[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /vp/ today was horrible. Decided to play through Soul Silver.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 19
Hi /vp/ today was horrible. Decided to play through Soul Silver. Has a team planned out and everything I then run into a shiny fucking oddish. I was so excited, as I love shiny bellosom, and could replace a member of the team with it. I send out my HM slave of a level three Sentret, use scratch, get it to yellow, go for just oooone more. Critical hit. CRITICAL FUCKING HIT. And it's gone. Forever. Will never see it again. This was my second ever shiny. I want to kill whatever god allowed for this injustice.

What shiny horror stories do you have /vp/?
>>
Why would you damage a level 6 Pokemon?

A raw pokeball would have likely caught it in two-three tries.
>>
>>26665287
Because I'm a fucking idiot.
>>
be me, playing RF
Trying to catch a Chanseyat the safari (you know where i'm going)
I decided to take a break and try fishing for a while
Shiny Dratini appears.... and runs away forever
after trhee
>>
u dum

all longtime players know if there is a tiny risk of fainting it you don't do it

lesson learned the hard way
>>
>>26665344
Yeah, I'm pretty stupid, and honestly, I don't know why I did it. I've been playing for over 16 years and I still did this.
>>
>>26665328
Youch.
>>
>>26665350
don't feel bad. same thing happened to me but with a buizel
>>
File: 1380582474142.png (188 KB, 624x451) Image search: [Google]
1380582474142.png
188 KB, 624x451
>get it to yellow, go for just oooone more
>>
>>26665385
Yeah, it's one of those things looking back I know what I should have done. I just wasn't thinking because it caught me off guard so much.
>>
File: 1463179335647.jpg (76 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1463179335647.jpg
76 KB, 540x540
>>26665269
>has come across 2 shinies
quit your bitching, ive been playing since leaf green on gba and never come across one. fucking bullshit
>>
>>26665301
Don't feel bad anon. I've killed two shinies the same exact way

Shiny Poochyena in Emerald that I tried to weaken with my freshly caught aron. Ended up somehow one shotting it with cut. And a shiny Golduck in Soul Silver that I confused hoping to inflict status, before it killed itself in confusion (desu it was level 40 and I only had 4 Pokeballs left. I doubt I would've caught it anyway)
>>
>>26665437
Dude, I've been playing since Gold and Silver, quit YOUR bitching.
>>
>>26665437
Never use repels is the only tip i can give
>>
>>26665450
Very true. I was literally going to use a repel one step before I encountered a shiny cacturne in Platinum. Ever since, I refuse to use repels unless I'm chaining. If I really want to lower my encounter rate I'll just lead with my HM whore Skuntank that has stench + Black flute and Pure incense, that way there's still that eensy weensy chance.
>>
>>26665328
At least getting a Shiny Dratini is easy enough now, with Shiny chaining in x and y.
>>
>>26665499
yep, the problem is I only catch random shinys
>>
I've only ever encountered one shiny. A pidgey in firered. On route 1. Before you get poke balls
>>
>>26665546
man.... that's shit
>>
>>26665546
Ooooh damn, I've heard about shit like that.
>>
>>26665269
BW2 shiny Azelf.

The combination of his maxed Special Attack from several Nasty Plots and an absurd number of critical hits meant that I spent more time healing and buffing my team than I did actually throwing pokeballs at it.

In the end it ended up struggling and fainting itself.
>>
>>26665269
Not horror but my first shiny was a Wingull. A Wingull.
>>
>>26665593
Pelipper isn't THAT bad
>>
>>26665593
>>26665605
Nevermind. Looked up the shiny. That ugly green colour. I am so sorry.
>>
>>26665269
False swipe mein neger
>>
I got a shiny deino from an egg giveaway on vp when black first came out. Shits awesome
>>
Shiny electabuzz (for a friend) from friend safari but didn't save the game. Feels bad, man
>>
>>26665613
unless it's not shiny gengar or togepi
>>
>>26665269

Why not just chuck balls, or put it to sleep?
Oddish has a fairly high catch rate.
>>
>>26665269
I encountered my first shiny in one of my earlier Crystal playthroughs. It was a Tentacool off the coast of Olivine. I wasn't aware of the shiny mechanic so I thought my game was broken so I immediately turned off the Gameboy to prevent further damage.

Another story, I didn't know that the Master Ball had a 100% catch rate so I used it on an Aipom.
>>
>>26665632
I didn't have many balls to chuck ( i had like 5 and a heal ball), and nothing to put it to sleep. I just started the playthough today.
>>
>>26665645
Wow dude, yikes.
>>
>>26665269
>false swipe an audino in the friend safari after using Spore
>it wakes up and uses Secret Power
>put it to sleep and catch it
>look at moves
>Take Down

Dodged a bullet there.only ever fucked up catching a shiny safari zone Rhyhorn but it appeared again about 10 minutes later, piece of cake
>>
File: HNI_0061.jpg (30 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0061.jpg
30 KB, 640x480
Trigger warning.
>>
File: 1464771599240.png (3 MB, 1386x1761) Image search: [Google]
1464771599240.png
3 MB, 1386x1761
Sad to hear it anon. I've never lost a shiny (yet) but some anon posted this earlier.
>>
>>26665269
My drifloon's gust got a critical hit and killed a shiny geodude.
Another time, Rileys lucario in Iron Island killed a shiny Onix
>>
>>26665584
Why didn't you use the master ball?
>>
I think I have about 110 shinies now. Still never got a random encounter shiny.. Can't wait for the day, really hope it is on a full 1/8192 chance game or first playthrough of a new game.

Have a pic of my last shiny, SR for about half an hour before I got it
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 500x375
>>26665269
>running around in the Friend Safari grinding on Chansey
>shiny Smeargle appears
>HORY SHET
>toss Poké Ball because I carry so many I often don't need to weaken wild Pokémon
>two shakes before it pops out
>"Wild Smeargle used Sketch!"
>realize what the fuck I just did
>"But it failed!"
>continue chucking balls
>none of them are clicking
>watch helplessly as the Smeargle Struggles to death

>about one week later
>run into another shiny Smeargle
>lead Pokémon I'm training is too strong and has no status moves
>like a Gabite almost ready to evolve or some shit
>watch again as another Smeargle Struggles to death whilst escaping my Poké Balls

I was going to teach them Spore and False Swipe and stuff and train them to 100 and use them to catch Legendary Pokémon and love them...
>>
File: received_10209549815933167.jpg (129 KB, 1080x1845) Image search: [Google]
received_10209549815933167.jpg
129 KB, 1080x1845
Just caught this one while trying to catch a Sudowudo. 3rd wild shiny.

Got a Patrat as the first pokemon i encountered in white luckily you get pokeballs early

Got a Klefki in Y randomly, i hated it before that point, now i love it, named it Goldilocks.
>>
>>26665437
Since 96 Iv seen 4 wild shinies, a paris in silver that I knocked out, two zigagoons in emerald that I boxed and never used, and a bidoff in diamond that I reset. Haven't seen any since.
>>
File: hell yeah motherfucker.jpg (72 KB, 783x377) Image search: [Google]
hell yeah motherfucker.jpg
72 KB, 783x377
>shiny registeel appears
>premier ball it
>1 ball non crit capture
>>
>>26665287
Level doesn't influence the chance to catch a pokemon
>>
>>26667346
Like catching a pokemon with a 255 catch rate is hard
>>
File: IMG_0100.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0100.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
you all don't know true suffering, the pic is blurry cause I was rushing but I knew no one would believe me if I didn't have a picture
>>
>>26665546
I know this feel
Something similar happened to me when I play my first run on Crystal...a shiny spinnarak appear before I get the pokedex and pokeballs from Pak :s
>>
>>26667384
shet,is this even possible?
>>
>>26665499
Even easier cause you get it handed to you in BW2
>>
>>26667453
it is and it happened, it haunts me everyday
>>
Only ever seen 2 shinies and I caught both.

Shiny female Steelix in Diamond (Iron Island?)
Shiny female Onix in Soulsilver (Victory Road)

Never knew where the Onix went. I must have lost it somehow. But the Steelix is sitting in one of my boxes in ORAS and I'm just looking for the Steelixite lol
>>
My first (and the only one) shiny was wingul found a a horde in Y. I was looking for a regenerator slowpoke with honey, i had just 3 honey and if i didnt found a slowpoke horde i reset (i was very lazy) in the third try i found a wingul shiny in the rigth but i already pushed the soft reset buttons.
>>
>>26667527
>what is sweet scent
>>
File: 1460001385471.jpg (21 KB, 575x441) Image search: [Google]
1460001385471.jpg
21 KB, 575x441
>>26665269
>get it to yellow, go for just oooone more
You're retarded, good job.
>>
>>26665269
>be me
>trying to find shiny Eevee in friend safari
>found one after many hours of trying
>threw a lot of pokeballs but it wouldn't stay in
>decide to use false swipe
>1hp left
>tfw eevee still wouldn't get in and used takedown the next turn
>>
Was dexnaving for a zorua in ORAS, got distracted and looked down and did a move while it was off camera. I then have to watch while I kill it.

Kept going afterwards and eventually caught one after maybe one or two luxury balls, checked the moves afterwards and it has memento as a rare move on it
>>
My first play through of emerald resulted in me finding a level 12 Zubat in Granite cave and i was so sick of running into Pokemon that i accidentally ran away from it. I still remember the pain.
>>
File: comic338_zps0b8a16f5.png (260 KB, 650x864) Image search: [Google]
comic338_zps0b8a16f5.png
260 KB, 650x864
>ever attacking a shiny without a spore user or false swipe
>not chunking every damn pokeball you have at the sucker until it stays in or you run out of balls

I will say THANKYOU gen 5 for introducing critical capture.
>>
First shiny I ever saw was a Quagsire in the D/P Great Marsh. It ran on the first turn. I hope Safari Zones never come back.
>>
Bump!

(Also I never found shiny mons)
>>
found a shiny zigzagoon in emerald before you can get pokeballs

Still salty about it
>>
I've got a few shinies, it seems I get one a generation or so
>>
>>26665631
>shiny gengar
At least the mega is sort of an improvement.
>>
>>26668251

I remember catching a shiny Poochyena in AS like as soon as you got the pokeballs.

it wasn't the first one you catch in the game but still, I was like oh shit, luckily I caught it.

shit like that is the worst luck. I'm so sorry for your loss.
>>
File: 1451679528449.jpg (33 KB, 610x414) Image search: [Google]
1451679528449.jpg
33 KB, 610x414
Most autist moment of my life
>Be 7yr old me
>Gold version
>Catches a shiny Entei
>Have no idea wtf this thing is at the time
>Classmate offers Scizor for it
>Traded it away
>One year later, Pokemon the movie 3000 comes out
>>
>>26666666
>>
>breed a shiny pentaperfect mom with all the right egg moves for the team I buil in showdown
>change a certain mom in my team, making the shiny obsolete
>>
Was farming in X last night to power level some pokemon that needed evolutions.

>Abusing Venusaur and Razor Leaf
>Game sound off because I was watching something else
>Wobbling the joystick around to start battles
>Spamming A when a battle starts
>Glance down during a horde battle to see if I finished off the fight
>Saw a green Lickitung faint

I mean, it was just a shitmon, but I killed a shiny without even looking.
>>
>>26665437
I found 5 shinies in my life. Tentacool in Gold, Geodude in LG, Buneary in Pearl and Buizel in Platinum. Also Dugtrio in my Y version.
>>
>>26665441
>only had 4 Pokeballs left
Please tell me you carry at least 100 various balls under normal circumstances.
>>
File: 1455002124511.jpg (16 KB, 460x241) Image search: [Google]
1455002124511.jpg
16 KB, 460x241
>>26665269
>girl cousin playing emerald on my GBA, just wants to mess around
>she's killing stuff in Rusturf Tunnel
>green whismur
>i look over her shoulder too late and she kills it
still a little livid
>>
I was playing gold I think? First or second step into the grass was a shiny hoothoot. This was before I could even get pokeballs.
>>
>>26667346
Indirectly it does. The catch rate formula incorporates the Mon's current HP into the calculation. Low level Mon's have low HP, so they are always easy to catch.
>>
This happened just yesterday. I was horde EV training some mons in ORAS. I was in Mt. Pyre with my trusty lvl 60 Gloom when a shiny Shuppet appeared. At first I didnt notice there was a shiny mon in front of me since I had my volume off and didnt hear the shiny sfx. I tapped on Petal Blizzard w/o looking, and after I tapped it, decided to look on my my 3DS to make sure i hit the right move. That was when I noticed the blue green colored Shuppet on the corner of my screen. I was screaming as I watched its HP drop to zero, followed by it disappear of the face of the earth. And the funny thing was, I even joked around before, thibking that it would be funny if I encountered a shiny while training. I lost all my hair that day.
>>
When I was 12 I let my friend start a new game on my ruby. The idea of course was that he couldn't save over my data. We saw a shiny poochyena. Never saw a shiny before, I was more confused than anything. Oh well, turn off without saving.
I think I had a shiny unknown as a kid, again not knowing what they were. Unknown are a mild blue compared to the regular black and it doesn't show that well on gen 2 sprites.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (83 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
83 KB, 1000x1000
>>26665269
my first shiny was, well, special.
>22nd july 2011
>norwegian
>anders behring breivik kills 77 people in the capitol and on a nearby island
>living on the west coast, chatting with friends on skype while absentmindedly playing Platinum
>suddenly hear the *ding*
>shiny fucking roselia
>freak out, yelling at the chat
>friends think more people must've died
>i scream this is the best day ever, trying to explain the concept of a shiny pokemon
>>
>>26667886
awkward zombie is great at times
>>
>>26667384
>>26669047
no wait, I forgot: my very first shiny was a shiny mightyena in sapphire.
in the battle tower.
>>
Playing Pt grinding in the Iron Islands with free healing. Riley ends up killing a shiny geodude.
First time playing W2. Hugh kills a shiny Rattata in the Castelia Sewers before I even had the chance to throw the first ball.
I have a special hate for NPC like that.
>>
>>26669594
Shoulda attacked the npc's pokemom
>>
>>26669047
This ought to be your Roselia's theme song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AQx9aW1p_k
>>
this is copied from the thread i made about my shiny fraxure

I've had amazing luck with shinies recently, back in 2013 I found Mareep and Mr Mime on my X and Y respectively, I found the two axews plus a Hoppip plus a Scraggy on my current Y, and a Caterpie on my HG rerun, and going back, my first true shiny was a Male Nidoran on Silver I believe

You best believe that Shiny Nidoking was a beast, but unfortunately, little kid me lost the cartridge one time, dust got in, and screwed with the save file. there was no way to transfer them anyway - i like to think all my recent luck with shinies comes from his spirit in the digital ether
>>
>>26666588
>tfw first shiny in XY was smeargle with the first premier ball i threw

Maybe consider buying some timer balls as well
>>
>>26667346

It sorta does
>>
>>26665269
That is your own fucking fault for cutting it so damn close moron.
It was level 6.
You could have caught it fresh.
Ugh you make me mad OP
>>
After hunting for a shiny Abra at the game corner, the fucking Togepi egg hatches shiny. I don't know about you faggots, but i'm perfectly happy
>>
>>26668790
Well now I do. Haven't lost a shiny since.
>>
>>26665269
>Comes across 2 shinies in a row
>In emulator
>Without any cheatcodes
>>
>>26669754
>shiny nidoking a beast
Shinies in Gen II were
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (62 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
62 KB, 1280x720
I don't personally have any shiny horror stories. But I've witnessed something like this happen to my cousin. I left the room he was in for a sec and then I hear him shouting that he found a shiny. It was just like pic related, a shiny Nidoran male. I was so excited... but we were both horrified to find out that he didn't have any Pokeballs. It wasn't even an early route either... he just didn't buy any Pokeballs. So yep, he either killed it or ran away, I don't remember. But I felt really bad for him. I
>>
>>26672442
>random "I" at the end

ignore that, it's a typo
>>
File: Shiny Graveler.jpg (86 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
Shiny Graveler.jpg
86 KB, 960x720
>doing a Nuzlocke of Platinum
>run into this Graveler
>chuck an ultra ball at it
>it breaks free
>"Graveler used Selfdestruct!"
>Gabite also faints
>hellodarknessmyoldfriend.jpg
>>
File: 1465076970232.png (679 KB, 799x1060) Image search: [Google]
1465076970232.png
679 KB, 799x1060
>played since Yellow in the 90s
>ONLY shiny I have ever seen was in that romhack fan game Pokemon V
>>
>>26665269
I found a shiny solrock in black that used explode
>>
>>26674286
I save my masterball just for these occasions

On another note, ive never let a shiny go anons, i just give it a condition such as paralysis or sleep, and chuck ultra balls, i dont care if its still in green health, i stock as many as i can at all times 60 to 100+ , even early game i waste all my money on balls, i dont need potions or revives since its free at a pokecenter, and when i get a comfortable amount of balls, i get some potions and revives jic.

Also my nephew, when he was about 7 y.o. (and im sure he didnt know about shinies) saw a purple wurmple in ruby and caught it. Came up to me when he saw me all excited and said "look what i caught! Its a different color!" I was shocked that he had caught a shiny and he ACTUALLY was competent enough. To notice its slight color difference, since its purple, and to not kill it, and even competent enough to catch it.

Anons what where your child selves thinking, even if it was a coloring glitch, you should have cought it.

One last story about a shiny that got away. Will continue in another post though
>>
>>26675646
In Gold and Silver, i encountered my first shiny, it was some gym leader or trainer that had it though. It was an electabuzz i think. It was so long ago. But he had it and when i saw it i thought
>we team rocket now
Even though it wouldnt let me catch it, i threw every single ball i had, hoping somehow it would let me catch it.
I sat there for about 15 minutes just looking at it after i had no more balls. Sitting. Thinking. Contemplating life. In agony. Till i mustarded up the guts to just kill it. It was horrible.
>>
>>26665269
If the move got it to yellow health it means he has half of his HP left or lower. You would have killed it anyway.
>>
>>26666329
>>26666533
I wish I still had my DS Lite. The resolution of DS games on 3DS is horrible.
>>
>>26666588
>What's a quick ball
>>
>>26674424
And that was before you even got your pokeballs, wasn't it?
One of these days I'll finish Pokemon V, hopefully sometime before its 10th birthday.
>>
I encountered a shiny Voltorb in Gold, you can guess what happened.
>>
>>26675844
You slowly whittled down its HP until it was in the red and and caught it with your third regular pokeball .
>>
>>26675867
no actually it used self destruct
>>
I was playing B/W for the first time and I found a shiny mienfoo, i'd never seen that pokemon before and I for some reason didn't notice the shiny sparkling that happens when you find a shiny... so, stupid me, just keeps on fighting until I kill it (I was trying to level up my party).
I keep on playing the game and find another mienfoo but this time, it's red, so I was pretty excited, caught it, check on the pokedex and it doesn't say anything about it being a shiny... I start freaking out, google shiny mienfoo and it's fucking blue!... Like the one I killed minutes ago.

I wanted to fucking die!!!!
>>
>>26665593
Shiny Wingull is one of my shinies I still have. I thought it was the light, but I stepped away, and I realized it was shiny. I was mindlessly training, so I'm lucky I noticed. I've encountered 6 (I think?) random shinies. I lost 3 when my X download copy corrupted and self deleted. That's much worse than never encountering a shiny. I lost Tentacool and Joltik (boring) and a SCOLIPEDE. Still, shiny Mareep, Wingull, and Gulpin are nice.
>>
File: fuck you.jpg (88 KB, 776x573) Image search: [Google]
fuck you.jpg
88 KB, 776x573
>find shiny
>it's a wingull
>>
>>26666588
did you already use your masterball? Because a struggling shiny would make me ignore my balltism
>>
>>26675844
$350 down the drain. My friend caught a shiny voltorb in emerald i think it was, posted it on facebooks, apparently there is still a whole community that will buy legit shinies from past gen games in san antonio. He sold his cartridge with the shiny voltorb for $350
>>
One time I got a shiny ursaring into the red then it used double edge or some shit and killed itself. I know the feeling
>>
Don't feel bad.

I've been playing since day one and the only wild shiny I've encountered was a fucking Herdier, and if I hadn't happened to look when I went into battle and saw the stars, I wouldn't have even known. Big disappointment.
Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.