[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What game will you pick? What's your starter? Are you a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 12
File: pok-mon-sun-and-moon.jpg (55 KB, 600x320) Image search: [Google]
pok-mon-sun-and-moon.jpg
55 KB, 600x320
What game will you pick? What's your starter? Are you a boy or a girl? How are you going to do the first play through?
>>
>Sun and I'll buy Moon for my girlfriend

>Rowlet, but only if he final evo isn't shit. If it's closer to Robinhoot, I'm in. If it's closer to Owlsassin, I'm out.

My girl wants Litten.

>Boy

>New gen Pokes only (unless a shiny pops up), it's the objective best way
>>
Prolly Moon I think, cause of the edgy darkness of my soul or something I guess. Prev generations, I had no preference in gen I. Gen II, Silver was the best. Stopped playing until Diamond.

Litten is my pick, and I'm a boy but I play as chicks in video games. I'll play of like I always do I guess, only catching pokeyman I think look cool.
>>
>Moon
>Rowlet
>Boy
>New gen only, no grinding, no exp share, no buying items and limited pokecenter heals. Probably won't nuzlocke it though.
>>
Sun. Litten. Going double cat mode.
>>
>>26664734
Male
Litten (so far)
Sun
>>
Sun
Male 3
Popplio or Rowlet, final evo is the deciding factor
>>
aryan male
probably go with the owl

not decided on the version
>>
Sun based on box legendary, although I may pick moon if it has the better exclusives (most likely).

Rowlett, unless Popplio has the tougher looking evolution.

Girl

If SM has really nice inregion Pokemon, ill likely just stick to a catchable in game team, but if its full of shitmons ill just trade for the mons I like.
>>
>Moon
>Rowlett
>Girl
>For fun
>>
File: 250px-Litten.png (34 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
250px-Litten.png
34 KB, 250x250
>Sun because I'm a Leo
>Litten because fire starters are the best
>Blond Girl becasue lightest skin tone
>Nuzlocke because I ain't no bitch
>>
Moon
Popplio if mermaid evo is real / if it stays cute
Boy
Blind playthrough with only new mons.
>>
sunfag, if it's amazing i'll get moon
rowlet probably
picking the boy because he's cute
new mons only, esp. if there's a shitton of oldmons.
>>
-succ fug if not both
-litten
-boy
-I really want to do a blind nuzlocke, but I know my curiosity will get the better of me.
>>
Moon (was a tough choice, but boyfriend said he wanted Sun and I don't really like Solgaleo)
Popplio hopefully but if his final evolution is some weird ugly "Samurott Emboar fusion" tier I'm gonna go with Rowlet
Gonna try only new Pokemon and 100% blind to story, and not search for natures or anything first time through (which some kid in middle school once tried to convince me I was a casual for not doing on first playthrough).
>>
>>26664760
I wish I had a girlfriend to play with....
I wish I had anyone to play with.
>>
>>26666007
I-I'll play with you anon...
>>
>>26665993
who the fuck cares about natures in ANY playthrough? that shit only matters in competitive.

pokémon is already piss easy, why do you want to make it even easier? you can catch a fucking Ledian with a +ATK -SPDEF nature and make it work
>>
>>26666007
I'd play with you anon-kun
>>
>>26666046
>>26666016
Thanks...
But I meant like right with me, literally sitting next to me.
>>
>Moon
>Depends on evos, at the moment I can't even really decide.
>Boy
>Normal playthrough, only new gen Pokemon
>>
Moon
Popplio
Girl
Gonna use new mons and Crobat if it's available
>>
Moon
Rowlett
Girl
I'll play with mons I like, regardless of if they're any good or not.
>>
>Sun
>Undecided but leaning towards Popplio to carry on an unintended tradition I realised I had of always picking the water starter for first playthrough
>boy
>as blind as possible (considering I'm a eurofag it's going to be difficult, will definitely be avoiding vp like a plague), and mostly only new Pokemon
>>
Moon
Box'd for Totodile
I just catch what I want.
>>
>Sun
>Rowlet for now
>Boy
>Sending in two shines I bred a while back. A Togepi and a Nosepass. Set Mode with exp. Share off.
>>
>>26666022
natures arent big but it affects you like a calm lucario , naughty or any attack rasing thing would be better. 10% is a bit
>>
>>26664734
>Sun
>I'll roll a dice to decide
>Boy
>New pokémon only. Catch the reginal Flying type as soon as I see it.
>>
>>26664734

I have a regular 3DS and a N3DS so i'm buying both. I'm raising litten in Sun and rowlet in moon.
>>
Sun
Don't know
Boy
Uneducated
>>
Sun
Undecided, need to see evos.
Boy
New gen pokemon only and as blind as possible. and if the game really is as easy as XY/ORAS, i'll do what i did on my second run of XY to make it slightly more challenging:
>Box starters asap/all giftmons
>No exploring routes (will go back to them once i've done everything in postgame)
>No EXP Share
>Make team as unbalanced as possible
>Avoid as many trainers as i can
>No grinding unless i repeatedly lose to someone
>No HM slave if possible/stick as many HMs as i can on my main team
>>
File: 1452969073538.jpg (163 KB, 1046x1454) Image search: [Google]
1452969073538.jpg
163 KB, 1046x1454
>Probably Moon but Lunala's typing is shit so it may depend on the exclusive things of each version
>Rowlet unless the third stage of any of the other 2 is better
>The boy because he finally has a true backpack
>I'll just try to enjoy every minute
>>
>>26664734
Moon, Litten, Boy.

Gonna play through trying to catch as many of the new Pokémon as possible and use them on my team. Only exceptions are if any of my favourite mons are catchable early game.
>>
At this point I'm aiming at Sun, Litten, Boy protag (since I picked may in sapphire). Normal playthrough, as I always do the first time around.
>>
Sun
Litten, for the time being
Boy 2

Probably only use new pokémon, but not if they all suck. Going in fully spoiled since Europe.
>>
>>26667798
>le lunala typing is shit maymay

Please stop posting any time.
>>
>>26664734

I'm a male and Both.
>>
>>26664734
I already pre ordered both, my bf and I are going to play together. I'm going with Sun, he wants Moon. We both like Rowlet and Litten, so we're going to see what the final evos look like then choose.
>>
>>26667824
>I'm getting it for my bf/gf

Its not nice to lie on the internet guys
>>
Depends on exclusives
Rowlet
Boy
Normal I guess.
>>
>>26664734
>Are you a boy or a girl

probably picking moon but it really depends on the pokemon in each version
>>
File: 1465046158390.jpg (239 KB, 1573x1987) Image search: [Google]
1465046158390.jpg
239 KB, 1573x1987
>>26664734
>What game will you pick?
Sun
>What's your starter?
Littenm for now
>Are you a boy or a girl?
Boy
>How are you going to do the first play through?
Blindlocke
>>
>>26665907
This man speaks the truth.

I'm waiting on version exclusives before I pick a version.
>>
>>26667960
>Having 2 x4 weaknesses isn't shit
Yeah sure
>>
>>26664734
Moon.

Litten.

Boy.

Power through the game trade the version exclusives and Legends to a friend, bank the ones he sends from sun then do a Nuzlock.
>>
I'm leaning towards Moon, just to get the legendary with a more original type combo. Also if those really neat recent "leaks" are real then I'll go with either Robin Hoot or Pyro Pantera.
>>
>>26664734
>Sun
>Rowlet
>Boy
>Still don't know, I'll probably just play it without exp. share.
>>
Depending on what exclusive pokemon are in each versions. Or depending on the plot.
If you have a night cataclysm thingy like the rain in sapphire, I'd definitely choose it over sun.

I like to have somewhat fast Pokemons so probably Rowlet or Litten, depends of the final evo. I love all 3 starters.

Boy playing a boy.

I think I will explore the game and try to catch every gen 7 Pokemon I can find.
I rushed XY and finished it in few hours, trying to figure how fast I could finish it, so I plan to just take my time and enjoy this new gen.
>>
>>26664734
>Moon
>Popplio, I guess
>Taking hormones IRL, will play as boy
>Normally
>>
>>26668671
>I rushed XY and finished it in few hour

Why would you do that? The first run is the comfy run, all the other shit comes after. I spent days fucking around in amie and wonder trading, those early days were so much fun.
>>
File: cute14.jpg (17 KB, 476x354) Image search: [Google]
cute14.jpg
17 KB, 476x354
>>26664734

Sun, mainly because a relative is getting Moon(I'm usually not picky about versions anyway).

>What's your starter?
Rowlet

Playing as the girl, but that's nothing new for me as I've done that in most of my playthroughs.

Outside of using the Rowlet line and a water type, I don't know as of yet. This is because I tend to try out different mons.
>>
File: f.jpg (103 KB, 640x636) Image search: [Google]
f.jpg
103 KB, 640x636
You tell me
>>
>Moon
>Litten (Chose Treecko in Gen3 + Froakie in Gen6)
>Girl
>Casually
>>
>>26664734
I'm buying both.
Boxing my starter.
Girl of course.
Blind and with only ratatata.
>>
>>26668714
I really didnt like XY. The first few minutes made me cringe so hard I wanted to finish as fast as possible (those new friends already licking your balls after just meeting them.).
And when I saw the starting moves of my starter, I wanted to verify if the game was easy or not. Turns ou I ended at the E4 with lvl 70+ Pokemon and the game gave me free rare Pokemon (1g starter, Lucario and his stone, Lapras). (I really don't like Pokemon amie, there's something disturbing).
But I agree, it was a bad decision. I probably wouldn't think so badly of the game if I took more time.
>>
Most likely Moon, since a friend of mine has already said he's getting Sun no matter what. I might reserve both if there's a good bonus though. I'll be starting with Rowlet and grabbing any new mons I think might be fun/interesting to train.
>>
>>26664734
pirating Both, but Sun will be my main. Will be rolling a random starter shortly before release. Planning a regular playthrough with the girl trainer, nothing too fancy. I grew out of Nuzlockes a while ago.
>>
I'm picking sun because I liked the Zoid, but I'm seriously thinking about picking 5 of the first poké I see and winning the Elite with it.
>>
>Moon

>whichever starter gives the rival(s) the pokemon I want them to have

>Girl

>I essentially only do solo runs because that's the only way I have fun with mainline Pokemon anymore, so unless there is a difficulty setting/the game is more difficult itself, I'm probably gonna pick my favorite new mon, inject it, and only use it/HM slaves the whole game.
>>
Sun
All 3 starters
boy
normal run, with set style
>>
Female Protag 2 or 3

I feel like i don't want to start with the fire Starter because im on a couple of beautiful tropical islands but as much as i liked it at first, i'm sort of getting sick of Rowlet slowly but surely.

I would pick Popplio but i promised myself i would FINALLY use Staryu again for the first time since RBY so yeah...
>>
>>26664734
>Not owning 2 3DSXL's
>Not owning Sun & Moon
>Not Trading perfect starters between both versions to get all three starters on your first playthrough
>Not playing as two girls from the beginning
>Being this poor and pathetic

Get a life, Anon.
You obviously fail at vidya.
>>
Sun.
Rowlet.
Boy.
My first play through will be blind and for fun, but my second play through will have a more competitively oriented team and probably be a girl if there's customization
>>
>>26664734
>Sun
>Litten
>Girl
>Rock Monotype (hopefully with all new pokemon - staying blind). Though I will catch all the pokemon I see. Just won't use them.
>>
File: 1385149354647.png (280 KB, 448x627) Image search: [Google]
1385149354647.png
280 KB, 448x627
>>26664734
>Moon

>I always release my starter

>Girl

>Just casual shit make a team of 6 pokes i like and fuck about
>>
So to the people going blind, how far in advance do you leave /vp/?
>>
>>26664734
Picking Sun
Unsure if Rowlet or Litten. Will depend on who my gf picks or evos
Boy
Nuzlocke run. Intend to start at the same time gf starts Moon. Will try to advance together and battle sometimes along the way. We'll also try to go in blind
>>
>Haven't decided yet
>I'll box it
>Boy I guess, couldn't care less
>First poké I see on tall grass, capture 5 of it + box legen. Will have a HM mule because of reasons, and after I get the legen, those 5 will be in rotation to level up evenly. I'm free to choose their movesets.
>>
>>26669019

>not owning just 1 3DS
>not having emuNAND installed on your 3DS
>not having homebrew on your 3DS
>not pirating everything
>not injecting your dream team from the get-go
>being this technologically inept and money-wasting

Get with the times, Grandpa.
>>
>>26669151
>being a nigger
>stealing stuff
>killing people
>using drugs
>being killed by the police
>>
>>26664734
Sun.
Litten.
Man.

Like every other playthrough. Pickup the following in whatever order they come in and preferably all new pokemon.

>Starter
>Flying
>Psychic
>HM fuckslut
>Box Legendary
>If by now I don't have water HMs covered, a water HM slut, otherwise my pick of another region exclusive pokemon or fossilmon.

Aside from the HM whores I'll usually focus on training the starter, flyer, psychic, legendary and lastpick. With more attention to the starter, psychic, and legendary.
>>
>>26669128
Hi, >>26669035 here.

I'm leaving this Sunday I'm pretty sure. I may check the final evo starters in case one of them turns out to be Rock type because of the monotype I'm doing.
>>
Male
Litten
Sun
Casual.

Second playthrough as always
Female
Moon
Popplio
Wonderlocke.

Though the only thing that changes with my formula is I switch up the genders each game.
>>
>>26669128
Probably after this E3 if it reveals anything significant (like new Pokemon)
>>
Sun.
>What's your starter?
Popplio. But I will GTS beg for s Rowlett.
Boy. And I swear to God, they better have more clothing choices for males this time.
I'm going to try and stick to new mons only, but if I get bored I won't hesitate to send over some Mystery Eggs.
>>
>>26666065
3d friends are lame anon. Detach yourself from your desires. And you will suffer no more.
>>
>>26669161

>not embracing the sweet release of death that will be inevitable for you anyway
>not realizing you were murdered by your parents the moment you were conceived
>not being enlightened
>>
>For now I plan on getting Sun
>I'm picking the little "I don't give a fuck" faced cat
>Female, however I'm playing as the tan male player because they look more like myself Haha
>Very casual
>>
>>26664734
Sun, Rowlett, Boy playing as Boy2. I've been doing a self-imposed challenge of only using Pokemon I've never used before in BW and BW2 so that'll probably carry over to SM.
>>
>>26664734
I wanna be a Son of the Sun with a Rolex, and i will see what i do depending of what pokemon i can get.
>>
>>26664734
>Boy
>Litten
>moon
>only use Pokemon I like
>>
>>26664734
>Boy
>Popplio
>Water mono?
>>
>Sun
>Litten
>Boy
>Normally, but without casual shit like Exp.Share/Giftmons/etc
>>
>>26664734
>Moon
>Male
>Poppiio
Alola will become Juggalo Island.
>>
Sun
Whatever first route shitmon is the least shit. For the first time there isn't a single starter I like.
Girl
Catching only new pokemon, of course. I might catch every new mon and rotate my team a lot because I usually only catch a few mons to have more to catch in the post game but doing that leads to finding fewer new bros.
>>
>>26664734
Sun
I don't know yet, I liked Litten at first but I might go with Rowlet instead. I like all 3 though.
I'm going with girl #3
I'll try to play through it like in XY, as in going with whatever seems cool and/or would suit my team.
>>
>>26664734
>Sun
>Owl
>Boy
>I'm going to raise a balanced, evenly leveled team of Pokemon that are very fun
>>
>>26669003
>All 3 starters

Finally someone with some common sense
>>
Moon
Depends
Boy
I'm just going to play, maybe turn off exp. share
>>
>>26664734
>Sun
>Poopilo
>Just turned 18 (even though I've been here for 2 years)
>Pokemon who I haven't used before
>>
>>26664734
>Moon
>Popplio
>Girl
Focus on new pokemon, if EXP Share from XY returns then avoid. Have fun.
>>
>>26664734
>Version
Moon as of now, but I'll make my final decision after exclusives are revealed.

>Starter
Popplio most likely, but again I'll make final decision once types and designs are revealed. Could'nt care less about stats.

>Boy or Girl
I'll play as boy with skin tone 3 for dat hawaiian immersion

>First play through
I'll do what I always do when a new game comes out. Decide which 5 pokemon aside from the starters I like most from this generation and catch them as I go along. Sometimes I only have 4 pokemon by Victory Road, but I'm used to playing like that now. I don't bother with breeding or natures or abilities until postgame.
>>
>>26664734
Sun, unless the version exclusives for Moon are better. I don't really like either box legendary and don't really care about legendaries anyways so I'm not sure yet.

>What's your starter?
Popplio, unless he turns out to be a fat fuck, or has a final evolution that I really don't like. My next pick will be Rowlet in this case.

Grill.

I dunno. I will probably shiny hunt a lot, maybe even for a shiny starter, unless there's a lot of dialogue like in X&Y. I don't have any plans for how to play other than that.
>>
Probably Sun, I like the box cover legendary more. Although that might change depending on version exclusives, I remember really wanting to get X because of Xerneas, but Y had Skrelp and Spritzee and I couldn't refuse.

What's your starter?
Likely Popplio. I'll admit - I didn't like it at all at first, I thought I was going to hate it just as much as I hate the Chespin line, but it's really grown on me. I'm really hoping that it's final evo isn't garbage.

Grill

Normal run with my favorite pokemon, of course.
>>
>>26664734
>Moon
>Popplio
>Girl
>Only with pokemon of the new gen and without using the pokedex to choose the better ones but choosing them by their apparence
>>
Sun
Popplio
Girl 3
New pokes only and considering going in blind, but I don't have the self discipline to manage. Otherwise just for fun.
>>
doing anything other than catching pokemon as you go makes you a faggot
planning/using the same shit over and over is autism
>>
Moon
Male
Popplio, maybe Litten if it has the better evos
Will plan out a team in advance and go through the game with those picks, hopefully enjoy the story and gym leader + E4 challenge gameplay
>>
Sun, I was going to pick moon but the Legend won me over

Male

Gonna stick with Rowlet hoping to stay close to Owltair but of course its fake. I just hope they don't fuck up the final evos
>>
File: 1463423614949.gif (487 KB, 500x370) Image search: [Google]
1463423614949.gif
487 KB, 500x370
>>26664734
Moon. I always pick the "cool" coloured version. I dont use legendaries, and my friends help me get exclusives
> What's your starter?
Popplio- most personality
Guess
I follow my own autuist rules:
Only new pokemon in the team
Only demaging attacks
Cant box starter
The same way i did when I was 4
>>
Both
Sun: Rowlet; Moon: Litten
Sun: Boy; Moon: Girl
Sun: Regular playthrough; Moon: Gen VII Pokemon only

starting with Moon
>>
>>26664734
>people will unironically choose Faggot the Yiff Lion version over based Moonbat version

smdh
>>
>>26673979
I would normally go for Sun, but I've already caught Entei, so Pokemon Moon it is.

Plus I want to pick Litten and having two cat mons is like having two indian characters in a sitcom.
>>
>>26673754
Tranny. Male to Female, and at the stage where you dress up like a chick and sing Cher songs, but still have a penis.
>>
File: 1387230210001.jpg (46 KB, 550x400) Image search: [Google]
1387230210001.jpg
46 KB, 550x400
>>26664734
depends on specific mega-evolutions / pokemons

>What's your starter?
Rowlet

boy

Bug only challange. I love bug types, Beedrill is my bro since G1
>>
>>26673979
well the silvathorn line is way cooler than the sloglori line so it should come as no surprise that people pick sun over moon
>>
Moon
Popplio
Boy 2
Catch 'em all. Every diiferent pokemon i encounter i will catch. havent played like that before so could be fun
Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.