Torchic, Shroomish, Whismur, and Wailmer all survived. Only Electrike and Machop died to Glacia's Walrein.

I'm doing the run again on a randomized copy of Omega Ruby. I'm going for my seventh badge with a Noibat, Wooper, Chikorita, Drilbur, Meowth, and I'm probably gonna train up a Murkrow. It's a little harder randomized, but the EXP Share carries you to ridiculous levels, and there's also the added bonus of getting good moves early (I think both Wooper and Drilbur learned EQ at Level 32 or something). It's a lot of fun taking out monsters with babbies, though. Some of the most fun I've ever had with Pokémon.
>>
>>26667826
I've done this in X with no EXP Share. It's pretty tough. Mine was under 450, I believe, leaving me with a lot of NFEs. I remember taking a Pawniard to the E4. If I remember correctly, the only survivor of that run was my Shiny Haunter.
>>
>>26665931
How does grinding work in this nuzlocke? Are you allowed to switch the pokemon in your team around to train them?
>>
>>26666630
dis
>>
MUHDICKLOCKE

I do whatever I want, fuck off nigger.
>>
File: 1446641909152.png (44 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
1446641909152.png
44 KB, 240x240
Pokemon: The Dark Souls experience.

Rule 1: Rule of the darksign
>Each time you lose a battle you must reset your console and start from the last "Bonfire" you saved at.

Rule 2: Rule of bonfires:
>Each Pokemon Center is a "bonfire".
>You can "light that bonfire" only once. That means, you can save, heal your Pokemon and buy potions (see rule 4) only once per Pokemon Center.
>NPCs that heal your Pokemon can only be used once too, but you cannot save there.

Rule 3: Rule of estus:
>The amount of healing items you've got is limited to 5 of the best potions that the store has available. (10 if you're buying from a store in a city with a Pokemon Gym or 20 if you're buying from the store before Elite Four) I was thinking in a mechanic to "reinforce your estus flask" but it would be too much complicated.
>If you've got any more potions available when you get to a store, sell them.
>You're not allowed to buy any more healing items.
>But you're allowed to use any other healing item you find in the map.

Rule 4: Rule of Invaders (for Gen 6 games):
>You must stay online all the time.
>If someone challenges a battle with you, you MUST accept immediatly.
>If you are defeated in that online battle, you must restart your game (as Rule 1 says)

Rule 5:
>Gods have fled Lordran. You can't use legendaries nor mythicals.

You're allowed to:
>Receive Pokemon from gifts/WiFi/GTS and engage on jolly cooperation.
>Use as many Pokemon as you want, as long as you follow Rule 4.
>Have unlimited non-healing items.
>Evolve your Pokemon as you wish.
>Use Pokemon Amie in Gen 6.
>Nickname as you wish.
>Buff and cure status problems as you wish.
>Use TMs and HMs as you please.
>>
File: 1452619724374.jpg (168 KB, 1016x970) Image search: [Google]
1452619724374.jpg
168 KB, 1016x970
>>26667819
you can't be serious

people make these challenges BECAUSE they've played the game so many times
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.